I hope everything is okay.

• Thread starter BlaBlaKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BlaBlaKush

Hello friends. These are my first plants. He avoids too many problems. I hope everything is okay. How can I help the facility? How can I create a better environment for him?

https://invalid.com/a/UsJ2DDE
https://invalid.com/a/dLOJIw0
https://invalid.com/a/7vk637l

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Welcome to the Farm! Hey bro, just to let you know.....your links do not work. Post your pictures here in plain light with as much information as you can, soil type, lights, nutes, etc. Someone will assist you !

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello friends. These are my first plants. He avoids too many problems. I hope everything is okay. How can I help the facility? How can I create a better environment for him?
Not "him", her! ;)

Per your request: Consider adjusting the fan so it blows between the light and the plant tops, not directly on the plants, good luck

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I keep a fan above and below. It's important to expose the bottoms sides of leaves to good airflow IMO.

Also I would say I see significantly more plants with poor airflow than wind burn. You need to have good air movement throught the entire plant but it should not be constant direct airflow. Oscillating fans are ideal because of this.

Using LED I wouldn't worry to much about airflow between the light and plant and more so getting the bottoms of the leaves some flow

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Even the corners need airflow.
My room is 8 x 11 x11 high. I have 2 12 in oscillating fans each at opposite corners, a couple 9 in fans blowing across the bottoms of the ladies along with 2 -6 in inline exhaust fans, one that vents my hoods.
Temps and humidity are pretty much the same anywhere in there.

B

BlaBlaKush

I keep a fan above and below. It's important to expose the bottoms sides of leaves to good airflow IMO.

Also I would say I see significantly more plants with poor airflow than wind burn. You need to have good air movement throught the entire plant but it should not be constant direct airflow. Oscillating fans are ideal because of this.

Using LED I wouldn't worry to much about airflow between the light and plant and more so getting the bottoms of the leaves some flow
dude, I couldn't get anything out of it. Can you be more specific?

B

BlaBlaKush

Those leaves look wind burned. Move the fan so it’s not blowing directly on the leaves. Think indirect not direct contact.
I was hoping that the wind would hit the leaves directly and move. I'm fixing now.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Move the fan lower so that it's oscillating and creating more air movement through the plant instead of down on it. Most people put the fan blowing over the top to reduce the heat produced from the light... With LED this is not necessary imo.
The reason I say lower is because the best airflow is when you are getting airflow to the bottom of the leaves since this is where they "breathe" per se.

Like was said not direct constant airflow. Oscillating lightly or indirect airflow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Those leaves look wind burned. Move the fan so it’s not blowing directly on the leaves. Think indirect not direct contact.
I don't see any wind burn but my eyes are shit. If the humidity is good it's pretty hard to wind burn them if they are just wiggling

B

BlaBlaKush

Yo

You’ll probably want another fan in there. One blowing across the lower part of the plants and one blowing across the canopy.

There is one more fan bigger than the more powerful. but the cabin is small. The cabin will be enlarged this week. then I give air from below with big fan.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yo

You’ll probably want another fan in there. One blowing across the lower part of the plants and one blowing across the canopy.
^Agree, I use two 9" floor fans & 1 clip fan in each tent for best results, good luck!
20191215 132627

Seraphine

Seraphine

Curled or clawed leaves near the fan is typically wind burn. If you look at the pic, you can see the damaged leaves are directly under the fan. But I could be wrong.

25A79E6F 0BCD 4AF1 802F 953B4FDFA63C
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Honestly I believe if the leaves are moving at all they are also getting more light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Honestly I believe if the leaves are moving at all they are also getting more light.
Surface area don't think they get more light but airflow keeping the microclimate around the leaf replenished of CO2 and equal humidity to the room is key. I think there is little point in measuring the humidity of a room if the leaves are stagnant and have a high humidity microclimate around the leaf preventing good transpiration

Top Bottom