i need ac help!

• Thread starter gamehendge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gamehendge

so to cool my room im gonna need at least 7 tons of AC. i want to order the excel air 5ton but its just not big enough. only issue is i really dont want a HVAC guy around my spot. what do you guys suggest? i really dont want 2 seperate huge ac/s but i guess i could supplement the 5ton with some minisplit/s. just starts getting into more power.
i have 150amps available for my 240 and another 50 amp avail for 120 stuff.
ended up going with the 3/4 hp chiller
i am running 18 lights, the four corners i may use 600s instead of 1000s but i know it wont really cut down on the heat, just gives me a little more headroom on power
(running co2 sealed room)
the room is 4000cu ft and vertical lighting no hoods
so at 18 lights close to 90 amps leaves me about 60 for ac/s chiller

just looking for some input -
thanks!

G

gamehendge

also have a control room about 2600cu ft
and a seperate room that my ballasts live in ( 12 are magnetic)

N

noone88

giving room dimensions in cubic feet is not very useful.

Run 2 rooms, 15k watts each, 5 ton excel air with motorized dampener. 1 ton portable or window-ac unit mounted in the wall during night cycle to maintain temps.

G

gamehendge

18 x 22 grow room
control room a tad smaller
i dont have the option of building a second flowering room until next run really

N

noone88

You don't build the second room now. You design your room based off of 15k watt/5ton ac instead of figuring out how to get 7 tons of cooling.

waayne

waayne

Unless you live in a really cool climate you will probably need
more cooling.
It takes about 95000 BTU to cool my 18000 watt flower room.

J

Jalisco Kid

If you have the money I would go with multi zone split units with the inverter tech. JK

600gph

600gph

As long as the room is very well sealed you can run 14-15k per 5 ton...
Austin claims 15k per 5 ton but I cant get my temps below 80 with all those lights on in a sealed container...On the other hand jackmayoffer uses 10ton for 30k and gets his temps down to 72 if needed..Different room different conditions I guess...

I like the 5000btu for every 1k conversion here in so-cal..

With 18 lights i would buy the 5ton and the 2 or 3ton versions...

If you have the room they have 7 ton package a/c units no hvac needed...I just dont know how sealed they are...

The plus is the smaller a/c will work hard with the lights off and you will get more dehumidification..

mc

G

gamehendge

thanks for you guys input. prob will just end up doing 15k/14 buckets in that room and getting the excel 5 ton. my buddy has the 2 ton with the damper package that he is not using at all. is there a way to use the damper package he has on the 2T for my 5T when i build my second room? or is the damper package specific to each model?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

thanks for you guys input. prob will just end up doing 15k/14 buckets in that room and getting the excel 5 ton. my buddy has the 2 ton with the damper package that he is not using at all. is there a way to use the damper package he has on the 2T for my 5T when i build my second room? or is the damper package specific to each model?

Dampers will be specific to unit size.

N

noone88

As long as the room is very well sealed you can run 14-15k per 5 ton...
Austin claims 15k per 5 ton but I cant get my temps below 80 with all those lights on in a sealed container...On the other hand jackmayoffer uses 10ton for 30k and gets his temps down to 72 if needed..Different room different conditions I guess...

I like the 5000btu for every 1k conversion here in so-cal..

With 18 lights i would buy the 5ton and the 2 or 3ton versions...

If you have the room they have 7 ton package a/c units no hvac needed...I just dont know how sealed they are...

The plus is the smaller a/c will work hard with the lights off and you will get more dehumidification..

mc

MC: any pictures of the container?

I've always noticed a huge difference in cooling when I was using the building's concrete flooring versus carpet, or in your case, the container floor.

600gph

600gph

Almost finished with the first round of the container....I will get some sort of a grow log with pics going for my next round..

I kinda got scolded for posting pics and info....

mc

L

Lost

Almost finished with the first round of the container....I will get some sort of a grow log with pics going for my next round..

I kinda got scolded for posting pics and info....

mc

Only do what you have prepared for.. In other words, don't feel you need to post pics if it is beyond your security threshold.. :)

B

bakershredhead

I don't think the damper are unit specific. As long as your air handler plenum holes are the same size as the dampers than it will work. Also don't buy any of Excel aftermarket products. Dampers, uv bulb etc. You can get everything they sell online from an Hvac site for way cheaper. I think they charge something like 2000 for the damper kit. I believe you can piece it together yourself for around 500 -700.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I don't think the damper are unit specific. As long as your air handler plenum holes are the same size as the dampers than it will work. Also don't buy any of Excel aftermarket products. Dampers, uv bulb etc. You can get everything they sell online from an Hvac site for way cheaper. I think they charge something like 2000 for the damper kit. I believe you can piece it together yourself for around 500 -700.

I am not familiar with this equipment but I do HVAC for 16 yrs. The reason I think they maybe specific is the 5 ton moves more then twice the air. But what u say about holes in plenum is 100% correct. If holes are not cut at factory then I would contact Excel to see if dampers are unit specific. If u don't you may freeze up unit cause ur not moving enough air. Just my 2 cents. Would like to know what u find out.:rollj:

B

Buddy Hemphill

I run a 4 ton Rheem to cool 12k. Excel isn't the only option for sure. I saved a ton and it works fine. And I live in hotter than hellville,CA. Maybe I should have read and researched more but I couldn't see the extra money in the excel. Still don't.
I found a cool A/C guy. The show was down when he hooked it up though. I have friends with smaller minis and they swear the ebay ones. One guy has three sitting outside in a line...its hilarious but it works great for his flip and moms.

S

socalsinner

If you have the money I would go with multi zone split units with the inverter tech. JK

Bro Listen to Jalisco.. This cat know what hes talking about. Get the mini split .. I like Mitsubishi Mini Split dual zone inverter and split your room in half. Run 12 and 12 day and night. Maybe a small portable ac for the room that is off just to keep the temps right. Peace

C

canaguy27

Run 12 and 12 day and night. Maybe a small portable ac for the room that is off just to keep the temps right. Peace

2 rooms = better

Don't have to harvest at once.
One AC
If there is a problem, not everything goes down.
etc
etc

600gph

600gph

I run a 4 ton Rheem to cool 12k. Excel isn't the only option for sure. I saved a ton and it works fine. And I live in hotter than hellville,CA. Maybe I should have read and researched more but I couldn't see the extra money in the excel. Still don't.
I found a cool A/C guy. The show was down when he hooked it up though. I have friends with smaller minis and they swear the ebay ones. One guy has three sitting outside in a line...its hilarious but it works great for his flip and moms.

Well Buddy you need to compare apples to apples the reason you purchase the excel is so that you dont need the hvac guy...That is why I pay the extra $$$$$...

And of course if you dont care about the hvac guy there are alot of cheaper probably more energy efficient units..

mc

Top Bottom