I Need Cheap Greenhouse Materials

• Thread starter SpOnGe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SpOnGe

Hello Anybody,

Just wondering if you guys can tell me where i can buy cheap materials for a homemade greenhouse. Home depot or the like doesnt have this kinda stuff.
I need that polyethylene stuff for the sides (walls) and a mosquito netting type thing for the top. Trying to make it 15'L x 15'W x 10'H.

Thanks in advance! Really appreciate it!

P

primeform

im sure home depot has what your looking for. 6 mil construction poly

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

hit up Farmtek bro! You can get a nice greenhouse for under 2k. much easier too.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
PVC and 6mil poly all the way if ya want a cheap effective greenhouse. It will last a year or more if nature doesn't decide differently. All materials needed are available at most hardware stores. There are a ton of plans for free around if you run a search.

FJ

beckteck

beckteck

I hit OSH here in Cali for .6 mil plastic. Rented a hole digger and put up 9 posts(this was the toughest part in our hardpan) to build a 15' X 15' with 2X4 framing brace on top I then took the plastic and attached 8' 1X1 in the middle of the 30' lengths of plastic (giving 2 30' lengths of plastic) and screwed in the 1X1's into the center of the A-frame. This allowed me to rollup (and bunjee) the plastic to breathe and drop when weather got rough. The only major problem was pockets of water building up, which didn't cause a problem due to the luck of their placement. This season I'm improving by running chicken or deer fence across the top to prevent sagging. I live above the snowline in Northern California and had no issues (thanks to the numerous fans) last season. Depending on the amount of wind and rain I would recommend focus on the roof strength to keep it taught (while allowing light) with good fans to prevent any stale mold spots. This is pretty ambitious but necessary for quality where I am. All in all it was more work than cost which is why I replied. Happy Farming!

Top Bottom