I need a high quality camera.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I'm in need of a high quality Digital camera to take close ups of weed in the grow room so I will need a camera that takes the yellow out and still deliver high quality pics.

I will need it for close ups on just trimmed weed and dried out.

It also has to be somewhat simple to operate.

Around $1000

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Lighting and understanding it is probally more important then which camera you get imo. No camera will take the yellow out without post processing and the more you post process the quality goes down.
At a $1000 you can find something halfway decent.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I don't know if any camera or any amount of post processing will completely compensate for straight up HPS lighting. In terms of a quality, a couple of things will get you way down the road - being able to shoot in RAW and having a full frame sensor. I haven't priced cameras in a good while, but you may be hard pressed to get a body and lens(s), with a full frame sensor, for $1,000. I'd concentrate on being able to shoot RAW. Post processing in RAW compared to jpeg, will give you a greatly expanded range of correction - in both exposure and color correction. The easiest and least expensive way to handle the white balance though, to second @Trustfall, is shoot with a good balanced light source.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I don't know if any camera or any amount of post processing will completely compensate for straight up HPS lighting. In terms of a quality, a couple of things will get you way down the road - being able to shoot in RAW and having a full frame sensor. I haven't priced cameras in a good while, but you may be hard pressed to get a body and lens(s), with a full frame sensor, for $1,000. I'd concentrate on being able to shoot RAW. Post processing in RAW compared to jpeg, will give you a greatly expanded range of correction - in both exposure and color correction. The easiest and least expensive way to handle the white balance though, to second @Trustfall, is shoot with a good balanced light source.

Your rightthe yellow needs to be offset with flash or go lights out and get a few photography lights and stands unless he can afford multiple off camera flashes.
Regardless it’s going to get expensive.

Mainephoto

Mainephoto

You can buy filters that remove the yellow cast of HPS lights, easy solution. I use a ton of gear, but do know some growers using this Camera and getting pretty nice macro results. Not perfect but damn good for ~$500

Dan789

Dan789

What settings you use for white balance will have a great impact on the lighting portrayed in your shots. Get a camera that has settings within the white balance field that can compensate for a great deal of the orange light tint of hps. Then flash is the next best way to go. A camera that has a rear articulated screen really helps me get close, then with auto lens focus, very easy... Not sure that’s all accomplishable unless shopping the used market, where most upper tier cameras will work after you learn the in/outs of that particular camera. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom