I have tried it all should I pull them..They look bad.

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I don't think it's over or under watering it seems more like your locking out your nutes . Your leafs are pale , drooping and some twisting . Don't pull them just look real hard at your nutes , ph and ppms and you will get ur done . Is that soil that you had them in to start the plants and then put them in the cubes ? Could that be leaching into your res from your trays during runoff and making things outta wack ? I see it's drain to waste
I drained the Rez filled it back up re added all my nutes I am at 1000 ppm gonna give them some nutes and see what happens ...Thanks
Sorry to leave you hanging man. Yeah, I guess, since I don't exactly know everything that's going on with your situation, give'em a flush, but at 300 ppms, so you don't compound any deficiances you already have. Then feed them what I said. Another thing that will help is lower your CO2 to 1000ppm, until they get back on track. You have some major deficiances going on and CO2 only compounds them.

Im going to give them nutes at 1000 ppm and see If they get better ..I will give it one more week and if things dont get better start over with out the slabs .Ill add those later once they get bigger They seem to be pulling there moister from the slab the cubes dry out but the slabs stay wet ...

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Ok I watered them at 1000 ppm and Ph 5.8 water temp 67 deg. I then measured the runn off collected in a bucket and the PH was 6.5 PPM was 890..Should I lower my Ph to5.3 and soak them ?

S

supasticky

It looks like an Iron deficiency to me:

http://i257.invalid.com/albums/hh230/itschillbro/Iron-Sulfur.jpg

Usually when you have an Iron deficiency you also have a Zinc and Molybdenum deficiency which is funny because I thought it was Mn in the beginning.

I grow in soil so I'm not sure exactly what to use to counter this problem, but this book I've got says to use Iron Chelates?lol Just look up Iron Oxide supplements or ask your Hydro shop and they'll know what you're talking about.

-Supa

stickyicky

stickyicky

Hey bro,

You may want to think about flood and drain. I have never had good luck watering rockwool from top. Transition would'nt be a big deal. Less headache in long run.

Good Luck

R

Rolln J

Hey bro,

You may want to think about flood and drain. I have never had good luck watering rockwool from top. Transition would'nt be a big deal. Less headache in long run.

Good Luck

you really dont want to ebb/flo slabs - unless your only gonna water once every 2 days or so - then whats the point of doing hydro?

my sickest hydro grows have been top feed in rockwool.

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok, do what you feel comfortable doing, but lower your CO2 to 1000ppm. I guarantee it will help.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I went in the room this morning and they look even more droopier/ They look bad.. Im not going to water until they look like they need it ..Im begining to hate hydro I have had these isues since day 1 I think the slabs are the problem..I waited 4 days between watering

2fast4u2

2fast4u2

At what point should I water It seems the slabs stay moist but the 6" cubes dry up my thought was the roots where sucking the water from the slabs..And I was over watering..

edit, nvrmind, your plants look deficient.

Rockwool is a fickle medium, one minute they are happy, the next they are thirsty.

Typically, you would never water rockwool more than once a day.

How old are your plants, we need to act fast.

The problem is rockwool can hold alot of water, enough to drown a plant.

The slabs are holding a ton of water, and i bet your roots are sitting in water.

pick up the slabs, are they light or heavy, that would tell you if your watering correctly.

ps, nutrients need to be ph'd to 5.5 with ro water in rockwool, it has a natural ph of 8.1

lemme know if i can help, i wont stand for a thread that makes hydro look hard, we can fix this.

2fast4u2

2fast4u2

Hey bro,

Good Luck

couldnt have said it better myself.

Ebb&flow dominates all in tems of ease of use and low maintenance. Only aero or fogponics are faster, but the ph flux with those systems is a bitch.

H

headband707

Look I would say from those pics they deffently look dry to me and yes they look like they my have a nute problem. Or they did dry out and this is what it looks like from drying out. Try a foiler spray on them if it picks up from that spray you know this is part of your problem and give them more water IMHO You should be able to feel the cubes and how dry thay are. If the bottom of the plant is yellowing like it is in this picture then that is underwatering and yes a bit of nute problems here.If it's rotting from the top that is overwatering pretty simple really. Peace out Headband707

S

Sirius

im sure your nute levels / co2 were fine... what i believe happened was that you placed your cubes onto your slabs before the roots were fully developed in the cubes... the water was then drawn to the slabs passing the sensitive little cuts.. therefore they were either being suffocated by water or had an abundance of oxygen... no happy medium for the size of the roots... when using rockwool you want to transplant in the same way you would with soil... only when the roots are blasting out of the bottoms of the cubes... (if using slabs you can speed this process up by using smaller cubes)...

i usually hand water my cuts in rockwool until they are ready to go in slabs... or get on a ebb/flow cycle.. dont give up on this system im sure when dialed in you will get phenomenal results... you just have to be careful how much you water them... if they dont have time to dry out a little then the roots won't fully develop (searching for water)... its a process they need to reach full potential..

it looks like you might have stunted their growth... think about squeezing them all together under a tray or two and start another batch...

hope this helps...

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Root rot, more then likely. You should use H2O2, in your reservior.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
im sure your nute levels / co2 were fine... what i believe happened was that you placed your cubes onto your slabs before the roots were fully developed in the cubes... the water was then drawn to the slabs passing the sensitive little cuts.. therefore they were either being suffocated by water or had an abundance of oxygen... no happy medium for the size of the roots... when using rockwool you want to transplant in the same way you would with soil... only when the roots are blasting out of the bottoms of the cubes... (if using slabs you can speed this process up by using smaller cubes)...

i usually hand water my cuts in rockwool until they are ready to go in slabs... or get on a ebb/flow cycle.. dont give up on this system im sure when dialed in you will get phenomenal results... you just have to be careful how much you water them... if they dont have time to dry out a little then the roots won't fully develop (searching for water)... its a process they need to reach full potential..

it looks like you might have stunted their growth... think about squeezing them all together under a tray or two and start another batch...

hope this helps...
Thank you very much!! I actually feel much better after reading this Thats exactly what I came up with after watering them one more time.. Im going to start over let the roots blow out the cubes then use the slabs ..
Root rot, more then likely. You should use H2O2, in your reservior.

Thanks...

GanjaGood!

GanjaGood!

I've always vegged without slabs, then placed on slabs for flower...purely for space saving reasons (small veg room, large flower room).

But it it makes a lot of sense, establish roots before placing on slabs...hope that solves the issue!!!

M

Michael_Eaton

Flush em... Then clean out your res... I'll bet those slabs are the real issue though... You need to flush this system weekly... If you have a PH meter you should stick it in the slabs and I bet you'll find your problem... Also, did you make adequite drain holes in the plastic for the slabs?

Red Reign

Red Reign

Looks like root rot to me too.

I'm a long time hydro grower. When I moved to my current spot my plants looked exactly like yours. The roots looked fine also, but they would pull away from the plant with the slightest tug. Never had a problem at my old spot, and ended up wasting months trying to find the problem at the new spot. I never found the problem, but I'm pretty the water has some type of pythium, bacteria, etc. in it.

Not saying you have problem water, but check your roots very close. Root rot or not, your plants are definitely not uptaking nutes.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Ok so here is what I did I basicly started over....Ya it hurt but I did not want it to kill me in the end..The roots where white when I pulled them so it was not root rot...I never PHd the slabs just put them rite on and thats where I went wrong...I satarted all over fresh cuttings soaked the cubes for 18 hrs in a ph of 5.5..dimmed the lights only running 4 x 1000 watts at 75% they took off like no other they look very happy and I have already seen new growth..It was hard starting over but it will pay off in the end. Gonna hold off on the slabs until a couple more weeks. Then I will get a kiddy pool and soak them in a ph of 5.0 and it should end up at 5.5 after 24 hrs.. Thanks for every ones input I have learned alot and will never let this happen again..Jack...

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
We are all learnin' man! If you ever run into problems like this again, lower your C02, it will slow down the progression of problems and buy you time to figure them out.

stickyicky

stickyicky

Good move starting over. Chances are you could have nursed some back to good health but, some probably not.

Are you using R/O? Are you adding cal/mag or epsom w/ R/O? Just checking.

Good Luck

S

Sirius

wow... glad you found your problem! I really didnt want to see your beautiful setup only produce sub par product... I usually soak my cubes in RO water ph down to 5... then flush with more water until run off is 5... then i stack them all so the water gets sucked through and rewater with some gnatrol and a light nutrient mix... again im glad you started fresh... i cant wait to see the new babies blast off!

im about to stick mine into STG slabs (no need to pretreat them)... ill post pics in the next day or two... are you going to start a new thread? or stick with the "all cali connect coming soon" thread?

cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom