I have peatmoss and need help to mix it I need help please.

• Thread starter Simba1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Simba1

Simba1

Hi guys and girls,
I have peatmoss+guano bat +sea bird compost+cow and hen compost +perlite and blood powder ,
How do I have to mix them? Do I need to mix all or no?do I need to mix the peat moss with soil aswell?what do I need to do I am confused to know what and which to mix , I want to contemplate for 30 liter pot for chees xxl autoflowers and later I ll do photoperiod.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What is the analysis of the guano, and various composts? Are they already mixed together?

To mix them, get a tarp. Measure out 23 L of peat and 7 L of perlite, then add however much of the nutrient-bearing additives you intend to add. I would also add some dolomite or other limestone (if finely ground, about 100 ml might work, but you have to check pH after mixing).

To mix, pull up one side of the tarp and tumble the soil materials together. When you get as close to the other side of the tarp with the pile of materials as you feel comfortable, go to the other side of the tarp and pull it up, tumbling the soil in the other direction. Do it from other directions, as well, until you are convinced the soil is mixed well.

Other than that, you can build something, using an oil drum (a clean one) so you can put materials in the drum and hand crank it to tumble and mix. I prefer not to explain what I'm doing to my neighbors, though.

elduderito

elduderito

Organic soil is kinda like cooking - there's more than way to skin a cat... have a look if your stuff has any NPK info to understand what each ingredient is gonna bring to the mix.... Not too familiar with auto's but in general you want to start your seedlings in a 'plain mix' (e.g. Biobizz light mix - or seedling mixes) to avoid overwhelming (burning) your plants with all the nutrients...

Check this link below as well as the other sticky threads for more info about what your bringing....

I'm no expert and only recently made my first soil mix but from the extensive reading I've done I would advise as follows for your ingredients:

Base:
1/3 peatmoss
1/3 perlite
1/3 compost (not sure how 'hot' your manure compost) maybe mix your manure compost with EWC (earthworm castings) at a ratio of 1:1

Amendments: (per cubic foot)
1/2cup Bat guano (most often this will be high in P) 1
1/2cup Seabird guano (high N) - not sure what you have hear - if its a guano enriched compost or if its just straight guano
1/2 cup bloodmeal (I'm not sure but this one may be considered 'hot' and you'd need to mix this into your soil and let it 'cook' for a few weeks - basically it has to be broken down a bit before planted in) - hopefully some experts can confirm or correct me on this one

I found this page quite informative as well:

Simba1

Simba1

What is the analysis of the guano, and various composts? Are they already mixed together?

To mix them, get a tarp. Measure out 23 L of peat and 7 L of perlite, then add however much of the nutrient-bearing additives you intend to add. I would also add some dolomite or other limestone (if finely ground, about 100 ml might work, but you have to check pH after mixing).

To mix, pull up one side of the tarp and tumble the soil materials together. When you get as close to the other side of the tarp with the pile of materials as you feel comfortable, go to the other side of the tarp and pull it up, tumbling the soil in the other direction. Do it from other directions, as well, until you are convinced the soil is mixed well.

Other than that, you can build something, using an oil drum (a clean one) so you can put materials in the drum and hand crank it to tumble and mix. I prefer not to explain what I'm doing to my neighbors, though.
Tnx for your time ,this is the analysis, sorry its not clear but readable

IMG 20210203 WA0001
Simba1

Simba1

Organic soil is kinda like cooking - there's more than way to skin a cat... have a look if your stuff has any NPK info to understand what each ingredient is gonna bring to the mix.... Not too familiar with auto's but in general you want to start your seedlings in a 'plain mix' (e.g. Biobizz light mix - or seedling mixes) to avoid overwhelming (burning) your plants with all the nutrients...

Check this link below as well as the other sticky threads for more info about what your bringing....

