I need advice on dying seedlings

• Thread starter mdmazing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mdmazing

mdmazing

Hello

Any idea what is this might be?
The plant is 2/3 days old. It outside by the shade by day and inside my room by night.

What can I do to keep this from happening?

Last year i had my worst year. It was the year i bought more seeds and material, and most of my plants died. Most of them died from the stem, like this. I cannot loose another year, i dont want to spend more money on shitty hash...

Any help extremely appreciated! Thanks

I need advice on dying seedlings
I need advice on dying seedlings 2

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

your damping off,when you water water around the edge of pot till it gets bigger,keep in mind also it is a baby and roots are shallow right now,so dont take much water,you are for sure overwatering them friend.
when the plant puts on true leaves then you can feed as you always do,for now just water around the edge or at the least 3in circle around the plant

mdmazing

mdmazing

your damping off,when you water water around the edge of pot till it gets bigger,keep in mind also it is a baby and roots are shallow right now,so dont take much water,you are for sure overwatering them friend.
when the plant puts on true leaves then you can feed as you always do,for now just water around the edge or at the least 3in circle around the plant
Thank you, i will make sure to give less water. Glad i have more seeds, this are freebies.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you, i will make sure to give less water. Glad i have more seeds, this are freebies.
just a tip imagine the root zone of size of plant,baby like yours probally about 2in of roots,a plant standing about 6 in would have 6in root zone,just as a tree,how ever much is standing above the ground ,would be just as much under ground,pine tree is 1 1/2 that size of tree because it has a tap root,once you get your first set of leaves start tilting your pots instead of lifting them,tilt a pot of same size towards you with dry media,then water it threw out,notice the weight difrence,i say water it all the way threw for the reason that you will be able to judge exactlly how much and when they need feed,you want the roots to cover every thing in the pot,but starts from bottom,when your baby hits the bottom of pot it gonna take off growing,until it reaches the bottom you will think some thing is wrong,dont be fooled it get there,then when you uppot same thing plant will slow until the roots hit the bottom

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

I have had this happen to my seedlings before. I have found that if I pull back the soil from around the stem area, it allows the stem room to breathe. Keep that soil particularly loose, airy and dry during the seedling stage. If you caught it in time, the stem might be able to pull through it and will fix itself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom