I need a new high volume trimmer $4,000 to $15,000

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowingINheaven

GrowingINheaven

I have owned them both. Greenbroz all day. Snag that one off Craigslist . It does I better job then 95% of trimmers and it does it on 5-10 mins. I run 3 lb in 15 mi
@threepointfarms I have some videos up. Doesn't fuck with your nugs at all !

oxanaca

oxanaca

Anyone out there have experience using a twister t4 with the dry tumbler, it has 3/16 inch slots instead of 1/4 inch slots.?

Honestly i hate my t4. I wish i could sell it but i just dont know anyone local to sell it to.

I think im going to take a piece of stainless and roll a same size tube as my wet tumbler, weld it together, grind the weld flat, and cut some 3/16 slots with my plasma cutter. Fuckers want to charge $700+ for the tumbler, glad i have a metal shop

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Anyone out there have experience using a twister t4 with the dry tumbler, it has 3/16 inch slots instead of 1/4 inch slots.?

Honestly i hate my t4. I wish i could sell it but i just dont know anyone local to sell it to.

I think im going to take a piece of stainless and roll a same size tube as my wet tumbler, weld it together, grind the weld flat, and cut some 3/16 slots with my plasma cutter. Fuckers want to charge $700+ for the tumbler, glad i have a metal shop
If you got a metal shop I'm sure you've heard of them but check mcnichols they probly got what your after for material

T

Tylrr420

Sorry to rain on your parade @oxanaca but what u are trying to fab up is way harder said than done. Sure it wouldn't be that hard to get the piece of stainless, water jet out the slots then weld er up. Problem is it won't spin straight guaranteed. The weld will totally warp the shit out of the material unless u have the perfect die to wrap it around and laser weld it. I know this because my t4 barrel snapped mid trim on the weld seem and i had to tig weld it back together. ( it snapped just at one intersection , not the whole way down.) just from one little glob of tig weld no bigger than .125 the whole barrel Spun way out of whack. I am an aerospace engineer and this tool and die shit is more natural to me than growing. Is the 700 dollar tumbler tube over priced? Fuck yes. But it also isn't easy to fab.

T

Tylrr420

Lmao! Sorry bro but at least I saved u from trying! Not being a no-it-all what so ever either man that shit right there would be almost near impossible with out the die
And a badass tig welder.

T

Tylrr420

I am honestly so happy with my greenbroz tho. No more massacred trim. For the first
Time in a year I can finally run bho with my trim and it doesn't come out black like the twister. That machine is just so abusive.
If I had a 200 lb clean up tho and I didn't have space to hang dry it all I would prolly use the twister tho. That's about it. Green broz ftw.

JakeCake27

JakeCake27

Newest trimmer available would be the Top Shelf Trimmer. (I'm partial because I created it) I'm looking for people who can help me take this to market outside of Colorado and would be willing to give some extremely low prices for the first few units. topshelftrimmers.com I built it to run on a powerful microcomputer so all the future units will be expandable and able to be linked up to web based systems to provide you with custom tailored metrics and analytics for your grows. I am also looking to expand my team if you guys would be interested to launch this product outside of Colorado in legal states. I've been a lurker on this site for years but only recently created this account. Any input on your experience with trimmers I'm interested in. Cheers!

stonestacker

stonestacker

Newest trimmer available would be the Top Shelf Trimmer. (I'm partial because I created it) I'm looking for people who can help me take this to market outside of Colorado and would be willing to give some extremely low prices for the first few units. topshelftrimmers.com I built it to run on a powerful microcomputer so all the future units will be expandable and able to be linked up to web based systems to provide you with custom tailored metrics and analytics for your grows. I am also looking to expand my team if you guys would be interested to launch this product outside of Colorado in legal states. I've been a lurker on this site for years but only recently created this account. Any input on your experience with trimmers I'm interested in. Cheers!
Need more info. $ looks small A video would be nice.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

what microcomputer did you use? raspberry pi?

JakeCake27

JakeCake27

Need more info. $ looks small A video would be nice.
Working on a Video this week, it can be transported in a rolling duffel bag (even with our vacuum unit) and while it is compact, it is still quite large, more compact than the t4 with more volume.

JakeCake27

JakeCake27

what microcomputer did you use? raspberry pi?
We actually prototyped with the Arduino but now we use a micro computer from an OEM supplier- I can't remember the name. It loads the touchscreen and controls the variable speed controller with ease (the only WET & DRY trimmer with a variable speed controller) And the price on the website is just a place holder on the very high side. PM me if you are interested and I could tell you more about it.

palm eezy

palm eezy

What is "bucking" ? I'm guessing that's the step where the fan leaves are ripped off?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Or, is he referring to bucking down, when you're breaking the plant down so that you can put buds into the trimmer? That's what I mean when I say "bucking." Like the way you buck down a tree for wood to burn.

JakeCake27

JakeCake27

Sorry to rain on your parade @oxanaca but what u are trying to fab up is way harder said than done. Sure it wouldn't be that hard to get the piece of stainless, water jet out the slots then weld er up. Problem is it won't spin straight guaranteed. The weld will totally warp the shit out of the material unless u have the perfect die to wrap it around and laser weld it. I know this because my t4 barrel snapped mid trim on the weld seem and i had to tig weld it back together. ( it snapped just at one intersection , not the whole way down.) just from one little glob of tig weld no bigger than .125 the whole barrel Spun way out of whack. I am an aerospace engineer and this tool and die shit is more natural to me than growing. Is the 700 dollar tumbler tube over priced? Fuck yes. But it also isn't easy to fab.
Interesting perspective but I will tell you that not all tumble drums are created equal. I manufacture my own and I will tell you there is no cutting and then welding a rolled piece of steel (with the exception of those crap centurions and trimminators- sorry for the brutal honesty- they are never perfectly round and the cutting action is sacrifced) The twisters start with extruded aluminum drums, which is why they are expensive as all hell and the metal is too soft for long lasting precision. I use special ordered 316 grade stainless steel on my creation and there is no welding whatsoever. I won't say who I use or how I worked with a few engineers to develop the process yet (patented and don't know what I can say) but my homemade machines perforated and slotted drum is seamless and PERFECTLY round.

oxanaca

oxanaca

holy shit so ive been dreaming about this, a desteming machine. it cuts the buds off the branches.

has anyone seen one in action? i wish there was more info on the web or at least a video to show it in action.

cannagin-215-1.jpg

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...es-two-new-harvesting-products-300208357.html

oxanaca

oxanaca

also can any owners of the greenbros 215 trimmer help me out?
im wondering
what the diameter of the cutting disk is?
how thick is the steel on the disk?
and how many rpms does the machine rotate at? i know the motor is 1/30 horse power

i just got access to a laser cutter, so theres no way im paying 5k+. i just want to build one for my self.

H

Happy camper

Latest posts

Top Bottom