I Need General Help - Regarding Feeding Scheduales & More - Thank You In Advance !!!

• Thread starter MichaelD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MichaelD

hello I'm a young entrepreneur who recently traveled to California and who feel in love with the Marijuana culture. I personally lost my parents and to see that not only in that state but many more are moving to use this plant's full potiencial makes me excited.

I would like to know how to mix nutrients and when to feed my plants if I am going for a mostly indica strain. I dont quite understand the difference between watering and feeding / flushing ?
I also want to know how many plants could I fit under 2 - 1000w lights or actually what I to have /do to produce 20 happy indica plants. thank you I know I am asking very alot of general questions but I am sure with a little guidence that all my questions can be quickly answered through this thread !

Sincerely , thank you in advance !
I look forward to the chat !!

W

wooitzme

Welcome to the farm. Honestly, I don't think anyone will guide you thru the whole process on here. It takes time to teach someone from square one. You have to just take the time and read through the forum or pay someone to consult you. You should know as an entrepreneur, that nothing comes easily or free. Asking simple questions with problems or simple general questions, we would gladly help. Just some input. There are pages and pages of great material here from godly growers, and there's also youtube. I'd recommend reading thru journals of grows. I myself have read work from some of the greatest, and they are all here on the forum. Not trying to be rude or anything just an fyi.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Indeed, you're asking to be taken by the hand and walked through the entire process, which is difficult in the first place, but even moreso from distance.

As far as terminology, it's pretty self-explanatory. Watering is just water only. All soluble fertilizers, most all fertilizers, are mixed into the water, then fed to the plants. Flushing is a huge debate, HUGE.

Feeding is so highly strain dependent that it's actually better to ask how to feed a given strain rather than Indica vs Sativa vs Ruderalis. That said, my experience tells me that Sativas tend to be very light feeders. And that said, my experience tells me that one should never start at the recommended dosing rates with fertilizers, it's best to start at 1/8th the recommended dose, then work your way up from there if necessary. I'll give you an example.

Coco coir run some years ago, a strain called Cali Blue (Cali O x DJ Short Blueberry), a Chem '91 cut, and a NYSD (New York Sour Diesel) cross that was called Shut The Fuck Up. So I'm running three kind of or rather different strains, but all I think folks would agree were generally Sativa dominant.

My feeding schedule dictated, in part, 5mls of FloraNova Bloom. They *all* got burned going at that rate. So I cut it down to 4mls, all burned. Down to 3mls and the Chem '91 and NYSDx responded beautifully, the Cali Blue was screaming, "Cut down on those ferts, bitch!" Took *her* down to 2mls per gallon and that was the sweet spot.

So, you feelin' me and wooitzme on how difficult it is to do what you're asking? Get on the GrowFAQs, logic has put an incredible amount of information in there, fairly well organized, too. Then, search the site, read the stickies. If you find you can't search, especially using terms that are three characters or less, go to Google and use the terms then add "@thcfarmer.com" and the first hits you'll get will lead to threads here.

:)

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Look up "ready set grow" on youtube and "jorge cervantez ultimate grow dvd 1" its where i started some years ago and i suggest it to beginners. You have to take things with a grain of salt cause there have been serious advances since so not ALL the technical info is 100% but youll more than learn the basics. Also the FAQ section on here is really resourceful. LOTS of great info in there for beginners or for seasoned growers. Good luck. Have fun! Good grow vibes

M

MichaelD

Hey thanks alot I was expecting an answer like that thank you so much.

So Now I am going to try and narrow down my question because I wasnt expecting such a fast response !!!

I was thinking of using this nutrient inventory : Advanced nutrients Sensi line = Sensi grow 2 part (3.7-0-0) + (2.5-2.2-5.7) - Sensi bloom 2 part (4.3-0-3.1) + (1.5-6.1-5.7) - Sensizyme - Bud blood (0-39-25)- Carboload - Voodoo juice - Overdrive (1-5-4) - B-52 (2-1-4) - Final phase

Also COCO or SOIL ?

the provider of the info on top said to follow the regular feeding scheduale that was indicated on the bottle and to
feed flush feed
Do I need to feed once everyday and if so that means I feed one day then flush the next and then feed again or ?

Can 20 plants in total fit happily in a 10x10 room or do I need something bigger for a indica dominant strain ?

I was thinking

In a 10x10 or 20x20 room split in 2
with 4 - 1000 kw lights 2 in each subdivision
for 3-4 month cycle
indica

how does this sound ?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Only flush before flowering, the last weeks before harvest, and if you net nute burn. As long as you water with 10% runoff and dont over fertilize there is no reason to flush except befor harvest. Coco is cheaper than dirt and you dont have to worry about overwatering so much.
Feed once a week, if it needs water more than once a week give it plain water until next week.
100 plants would fit in that room if they were small enough, the plant will be about twice as big when it is ready to harvest as it is when you start flowering. The plant will also be bigger if you use a bigger pot so 20 plants would fit fine in an10x10 room if you didnt let them get to big before flowering them.

tomiland

tomiland

From my outdoor gardener POV, when it came to my 1rst grow last month, I just decided to go soil VS hydro. There's more guess room in soil, and if prepared well with good nutrients all you need to worry is watering, and re-potting from 1 gals to X gals when time comes.
I plan to add drip soon, as I have my veggies growing on timed drip+raised beds outside, and it's ridiculously easy.
You could do a subcool-style mix, let it sit a little, then I add compost tea once in a while although according to the man himself it's already all there in the soil!
Again, I'm an Indoor noob, so that's my outdoor experience talking. ;)
I did build a hydroponic tower a while back for salads, but I did not like playing with liquid nutrients and other PH issues!
Oh, and geopots are awesome BTW
WW 006

Oh oh, I only use organic ingredients, not sure it will be as big a harvest as synthetic, but I value my health more ;)

WW 001
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The only thing I can add to the posts above is that if you decide to go with coir, learn as much about it as you can. It cannot be treated 'just like soil' as I was told many moons ago. It is its own beast.

Number one thing to remember if growing in coir is calcium, calcium, calcium. Super important to get it laid down from the beginning.

Soil will be much more forgiving of newbie mistakes, but things don't happen as quickly. I advise starting with soil for its forgiveness, then moving towards other media.

Latest posts

Top Bottom