I have never seen white Flowers on a cannabis plant!

• Thread starter Louise33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Do you have a light meter to check your PPFD readings? The pictures scream light bleaching or (hash tips) which is caused more common in LED grows. I know you say it’s not, but your pictures indicate it is. You may have a more sensitive pheno and can’t take as much light, or you have it directly under the strongest part of the light. Quantum boards have hot spots versus bar designs which dissipate their light more evenly. ✌️

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Definitely says light bleaching to me, especially being the middle plant, which would be under the hotspot of that quantum board. It also seems like the white tips are on foxtails, usually caused by light or heat stress.. seems to be the case as quite a few leaves are missing pieces and fried looking from to much light.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Plant does not in no way looked fried sir.
It's still flowering now.

1. Pure white flowers on my cannabis plant. Not just white pistils but flowers!

2. https://greencultured.co/cannabis-buds-form-white-tips/

3.https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-albino-weed-the-stuf
Imo it’s light intensity - look at the other plants they shying away from the light . I know you want to be special but it ain’t, even the link you sent said it would be very high in thc ? Really it’s a Cbd plant

M

MasterCookie

Why thank you. I think so also!
Thought I would share her pics in a cannabis forum. But gee, think I am having regrets.
Just shows you how people see things with their eyes so differently. I think it's gorgeous another person says it's moldy or fried.
I guess it's all how you look at things.
Have a beautiful night!
Bro whatever the reason for the whiteness.. I need this like yesterday!! You are soo lucky.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Each their own I guess, I know it’s harmless but that would have me running for the hills if someone packed that up in a bowl for me 🤣
When it happens to me I cut off and pitch it! Doesn’t go in my jar! But like ya said to each their own

Z

Zill

Louise,

Your mutated flowers resemble your beautiful owls.

I believe what you are seeing is a mutation called a chimera. A chimera is a genetic mutation in a single organism that later displays more than one distinct genotype, displayed phenotype. Consider the grapefruit industry. A chimera on one orange tree discovered by a grower it later become the grapefruit industry. The muted scion was removed and grafted to a root stock. All grapefruits are vegetatively propagated. Grapefruit seeds are not viable.

Zill.

Z

Zill

Louise,

A follow up: All the white flowers - are they associated with the same strain? Any chimera is play against the odds if your white flowers appear frequently on different strains, I doubt it's chimera like mutation.

Z

Zill

Louise,
Ok, really, one last follow-up.

Your seed supplier may be interested to hear about the genetic instability with that strain. They may be getting a few calls. With all the cloning and strain selection going on I'm not too surprised to see such things emerging.

Zill.

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

100% light bleach and yes you can smoke it but decreased thc, cbd and all the other things too, if you try sell it who know little bit about weed they wont buy it or take it even free. 🙂

Z

Zill

His white flowers are not due to photooxidation from too intense a light source. It's restricted to only a flower or two. Photooxidation would be uniformly distributed and also primarily associated with the leaves not zeroing in a couple of flowers.

Zill.

Top Bottom