I just topped her can I scrog now?

• Thread starter TheGreek_978
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Just did my first topping of her at the 4th node. Can I scrog now or should I wait for her to expand a little more.

Ive never tried the nets so this is a new one for me. Just trying to get her to be the best plant she can be.
I just topped her can i scrog now
I just topped her can i scrog now 2
I just topped her can i scrog now 3

XxHammer

XxHammer

Wait a little bit.

I read to put your net about 12"-14" above the soil line......

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
ask yourself why you are using a ScrOG. what will it do for the plant? when you know why you use one, the details will make more sense.

growsince79

growsince79

ask yourself why you are using a ScrOG. what will it do for the plant? when you know why you use one, the details will make more sense.
Good point. Unless you need to scrog, why do it? In situations where you have tall plants in a short space you scrog because you don't want to keep tying down hundreds of branches individually. The trellis just makes it easier. If you have a short strain, there's no need for a scrog.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
looks like you topped her, started a little lst and now want to scrog... are you just trying to do everything all at once?

you might want to grab a book, something like war and peace or wuthering heights. then tell yourself you cant molest the girls till you have finished a chapter - and comprehend it!. (im sort of telling you that you need to have patience)

try doing one of those, either lst or scrog (both are ways to direct the colas where you need them). if you do the scrog, top then top again in a little while and then again - then you will have several colas and can put one in each square in the attempt to keep them level.

you have a fairly short well shaped plant there, are you sure scrog is right for your situation? or maybe you are just doing it to do it. if that is it, just slap one on and run with it. but if, as you say, you want what is best for the girl, then watch her, and do what she tells you.

keep in mind that once you put the net up watering becomes more difficult. you can no longer turn the plant. you cant get to her nearly as easily as with no net.

just reading posts here, i see a lot of people just toss up a net and not understand why it is there. it seems to be the beginning of their issues. they arent watering right because it is too difficult to get to (especially for some who suck up the runoff later!) so what i see is scrog then plant issues (usually not watering right) then frustration.

so, what is the scrog doing for your girl that can help her be her best?

jamk911

jamk911

the nets just to keep the canopy even.. quite honestly you dont need it until you flip.. thats when the branches can have minds of their own really and start getting out of control and out of sync w one another..
but its all you.. your garden your rules.. the screen also provides good branch support for when the buds grow in.. so make sure theyre spread properly and each get their own hole soo they dont crowd ..

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

figured it out (S)creen (O)f (G)reen. Its hard for me to just see acronyms there are just to many to deal with in software.
Thennnnnks!

jamk911

jamk911

lol wanna hear the worst one..
there indeed is SCReen Of Green (SCROG)
and then Sea Of Green (SOG) ..
2 totally different growing techniques.. 1 is small amt large size.. other is large amt small size lol..
those 2 sure confused me for a while though

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

lol wanna hear the worst one..
there indeed is SCReen Of Green (SCROG)
and then Sea Of Green (SOG) ..
2 totally different growing techniques.. 1 is small amt large size.. other is large amt small size lol..
those 2 sure confused me for a while though
will cross that brigde once I get a good mother.

Top Bottom