I have aphids, some ants…I’m a noob. Sorry…we all start somewhere.

• Thread starter Maggotheag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Maggotheag

Maggotheag

Been using just plant therapy on my plants. One plants started getting color in the stems and then under further inspection, APHIDS! Plants started flowering 2 weeks ago. Heard of forbid 4f but I’m growing only the legal limit so spending $222 on that stuff seems insane. Can’t seem to find smaller bottles. I hardly spent that much on my nutes! Also heard you shouldn’t spray that stuff on during flowering.

A buddy said pyrethrum?

Also have some ants around climbing around too. Noticed them just this past week. Only one plant seems to be problematic but I want to get em outta here ASAP.

Any suggestions?

Btw-using Mills nutrients and molasses.

I appreciate your time.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Try some spinosad on em I’m not too experienced but I have used some different products but did not have aphids.. hope you clear it up fast before your buds start developing. If you’re on week 2 maybe you have a chance but you better Amazon prime something quick!

Scar818

Scar818

You can spray and not worry too much if you are only 2 weeks into flowering. Idk what the best product for aphids is I usually get thrips or mites so i have the insecticides for them. Just make sure you spray when lights are out and at least 6 hours before they turn on. After you spray turn your fans off for 2-3 hours then back on.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you want something less expensive and that can be used well into flower, try Nuke 'Em for soft bodied pests.

Those are sweet-eating ants, so putting a few drops of Amdro liquid baits on bits of cardboard, near your plants, could wipe them out in a few days.

fishbuds

fishbuds

Aphids suck but hate water and soap. Hose your plants down vigorously with plain water, making sure to wash off most of the aphids. Then spray a mix of water and organic dishsoap on every stem and leaf. Repeat if/when necessary. Aphids do not require chemicals in most cases.

Sacking

Sacking

Been using just plant therapy on my plants. One plants started getting color in the stems and then under further inspection, APHIDS! Plants started flowering 2 weeks ago. Heard of forbid 4f but I’m growing only the legal limit so spending $222 on that stuff seems insane. Can’t seem to find smaller bottles. I hardly spent that much on my nutes! Also heard you shouldn’t spray that stuff on during flowering.

A buddy said pyrethrum?

Also have some ants around climbing around too. Noticed them just this past week. Only one plant seems to be problematic but I want to get em outta here ASAP.

Any suggestions?

I appreciate your time.
Imho, and many will agree, you want to avoid using any pyrethrins when flowering. Safer's Insect Killing Soap is what many growers here in N.Cali (that I know) use for aphid control throughout the growing cycle. I've never had to use it indoors, but it's used outdoors very well. Depending on the level of your infestation, you should be able to outright get rid of them or at least keep them under control. Cheers 🍻

RodKoehler

RodKoehler

A buddy said pyrethrum?

Any suggestions?

I appreciate your time.
Same here on the ants and aphids with one of my GG4s at 4100 feet in Northern Ca. Since we're a few weeks into bud, I used my hose to spray the heck out of them with water AFTER pruning anything unnecessary from the plant (little sucker shoots going the wrong direction, any buds buried in the plant, and any big leaves in the low middle). I just noticed the ants a few days ago, and the leaves didn't show anything. I put cinnamon around the trunk and the ants are gone. The ants come to eat little sweet balls the aphids make after putting holes in your leaves. That can cause mold. I think I'll keep spraying her daily until my wife can't find anymore aphids.

Last edited:
RodKoehler

RodKoehler

If you want something less expensive and that can be used well into flower, try Nuke 'Em for soft bodied pests.

Those are sweet-eating ants, so putting a few drops of Amdro liquid baits on bits of cardboard, near your plants, could wipe them out in a few days.
I spread cinnamon around the trunk and the ants don't come back. Worked over night.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

The ants are rearing the aphids to harvest their honeydew.
Spray the aphids off the plants with a stream of water. Then spread a bunch of diatomaceous earth around your pots to keep the ants from bringing them back.

In the garden I plant some sunflowers nearby and the ants always prefer them to anything else and keep the aphids off everything in a 25 ft radius.

Top Bottom