I need anwers ro why my plants are leaning

• Thread starter Crimsontide333
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crimsontide333

Crimsontide333

I fed my plants as usual. A couple have had accelerated growth. Anyways I left for a couple of hours , and it rained while I was gone. A couple of my plants where severely leaning. One is only a month old and stands 35 inches tall the other is almost 2 months old and stand 59 inches tall. What is the reasons for them leaning? Is it they grew faster than the roots and the extra weight made them top heavy? Just looking for basic ideas of what's going on. I already put rods in the pots and tied them up like tomato plants. The stalks are mostly stiff and strait, just severely leaning

PsillyRabbitOG

PsillyRabbitOG

Plants lean toward light. Plants with weak structure fall over. Try using an oscillating fan in your seedling stage next time. Calcium and silica are crucial additions for sturdy plants.

Crimsontide333

Crimsontide333

I fed my plants as usual. A couple have had accelerated growth. Anyways I left for a couple of hours , and it rained while I was gone. A couple of my plants where severely leaning. One is only a month old and stands 35 inches tall the other is almost 2 months old and stand 59 inches tall. What is the reasons for them leaning? Is it they grew faster than the roots and the extra weight made them top heavy? Just looking for basic ideas of what's going on. I already put rods in the pots and tied them up like tomato plants. The stalks are mostly stiff and strait, just severely leaning

20220703 113314
20220703 113333
Crimsontide333

Crimsontide333

The one in the white pot is a 59" granddaddy purple. The one in the 35 gl terracotta pot is a 35" blue haze

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

FYI…for your next grow I highly recommend topping them after 3rd set of true leaves. Topping serves multiple purposes: it doubles your grow tips (or quadruples if topped twice), it slows vertical growth, and it stiffens your main stem to support the extra stems from topping. You’ll always need extra support posts in mid-late growth so keep those handy for when plants get big and top heavy. Good luck.

Crimsontide333

Crimsontide333

FYI…for your next grow I highly recommend topping them after 3rd set of true leaves. Topping serves multiple purposes: it doubles your grow tips (or quadruples if topped twice), it slows vertical growth, and it stiffens your main stem to support the extra stems from topping. You’ll always need extra support posts in mid-late growth so keep those handy for when plants get big and top heavy. Good luck.
I have toped 3 of the 8 I have, this one was one that didn't get topped, due to comparisons. This is my second year growing and I'm experimenting with techniques to see the differences.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah.rain will do that..specially if they arnt all that strong..they appear to b in a sheltered area so they lack abit of wind to help strengthen them up..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I put a couple in a semi shady area just to experiment and they Tend to grow up instead of out. The ones in the full sun all day Are a little shorter but much Bushier.I would think topping might help with that.

Crimsontide333

Crimsontide333

I'll have to move that one out a little, but for the most part they get plenty of su and it's a little sheltered from view but wide open here's a picture of all my plants and the area. This picture is about a week old
20220702 155333
20220624 1412002

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yep. Looks like shade is not the problem. Just exploring all avenues. Look good. Sometimes you just have to steak them up to be on the safe side. Good job.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I wish I could leave mine out like that. Without the welded wire cages. But the deer would tear them a new asshole! Lol

Crimsontide333

Crimsontide333

Yep. Looks like shade is not the problem. Just exploring all avenues. Look good. Sometimes you just have to steak them up to be on the safe side. Good job.
Ty I appreciate evey bit of advice and any compliments. This is my second year growing

Top Bottom