I have a veg lighting question.

• Thread starter weed420420420420420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

while they are on 18-6 is it ok to go and turn the light on at 2am and dick around with them for an hour?
I know that thats bad during flower but how about veg? Is that a risk for sexually confused plants later on?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
What about putting in a green light to use during dark period?

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
yeah the green light will disturb less the photoreceptors
but it needs to be real monochromatic green, so somewhere around 550nm, to not include blue or red in the mix.
another way to counter night interruption is by finishing the visit by a 730nm pulse, but this is a one-time solution only

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@N1ghtL1ght and I have a disagreement about this, however I fully respect his opinion. We have read the same testing and reporting on these green light questions and have come away with different views.

I do not believe that green light will not trigger the plants. But if you are only doing it during veg (are these photos or autos?) the "damage" will be minimal. My advice would be to change your grow so they stay dark when they are supposed to. If you are 18/6, could you not change that so lights are on at 2:00AM if that is when you need to maintain?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
while they are on 18-6 is it ok to go and turn the light on at 2am and dick around with them for an hour?
I know that thats bad during flower but how about veg? Is that a risk for sexually confused plants later on?
Hi, Change your lights on time to accommodate your needs. You could add a couple of hours to your on time 19/5 -- 20/4 or 24 hrs to get your schedule right so you don't have to do the on off thing..... You don't want to be watering or feeding through their dark period in soil.......what else is there to do for an hour? where you regularly need an hour through their dark time?

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Hey you can even go in there during flower with the flashlight on your phone and take pics or spend a few minutes in there admiring them if you want without messing them up.
The flowering system is hormone based and it's cumulative with light exposure/intensity before you can affect those and flip the system.
Even more is that the flowering system is localized, you can mess up one branch with light and rest of plant will be unaffected.
That's how STS is used, on individual branches to force that local flowering system to make nanners. The whole plant doesn't do it....same for light.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
That's the thing they use in Men In Black to wipe memories, right?
they do it with plants, too

Latest posts

Top Bottom