i have to mix my nutes with 1 gallon of water, but i only need 32oz of it to feed 2 plants. What do i do with the left over nute mix?

• Thread starter my9goesbang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

my9goesbang

My 1st feeding is coming up within the next 48hrs. I'm using Fox Farm Trio. ( i will be using half of the recommended dosage)
I'm suppose to mix the trio with 1 gallon of water but i only have two 1 gallon plants to feed. Do i save the left over mix until next feed? or Do i have to make a fresh batch every feeding time?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My 1st feeding is coming up within the next 48hrs. I'm using Fox Farm Trio. ( i will be using half of the recommended dosage)
I'm suppose to mix the trio with 1 gallon of water but i only have two 1 gallon plants to feed. Do i save the left over mix until next feed? or Do i have to make a fresh batch every feeding time?
if its kept cool it might be okay for a few days..giver the sniff test..if it smells sour or off then it is off...Try and mix up what you need only I often toss 1/2 jugs left over or if its veg nute's I give it to my wife for house plants

If it says give 1tsp /gal..then only give it 1/2 tsp in 1/2 gallon...and so on..

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

if its kept cool it might be okay for a few days..giver the sniff test..if it smells sour or off then it is off...Try and mix up what you need only I often toss 1/2 jugs left over or if its veg nute's I give it to my wife for house plants

If it says give 1tsp /gal..then only give it 1/2 tsp in 1/2 gallon...and so on..
Sometimes I pour leftover nute mix in the flower border outside. Of course, we're not doing that right now during the winter months ....

You could half your dose and mix up only the amount of nutes you need as well. Granted doses might be small enough that they get hard to do accurately. Still, its something to consider.

Dye

Dye

Shake up good and use it. Do it all the time. Use quart plastic juice etc bottles all the time for That reason.
I have some real healthy Easter cactus that get fed too.
I have gallon jugs of empty Arizona ice tea jugs all over the place.
I save bottles for that reason, use a quart for these plants, gallon for these plants.
Use duck tape label everything, never leave in sun or hot area, and shake well.
This mix for young seedling, this mix for vegging, then flower.
The companies would love if you had to remix every time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom