I have seedlings are they healthy

• Thread starter Puppydog666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Puppydog666

Puppydog666

This is my first time growing in Tucson Arizona I but I am not all that confident about growing in this climate there are a few issues I would like some help addressing I am growing indoors but my setup is very basic a good grow light really good soil I haven't added any fertilizer yet because I wanted to wait until they got into veg first I'm using Sunshine aggregate plus mix number 4 with mycorrhizae (sphagnum moss) for my soil. The bottom leaves (the oldest ones )on my older plants which is 3 weeks old or so (maybe a month). Has started to turn lighter in color I do not know if this is normal is it a sign of a mineral deficiency? does it mean I need to add fertilizer quickly? Could it just be genetics and nothing to worry about? Or do I have a problem could either of these be the result of over-watering? I haven't been over watering but I also haven't let my soil get to dry I've been doing about the same as I would for a tomato plant I have included a photo of the I'm concerned about as well as a photo of my simple growth space any pointers would be greatly appreciated Also if anyone has any tips on growing in desert climates I am all ears I may be growing indoors but I do not have working AC so I will be grown indoors but still dealing with Tucson Arizona summer heat any help is greatly appreciated and thank you

I have seedlings are they healthy
I have seedlings are they healthy 2
Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah it's coming along. Interesting light you have there. Never seen one like that I don't think. I would begin feeding something to it now. The yellowing is most likely a result of no nutrients.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Looks like that light may be way to close for that little lady. In the beginning, unless using a fluorescent bulb, LED’s should be a good 2 ft or more from the seedling. If it stretches, just bury the stem a bit when you up-pot.

Puppydog666

Puppydog666

Thanks. This is my first indoor grow as well. I have a good bit of experience growing pot but all my experiences based on California's emerald triangle climate and it's all outdoor organic knowledge which apparently doesn't really transfer over to indoor as well as I had hoped. I will try moving the light back a little bit and I need suggestions for nutrients? I was thinking of bat guano and bone meal or seabird guano and bone meal. I cant afford any fertilizer until the third of march though. Im disabled by bipolar disorder and nd on fixed income. Any inexpensive brands
The reason I was hoping. To use bat guano is because you can mix it in water and spray it on the soil and I wouldn't have to disturb the plants to do that is this a good idea? Please and thank you I have no indoor growing experience all my growing experienc is outdoors any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Puppydog666

Puppydog666

Smart LED bulb is only 150 watt The Blaze turned downward in order for the picture to come out where you could see all four of them normally I lift them up all the way and they are about a foot and a half away right now I will move them back to two and a half feet and just to give it a little extra play. I was worried that because cannabis is such a high energy plant it would need to be surrounded side light and set I could possibly do I was certain I was cutting it a little too close and I thank you for the help I am sure I will have more question soon thank you for the quick response THC farmer Teen community

Puppydog666

Puppydog666

My bulb has three timer settings I have it on 15 hours on 9 hours off it has the opposite of that and a 12 + 12 on/off. I should also states that this is my first grow in about a decade so I am definitely a little rusty Subway in Arizona finally decided they were going to legalize recreational pot I realized that I would be a fool not to put seeds in the ground in pots as the case may be

Puppydog666

Puppydog666

I'm looking for Afghan Zoo as well as any other amp Danica speed because I know afghanica grows well in the desert anyone know any afghanica seeds that are not in this labeled as Indica please let me know and again I'm on a fixed income I need to find seeds that are feminized and the relatively inexpensive the cheapest I found it Comes to about $6 received can anybody find better online? I'm also going to try my hand with some of the skunk varieties I was also thinking of British Columbia big bud

Puppydog666

Puppydog666

All right I have move the lights back so it's two feet away I was thinking of adding bat guano powder mix in water for fertilizer and just add that to the water are used to water it

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Your looking bone dry man....Water till run off only using a cup full at a time in the center and waiting till it absorbs.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

SouthernAZclones

SouthernAZclones

This is my first time growing in Tucson Arizona I but I am not all that confident about growing in this climate there are a few issues I would like some help addressing I am growing indoors but my setup is very basic a good grow light really good soil I haven't added any fertilizer yet because I wanted to wait until they got into veg first I'm using Sunshine aggregate plus mix number 4 with mycorrhizae (sphagnum moss) for my soil. The bottom leaves (the oldest ones )on my older plants which is 3 weeks old or so (maybe a month). Has started to turn lighter in color I do not know if this is normal is it a sign of a mineral deficiency? does it mean I need to add fertilizer quickly? Could it just be genetics and nothing to worry about? Or do I have a problem could either of these be the result of over-watering? I haven't been over watering but I also haven't let my soil get to dry I've been doing about the same as I would for a tomato plant I have included a photo of the I'm concerned about as well as a photo of my simple growth space any pointers would be greatly appreciated Also if anyone has any tips on growing in desert climates I am all ears I may be growing indoors but I do not have working AC so I will be grown indoors but still dealing with Tucson Arizona summer heat any help is greatly appreciated and thank you
Hey puppydog666. We are down by Tucson working on an off grid grow. Hit us up anytime. -Angie and Brad
20210311 155603

20210226 114746

20210311 155713

Latest posts

Top Bottom