I need a little advice making Bubble hash.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I have 3 runs to make and I was wondering if I should use the same water for all 3 runs or if I should use new water for each cycle?

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

i dont think it really makes much of a difference, you should be rinsing the hash on the screens with clean water in a sprayer to clean it up anyway,

707finisher

707finisher

I made some last weekend, my first time, I have no experience other than one small batch. my mind is filled with ideas on how to process it different, more quality end product, any tricks? I have an idea if anyone’s interested lol

chemistry

chemistry

To me, you only have to remember one thing, your not mashing the leaves, your knocking off the trykes. So the last thing you need is soggy green water, so I get it done as fast as I can, before the leaves go soggy.

707finisher

707finisher

The trichomes are in the white froth that forms right? Since they are technically oil? Sort of separating a little? Just curious what you all think

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

The trichomes are in the white froth that forms right? Since they are technically oil? Sort of separating a little? Just curious what you all think
there can be trichomes suspended in the foam, again, sprayer is your best friend when making bubble hash.

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

Change the water each run, or your hash will taste like shit.
curious as to why it would taste like shit, if you are rinsing it with clean water after it is extracted? wouldnt that just clean anything that might give a bad taste off?

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

To me, you only have to remember one thing, your not mashing the leaves, your knocking off the trykes. So the last thing you need is soggy green water, so I get it done as fast as I can, before the leaves go soggy.
i mean maybe if you are going for the cream of the cream. you will lose yeild if you just do a quick run, i let me stuff run for at least an hour it gets all soggy and gross but thats why you have different size screens to seperate everything and clean water to rinse, i dont see how you could possibly come out with anything that isnt half decent. of course first and second run you will get most of the trichomes off but you might as well finish washing it to get the rest even if it will be slighly lower quality or require more work to clean.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ran 3 runs through the same water thanksgiving day each one 1/2 hr at a time. I just kept adding ice and water as needed for the proper consistency to produce ice crystals in the bubble bag with the trim. Turned out awesome.

Last edited:
juggernaut

juggernaut

I had the bubble now mixer. It's out in the shed. I found better results using a cake mixer with just 1 prong or attachment in only. I freeze weed for 3 days. I've been doing it since day 1 invention of bubble man, bubble bags. Love them. I can't keep up so I end up pressing some, mostly for show or to give to friends. It's almost addicting( the whole process). The best extractions u can do before working with solvents.

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

This was my first year growing part of my outdoor crop for fresh frozen and I couldn't be happier with the end product from using whole flowers. I only used the water for one rinse but will try reusing water for couple washes next time hearing other guys do that on here. Bubble bags are worth the money

IMG 0667
IMG 0677 2
FourthCity

FourthCity

For anyone with any questions on making bubble hash I can't recommend watching Frenchy Cannoli's videos on youtube enough. Not only does he do a good job of explaining the correct methods but he discusses the most commonly made mistakes and why they will hurt the final product.

Dbear180

Dbear180

For anyone with any questions on making bubble hash I can't recommend watching Frenchy Cannoli's videos on youtube enough. Not only does he do a good job of explaining the correct methods but he discusses the most commonly made mistakes and why they will hurt the final product.

Lol! I was reading thru all of this thinking the exact same thing, you beat me to it! Frenchy's vids have so much good info to offer. I just ordered the bags he uses, they should be here next week.

Dbear180

Dbear180

This was my first year growing part of my outdoor crop for fresh frozen and I couldn't be happier with the end product from using whole flowers. I only used the water for one rinse but will try reusing water for couple washes next time hearing other guys do that on here. Bubble bags are worth the money

How did you dry that?

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

How did you dry that?
I alwags leave air dry slowly I'm not in a rush no fear of mold push them down relatively flat 1/8" sealed card board box leave for couple weeks, jar and store in fridge

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I mix in one bucket, and my bags are in a second bucket with holes drilled in the bottom. I never reuse water, had heard somewhere, sometime that water soluble ingredients would accumulate after each rinse, potentially coloring and tainting the flavor.
Pump sprayer with the coldest water, rinse down the walls of each bag and use it to rake all the heads into a nice little pile.
I lay my pressing screens on a sham wow, and scoop onto the screen, fold, and lightly press. That wicks out of ton of moisture.
Dry as quick and as cold as possible. I like a dry humidor in the refrigerator, with dessicant packs.

chemistry

chemistry

curious as to why it would taste like shit, if you are rinsing it with clean water after it is extracted? wouldnt that just clean anything that might give a bad taste off?

Try it, your hash will taste of the water you knock it off in if you work it to long.

Top Bottom