I need a good fast method to make glycerin based BHO tincture for vaporizing

• Thread starter Justin Eastling
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

Thanks. Well, sounds like glycerin is just a no-go with this. I sure hope PG isn't rough on my lungs and throat, because it looks like the success of what I want to do hinges on using PG alone.

P

pirobot668

Hi,
Just got back the test results from Analytical 360...
Glycerin tincture, hot extracted (375 F). Yeah, not a typo.
Extraction time: four minutes.
1/2 oz. starting material, 4 fl. oz. glycerin.
Equipment used: Modified Espresso machine.
Product name: "KRUPP #1"
Search the web-site, you will find it.
The test result comparison are a little confusing; the serving size is NOT based on a consistent unit!
Some serving sizes are 8 fl. oz., others 1ml, others "full dropper" or even just a cryptic '0.8 gm.'
Plus, the results are mg. per serving size....
Be sure to note which are glycerin tinks: V glycerin weighs in at 1.26 gm./ml., alcohol around 0.88 gm./ml.
The overall cannabinoid content was around 2%.
Most glycerin tinctures run half or less than that.
Best news, you can either take it orally, or vape it.
It is kind of nostalgic: four or five big tokes, and buzz-town.
BTW, according to calculations (THC content of weed vs. how much extracted) I am not done with this batch.

M

Mikeman

20$ for 1.1 ml. That is B.S. You shouldn't be charging more than 20 for 5mls. GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY!!!

P

pepito

Glycerin can be toxic at high temperature ... try with PEG (polyethilene glycol) or liquidizer, pufmajic, egreendragon .com ...

Graywolf

Graywolf

Howdy, Graywolf!
The true solubility of THC into glycerol is about 1/3 that of ethanol. Ethanol/THC can dissolve 1:1.
By theory, one should be able to dissolve about 1/3 gm. THC into a gram of glycerol.
But as the THC dissolves into glycerol, the glycerol becomes less efficient, to the point where it just won't dissolve more product, even though the theoretical max is not reached.

Mechanical agitation (shaking, vibration, homogenization) can drive more into solution, or even into suspension.

My intent is to vaporize the THC while having the plant-matter immersed in glycerol.

Glycerol boils at about 550 F, THC around 320 F, CBD about 360 F.
By passing a quantity of hot glycerin (around 350 F) through the plant matter quickly (think mutant espresso-machine), the essential bits vaporize (much finer division than your very capable homogenizer) into the oxygen-free liquid carrier, which passes directly into a cooling receptacle.
What keeps the THC in the hot liquid?
[see discussions of vapor pressure, binary liquids, interaction potentials and all that stuff. Simple terms: THC is molecularly 'sticky', even in vapor form. Glycerin is sort of sticky, as far as the THC is concerned. If things in a mixture are mutually sticky, the vapor temp will go up. THC + glycerol vaporization temp is somewhat higher than pure THC vapor temp, so the hot liquid extract does not cook-off the THC prior to cooling, under the right conditions.]

As the vapor condenses, it has naught to cling to but the glycerol and other TCH molecular clumps.
Initial extract is thick and tar-like on cooling, has to be diluted a fair amount to make it dropper friendly.
As a test, I added four droppers of diluted extract to 6 fl. oz. of cold water, shook it up to mix, and let stand for an hour.
Mixture was cloudy, no discernible droplets or oil-slick on the surface.
No sign of separation or banding of any kind, smells like buds/'vape', and tastes mostly like faintly sweet water. Still packs a punch.
BTW, I am writing THC, but am referring to all cannabinoids present.
Not saying homogenizing is bad: whatever gets the medicine where it needs must go is a good thing.
Just trying a different approach.

Good points! Those are good estimating numbers for Heaven, but I also plan on less on planet Earth due to rascally nature spirits.

Our trials at 250F were disappointing, but never considered 350F, so will give that a try. What we found at 250F, was that even after winterizing, we still had compounds that were insoluble in VG.

J

j0nnyf1v3

I know this sounds insane.. But one stretch of coding I did, I got super-stoned and started to think about other things... Namely how I can make vape juice myself and blah blah... same reason you are all here..
Well, as I was doing some compiling and bench-marking stressing out my laptop to test the error reporting associated wi....you know.. not important either... What IS, is the fact that I was working on my laptop... I started reading about vape juice production on the same machine I was benching, emulsification, agitators, heat(lots but not too much) and started quickly analyzing the common failure points.. .And one stuck out... This pesky heat thing.... Yes, if you make naked that which is spiced with nature, you can shove THC into GLY... But you loose the purity and magic that is naturally occurring, and replacing it with crap man put in some bottle...While making something to put in said proverbial bottle...
Anywho..
As I was alt-tabbing my lagged way from temp specs, to bench prog, to ejuice sites, to temp specs to bench program to ejuice sites to temp specs to bench program to temp specs to ejuice sites, to temp specs, to ejuice sites, and finally freezing on temp specs, with the fucking answer staring me directly in the face...
My test rig is a Lenovo ThinkPad W series... If anyone else is ub3r1337, then you know that the W series laptops are powerhouses with more heat than they know what to do with...
Enter TPFanControl... Installing this baby gave me the ability to adjust my fans, paired with heat created by my benchmarking program long voided of it's original use, and now just running to create for me heat.. Perfect, airy, temp controlled just perfect....
Taking a wax puck(non-stick holder), separating the top from the bottom, I put the two pieces under each of the front corners... On the back where the battery is, I placed an eyeglasses case that had been sitting on my desk WAY too long...
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you the h4x0r w4x0r 01l 0v3n, or h4xw00.. Your very own hacked vape oven utilizing perfect convection heat...
Taking a test of 60pg/40vg at .5 ml and .3 grams of shatter, I placed them in a stainless one ounce sauce dish, fired up my benchmarking software to warm my cpu/gpu(on this machine both travel same outlet port)I placed the dish UNDER my laptop with about a third of it left visible if you were to look straight down the left of the laptop with your right eye closed... I then took a soft ear-buds case laying on my desk, and A rectangular plastic bag, too on my desk(need to clean my desk) and formed a sort of "dome" to keep the heat in,also allowing cool air to mix... creating a soft, albeit noticeable to molecules, constant stirrer... I furthered the power of the vortex by adding another wind source, following basic principles of meteorology and the formation of tornadoes...

But different clouds are soon to develop ;)

I left this for about an hour stirring manually only 3 times, at the 15 marks... This gave me a milky substance I could suck up with a blunt tipped 18 guage and syringe. Taking a pyrex refillable oil cartridge w/ 1mm hole(with a metal top that screws off to give access to the filling space and the tube that goes from the coil at the bottom up to the mouthpiece)I squirted the milky substance(teeheehee-sorry...stoned)into the cavity(heheheheheh) and screwed it(ok i'm done) back on.. Last, I took the box to my YoCan Cerum that I just got in the mail(they are hard, plastic, and the size of a mini-disk or zip-disk[yea... went there....]) and used it where I used previously the earbud case/bag.. I took the glass/metal cartridge and after taking my laptop off its stilts, I stuck it right up against the fan outlet, and the box flush with the side of the laptop creating a smaller, less breathable finishing oven where the heat heats the metal and glass that also aid in the finishing of the emulsification... I think... Cauz what I am finished with is a golden honey that produces thick clouds that don't coat your tongue, don't burn, carry mad flavor(I then went on to make Lemon Kush oil(using Captin Fog's TERPSauce - totally rad btw FULL TERP PROFILES[not individual terps but ALL IN A STRAIN in one vial] and I made a cotton candy using an empty food flavoring bottle that still had the flavoring coating the inside of the bottle.. I just made juice then put it in the bottle, which was glass, which I then stuck in the h4xw00...

I am sure there is some exact science here.. Convection vortices and elmulsification via controlled heat and cooling and all that.... I just need to get it exact..
The theory is sound... The proof is in the puddi..in the oil....
and
#Icanhasoil!

What is even even even cooler is with this method, you can always add dabs to the oil if you want it stronger.. I just take a small piece, roll it like some bread dough, super thin, and then shove it in with a dab tool... Then I put it in the h4xw00 for 15-30 and we are golden, albeit now a little darker(gets darker the more ya add yo)

I should of waited until the Saturday after next to post this for extra #lulz but then no one would take it seriously.. And I am super fucking serious... This works... I registered JUST to let you all know, because this was a thread that helped some...

Last edited:
SPOCKS BEARD

SPOCKS BEARD

I know this sounds insane.. But one stretch of coding I did, I got super-stoned and started to think about other things... Namely how I can make vape juice myself and blah blah... same reason you are all here..
Well, as I was doing some compiling and bench-marking stressing out my laptop to test the error reporting associated wi....you know.. not important either... What IS, is the fact that I was working on my laptop... I started reading about vape juice production on the same machine I was benching, emulsification, agitators, heat(lots but not too much) and started quickly analyzing the common failure points.. .And one stuck out... This pesky heat thing.... Yes, if you make naked that which is spiced with nature, you can shove THC into GLY... But you loose the purity and magic that is naturally occurring, and replacing it with crap man put in some bottle...While making something to put in said proverbial bottle...
Anywho..
As I was alt-tabbing my lagged way from temp specs, to bench prog, to ejuice sites, to temp specs to bench program to ejuice sites to temp specs to bench program to temp specs to ejuice sites, to temp specs, to ejuice sites, and finally freezing on temp specs, with the fucking answer staring me directly in the face...
My test rig is a Lenovo ThinkPad W series... If anyone else is ub3r1337, then you know that the W series laptops are powerhouses with more heat than they know what to do with...
Enter TPFanControl... Installing this baby gave me the ability to adjust my fans, paired with heat created by my benchmarking program long voided of it's original use, and now just running to create for me heat.. Perfect, airy, temp controlled just perfect....
Taking a wax puck(non-stick holder), separating the top from the bottom, I put the two pieces under each of the front corners... On the back where the battery is, I placed an eyeglasses case that had been sitting on my desk WAY too long...
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you the h4x0r w4x0r 01l 0v3n, or h4xw00.. Your very own hacked vape oven utilizing perfect convection heat...
Taking a test of 60pg/40vg at .5 ml and .3 grams of shatter, I placed them in a stainless one ounce sauce dish, fired up my benchmarking software to warm my cpu/gpu(on this machine both travel same outlet port)I placed the dish UNDER my laptop with about a third of it left visible if you were to look straight down the left of the laptop with your right eye closed... I then took a soft ear-buds case laying on my desk, and A rectangular plastic bag, too on my desk(need to clean my desk) and formed a sort of "dome" to keep the heat in,also allowing cool air to mix... creating a soft, albeit noticeable to molecules, constant stirrer... I furthered the power of the vortex by adding another wind source, following basic principles of meteorology and the formation of tornadoes...

I left this for about an hour stirring manually only 3 times, at the 15 marks... This gave me a milky substance I could suck up with a blunt tipped 18 guage and syringe. Taking a pyrex refillable oil cartridge w/ 1mm hole(with a metal top that screws off to give access to the filling space and the tube that goes from the coil at the bottom up to the mouthpiece)I squirted the milky substance(teeheehee-sorry...stoned)into the cavity(heheheheheh) and screwed it(ok i'm done) back on.. Last, I took the box to my YoCan Cerum that I just got in the mail(they are hard, plastic, and the size of a mini-disk or zip-disk[yea... went there....]) and used it where I used previously the earbud case/bag.. I took the glass/metal cartridge and after taking my laptop off its stilts, I stuck it right up against the fan outlet, and the box flush with the side of the laptop creating a smaller, less breathable finishing oven where the heat heats the metal and glass that also aid in the finishing of the emulsification... I think... Cauz what I am finished with is a golden honey that produces thick clouds that don't coat your tongue, don't burn, carry mad flavor(I then went on to make Lemon Kush oil(using Captin Fog's TERPSauce - totally rad btw FULL TERP PROFILES[not individual terps but ALL IN A STRAIN in one vial] and I made a cotton candy using an empty food flavoring bottle that still had the flavoring coating the inside of the bottle.. I just made juice then put it in the bottle, which was glass, which I then stuck in the h4xw00...

I am sure there is some exact science here.. Convection vortices and elmulsification via controlled heat and cooling and all that.... I just need to get it exact..
and
#Icanhasoil!

What is even even even cooler is with this method, you can always add dabs to the oil if you want it stronger.. I just take a small piece, roll it like some bread dough, super thin, and then shove it in with a dab tool... Then I put it in the h4xw00 for 15-30 and we are golden, albeit now a little darker(gets darker the more ya add yo)

I should of waited until the Saturday after next to post this for extra #lulz but then no one would take it seriously.. And I am super fucking serious... This works... I registered JUST to let you all know, because this was a thread that helped some...

Brilliant, I have a MicroStar GP72 Leopard Pro 6QF (ROG gaming laptop) which i dont use for games often, mostly i use it to ADB to phones and root them, and repair other peoples Happy Crappy. You sound like you could be related to me, you remind. Me of the 0h $0 1337 days of xIRC clients on RedHat Linux distros, EFNet.org, Chatnet. Org. /me laughs.

I need to try your method, because its perfect for me, and my laptop generates considerable heat, and my fans are adjustable. I can probably find a 3rd party program to have exact control. I dig it

F

foothilla

Anywho..

and
#Icanhasoil!

I know this is two years old,...but I just read this,......and holy crap! This makes me never want to smoke weed again!

Top Bottom