I'm no expert and only recently made my first soil mix but from the extensive reading I've done I would advise as follows for your ingredients:

Base:
1/3 peatmoss
1/3 perlite
1/3 compost (not sure how 'hot' your manure compost) maybe mix your manure compost with EWC (earthworm castings) at a ratio of 1:1

Amendments: (per cubic foot)
1/2cup Bat guano (most often this will be high in P) 1
1/2cup Seabird guano (high N) - not sure what you have hear - if its a guano enriched compost or if its just straight guano
1/2 cup bloodmeal (I'm not sure but this one may be considered 'hot' and you'd need to mix this into your soil and let it 'cook' for a few weeks - basically it has to be broken down a bit before planted in) - hopefully some experts can confirm or correct me on this one

I found this page quite informative as well:
I am very appreciated for your precious info and time I ll be in touch and send you the NPKratio of others,onelove.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If that's the bat guano analysis in the pic, it's really 2-3-1.1, which is reasonable and doesn't seem too hot. However, those other composts are likely going to have nutrients in them, as well. For veg, you want N to be a little higher

I'd have to experiment. I can't give you any solid advice on how much of these additives to mix in.

elduderito

elduderito

You should probably start with a small dose for the guanos and blood meal and see how the plants respond - remember just like cooking, you can always add more flavor/ingredients but you can't really take them out once they're already in.... With organic amendments - a lot of them can also be applied as a top dress as the grow progresses! Also your guanos could be used as a Compost Tea...
What does your packaging say about recommended dosage or applications? Is there a website or contact info - many organic suppliers will answer e-mails or provide advice!
Take care

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

best advice is read up!!! home boy who posted the soil mix link is right. Save yourself a whole lotta heart ache and error and educate yourself, this is serious stuff and there are a whole lotta variables that can make or break a new garden. A few late nights or long days and you should be on the right path, check out the sections here that apply to you and where your going with this dirt, read a lotta threads, consider following folks who are on your similar path. Theres a insane amount of free and kick ass information at your finger tips!!!

One final thing, your going to need aeration dawg. the thirds mix posted above is standard issue. aeration, compost/manure, and peat/coco...

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

don't overthink it and its good to read up but don't read too much. It can just overload you because there are a million opinions out there. I exclusively mix my own soil and I always get the same great results. Use the simple 3rds method. Another person on here recommended it also. 1 part peat moss, 1 part manure or guano, 1 part perlite or course vermiculite. Thats the mix. You can use various types of manure or guano they add the nitrates to the mix. Personally I have been using hormone free cow manure and it works great its dirt cheap. Bat guano is even better its just really expensive in comparison. You can use perlite or course vermiculate they both are sufficient. They add the aeration so the soil can breathe and prevents root rot. I prefer fabric pots with this mix works great. Add a nice helping of azomite for added minerals. You will be off to the races at half the price of fox farms. When I blend this mix I do it in wheel barrel size mixes. You can get all this stuff at your local Home Depot or hardware store. Good luck.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

You must mean compost? Using guano as a thirds mix in a media would be to hot, guano is specifically bat or seabird poop. any bird poop would be way way to hot, birds consume grains, bugs, and fish, thats why their poop is so loaded with nutrition, unlike cows or horses who eat grasses making a less hot poop. Cow and horse can still burn your plants when used too fresh.
And for the best bang for your buck for aeration is lava rock hand crushed will be cheap and give you a nice cup of course basalt dust. I mix in a concrete mixer its pretty chill and easy.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

You must mean compost? Using guano as a thirds mix in a media would be to hot, guano is specifically bat or seabird poop. any bird poop would be way way to hot, birds consume grains, bugs, and fish, thats why their poop is so loaded with nutrition, unlike cows or horses who eat grasses making a less hot poop. Cow and horse can still burn your plants when used too fresh.
And for the best bang for your buck for aeration is lava rock hand crushed will be cheap and give you a nice cup of course basalt dust. I mix in a concrete mixer its pretty chill and easy.
Yes you are correct my bad. I have never used guano in the 3rds mix because it is way too expensive however after looking it up you are correct guano is hotter than the manure I use. I use manure in the 1/3 mix all the time I have never burnt my plants with that ratio. I just honestly have not had any desire to change my current blend. In the past I have purchased really expensive high end fertilizers kelp and all that shit and personally just have not seen any huge extra benefit that outweighs the added cost. Why pay many times more for something that may only increase overall quality by a marginal level? Store bought cow manure in the big bag not fresh green stuff. I grow mad sparkly trichomes in regular cow shit fellas. I mean of course if you already bought guano use it Im sure its great! Just saying may not be necessary. I'm just a cheap ass I grow a lot of plants and the old school shit still gets it done. Like this...

Full outdoor. Grown in the same 1/3 mix. I harvested this last month. Behold the power of cheap cow shit! LOL 😂 💪
IMG 2689

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Of course by no means am I saying my way is the best way. There are many ways to blend your soil and if you have a method that works best for you then by all means keep rocking it 🤘

Im just saying that this is the cheapest way I have found to do it while still getting satisfactory results.

Top Bottom