I have a topic of discussion maybe y'all can help me with

• Thread starter MagicNative1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MagicNative1

MagicNative1

But I don't think I was trying to say that plants decide male or female on a whim...
Although I do know that I'm pretty sure that by chemical limits in the seed genetics can be determined or directed towards say feminized, male or female traits within reg seed, or whatever to you know... By no means am I a geneticist or anything so this statement would probably at best just be bro science as far as the facts last yes you can feminize or even spray chemicals to induce a flip.. I do know but can't remember the compound... That like how people spray colloidal silver to get a fem to produce you can also get a male that's producing pollen to also self pollinate and produce male only seeds.... Not sure but I think this was a Vader tip.... But again idk the chemical myself to which you would have to use.. I wanted to know if for sure to help if necessary in breeding, but that would only be like to say create from a strain you already have and wish to purposely create males from this action so you could revert from either feminized seed or something back into reg seeds so you can start pairing up brother sisters and start generalizing your pheno's... But really that's still an science project long ass way around things when you can just buy seed A and seed b these days to begin with... But it's be cool to know you could by trying it out and accidentally running into success if....... If it worked... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Itman

Itman

Ahhhhhh yeah this on, I forgot about this... What I was trying to talk about was that females going into flower can tell when males are around and want to be pollinated so they sometimes ( from what I had read / and seen, random of course, in some of the YouTube guys I keep up with) can amp up their progression into or throughout flower because of the male...

It was just a topic I wanted to discuss and maybe bounce of a few people from the forums here...

I will say that I do believe in study, your wrong about plant communication... But also right because yes they do absolutely somewhat network through the roots network and the positive bacterias tied to those plants and their network... But I still believe if they're close enough without being able to network through option B that they still do have ways to know they're either near like wise plants when it comes down to breeding even in the wild mostly because there is also research showing that if a female in the wild doesn't feel it's going to stand a chance to be pollinated then sometimes they're capable of opting towards the Hermie trait and can self pollinate.. so if this is possible and they're somewhat cognitive about their surroundings in that fashion why not the vice versa.. where they understand they're close by to a male and need to be ready to do their thing....

Idk It was just interesting, and I think I only had posted this topic mainly because I'd probably heard the same thing more than once, by accident probably, lol.. within a week or few weeks to have it still fresh on the noggin k
So you think plants have feelings.
Check out fantastic fungi documentary if you haven't already.

Itman

Itman

But I don't think I was trying to say that plants decide male or female on a whim...
Although I do know that I'm pretty sure that by chemical limits in the seed genetics can be determined or directed towards say feminized, male or female traits within reg seed, or whatever to you know... By no means am I a geneticist or anything so this statement would probably at best just be bro science as far as the facts last yes you can feminize or even spray chemicals to induce a flip.. I do know but can't remember the compound... That like how people spray colloidal silver to get a fem to produce you can also get a male that's producing pollen to also self pollinate and produce male only seeds.... Not sure but I think this was a Vader tip.... But again idk the chemical myself to which you would have to use.. I wanted to know if for sure to help if necessary in breeding, but that would only be like to say create from a strain you already have and wish to purposely create males from this action so you could revert from either feminized seed or something back into reg seeds so you can start pairing up brother sisters and start generalizing your pheno's... But really that's still an science project long ass way around things when you can just buy seed A and seed b these days to begin with... But it's be cool to know you could by trying it out and accidentally running into success if....... If it worked... 🤷🏻‍♂️
Never heard of a male self pollinating.

Latest posts

Top Bottom