I Just lolipopped my photoperiod Albarino, and transplanted from 3 gallon to 5 gallon last night. How long till i should flip to flower?

• Thread starter ..HIGHLYxLYFETD..
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Yeah so I'm just curious how long anyone might wait after transplanting, defoliating, or topping, before going to 12/12.... if u wait different times for each of those, please lmk how much. Much love yall!!!

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

I'm pretty sure I prob shouldn't even have done both at once, but i really can't wait a lot longer to flower her, cuz she won't fit in the 2x2 im gonna use if she gets much bigger

2Bad

2Bad

I'm pretty sure I prob shouldn't even have done both at once, but i really can't wait a lot longer to flower her, cuz she won't fit in the 2x2 im gonna use if she gets much bigger
One way to make it stretch less is to leave all the sucker branches/don't prune branches until around day 21 of flip. You can flip to 12/12 in like 10 days.

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Yeah so I'm just curious how long anyone might wait after transplanting, defoliating, or topping, before going to 12/12.... if u wait different times for each of those, please lmk how much. Much love yall!!!
Just to be clear, I was asking how long ppl waited before flowering, before any one of those. Obviously not all at once. I been doing LST since the beginning. I lolipopped and then transplanted. But she was in an air pot, so I only had to unscrew the 2 screws that hold it together, and unwrap it. Didn't think that would stress it out shock it very much. But maybe I'm very wrong? Idk.

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Maybe a good water-boarding or simply a beating would keep it from overgrowing the tent.
I mean height wise mostly. The 2x2 only 4 foot tall and after hanging the light, 3ft 4 inches all the height I got. And she's like 28 inches tall. I might need to super crop it to fit when she stretches. Unless she don't. I know some strains don't stretch really much. I've never super cropped anything, so I'm not sure. I've only heard ppl talk about it, or seen in videos. I gotta Kinda pinch till it crunches and twist it right? I'm not gonna do shit till i feel confident in trying it. Any advice? I might make another post about that specifically. Or better yet there prob already is one... lol.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I mean height wise mostly. The 2x2 only 4 foot tall and after hanging the light, 3ft 4 inches all the height I got. And she's like 28 inches tall. I might need to super crop it to fit when she stretches. Unless she don't. I know some strains don't stretch really much. I've never super cropped anything, so I'm not sure. I've only heard ppl talk about it, or seen in videos. I gotta Kinda pinch till it crunches and twist it right? I'm not gonna do shit till i feel confident in trying it. Any advice? I might make another post about that specifically. Or better yet there prob already is one... lol.
Experiment. You will be surprised at how much physical abuse cannabis plants can take and bounce back stronger. Short of detaching a stem, the plant can repair itself.

The more tops, the less the stretch. When you super crop and lay a branch on its side, branches and tops will pop up from each node. Ultimately, you will get smaller buds, but more of them. I often do this when I want to reduce the chances of bud rot.

Also, blue light will reduce stretch, red and especially far red, will increase it.

GranniesGrams

GranniesGrams

I've got about 5 to 6 grows under my belt. So many people are likely more experienced than I am. However if you're going to flip after transplanting. My mind goes to the root structure to support bud production. When I've transplanted before flip I also use a root stimulator to get those growing. I personally would wait A minimum of a week possibly to 2. Checking your growth after transplant will show you how well they're doing. Start looking at the plants after a week and see if they have had good growth, which usually indicates root growth. (To me) During this time before flip I usually also start supplementing with Flowering specific nutrients. Once you're done with the stretch, lollipop again. Increases light/ventilation. ? Hope this is helpful 🙂

Oh, this is some allen wrench, about to flip this weekend. Last week lollipop'd em, yesterday their regrowth and potential bud sites just exploded... going to flip and add a scrog net for support. Once they are done will lolli them again.

20230120 161310
20230120 161233
Last edited:
NealKolins

NealKolins

Congrats on the transplant and defoliation of your Albarino! As for flipping to flower, it really depends on the growth and health of your plant.

NealKolins

NealKolins

Congrats on the transplant and defoliation of your Albarino! As for flipping to flower, it really depends on the growth and health of your plant.
Generally, you want to wait a few days to a week to let the plant settle in its new pot and recover from any stress before switching to 12/12. Some folks even wait a little longer after topping to give the plant time to regrow and strengthen. Check out one of the best dispensaries in Burlington, they have some killer varieties and experienced bartenders to help answer all your growing questions. Happy growing up, I'm sure you'll do well!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Generally, you want to wait a few days to a week to let the plant settle in its new pot and recover from any stress before switching to 12/12. Some folks even wait a little longer after topping to give the plant time to regrow and strengthen. Check out one of the best dispensaries in Burlington, they have some killer varieties and experienced bartenders to help answer all your growing questions. Happy growing up, I'm sure you'll do well!
Check the date...old post

N

napakayaker

Why do people transplant past your initial clone cube in a 1 gallon pot. When it's well rooted put her in a nice short squat pot and let her grow as much roots as possible. Great roots equal great quality bud
You control the vegetation and lollipop after flower begins. You can see which ones are viable by the hairs. All else geta pruned back leaving the lead bud and the two behind it. Everything else won't amount to much and it's better to just get rid of them before they rob the plant from putting it in the better ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom