I just made a dumb mistake. What are your guys biggest Mistakes and fails?

• Thread starter Cookoo4Coco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I think I just made the biggest mistake last night after 40 years of growing , I got so fed up with fungus gnats that I sprayed a tray of plants with "off deep woods insect repellent ", you never saw bugs die so fast .....only problem is , a day later my girls looked like someone dropped napalm on half of them , don't do this .......
They'll be fine.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Did the same , except the three knuckleheads had an argument during harvest and I had to witness a bloody fistfight , not doing that again
holy crap, haha. well your ok that’s good!.
it’ll be a different story this year..
though my job takes me to every house and i’m walking by plants all the time, some with wpm some with pest etc.. can’t believe some spots people grow them.. haha..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I prefer to call it manufactured learning 😁 I'm a professional at this. It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it. Sometimes I like to learn the same lesson multiple times to make sure I understand.

Can never be to sure lol.

Cookoo4Coco

Cookoo4Coco

Running 2 tents 1 veg 1 flower
Getting rid of the thrips in the veg tent with preditors, but then going back and fourth from my flower tent to my veg tent and reinfestaing my veg tent with thrips been going on for 4-5 years now, they are part of the family now

OMG Thripes! Been there! They are such a pain in the ass, I used to be constantly fighting them in my mother tent. Then they would get into the flower tent. Luckily with aero they dont have anywhere to live so My routine was to Spray em off just before bud break then do my best to not open the tent till harvest 😂

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Turning my light to full bloom to help an auto flower when it was to young.

Bass.man

Bass.man

Trusting my ph pen....now I use 2 pens and always have ph test/calibrate liquid on hand. But my plants definitely didn't like water low in ph! Luckily I realized my mistake and saved the crop

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I have let my plants dry out too much for too long too many times between feedings and gave plain tap water too often. The girls get super pissed when u do that lol. Partially did this to experiment with the limits of dry soil cycle but mostly did this cuz im lazy Haha

Dan789

Dan789

Not checking the calibration on my ph probe, now after burning a few grows, I do that on a regular basis. I don’t let the probe tip dry out either, I keep the probe in a sandwich bag that closes to keep the moisture in it...
Hauling water in five gallon totes from the sink out to the grow area, now it’s one gallon buckets at a time, far easier on your back...
Running exhaust less than 24/7 when in bloom, tried cutting back, and got rewarded with PM...
Over watering seedlings...
Growing or trying to in the attic... that was crazy.
I don’t automatically decarb MJ that‘s been stored for a while...I don’t know exactly how much time it takes to oxidize, but anything over a year that I’m going to make into capsules, now I do a test, make up a few capsules to see how much bang they’ve got left before automatically baking to decarb...
Not running offset schedule for bloom (start at 6:00 PM, off at 6:00 AM) before, the lights keeps plants warmer during the nights, which otherwise would need heat, also helps with humidity build up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom