I need help and would love to be taunt an learn from anyone.

• Thread starter Thegrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's the opposite of what everyone seems to say. Does Fox Farms print anything on the bag saying the nutrient content? An NPK value? (I've looked on Google Images at Fox Farm bags, and I don't see anything.).

They do not. Sold as a natural growing medium. Their premium mix. And ocean forest feeds a couple weeks longer than happy frog in my experience. Happy frog is their lower quality budget mix.

Both are too dense and water holding without 25% large perlite added in my opinion.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Having used both mediums, and growing autoflowers only due to circumstances, I had some trouble with happy frog burning my plants, I told my hydro guy and he told me ffoc is a lighter cooler mix, once i switched no more burns with light feeding , all my autoflowers luv it, just started useing smart pots, have red dwar and sweet gelato both doing fine as usual, just chopped dark devel and an unknown auto

20190802 195018
20190812 065011
S

Stkyfingaz

I'm very interested and I do a lot of research in growing I feel I know a lot then I forgot stuff and I put a lot on myself I still haven't fully learned. But Iv used espoma organic indoor houseplant food just for shits but it is in fox farm soil and I haven't used those nutritions for a long while multiple waterings. There are holes in leaves also I need help but I'd also like to know how she looked an if anyone notices anything else or to help me with anything she is 27 days old pretty much 28. I'm using 600w led grow light with veg and flower switch both on.
At least ur using decent soil. Personally i would check out Mykos its amazing stuff and will form a relationship with ur roots and all u have to do is just water and it will use the nutrients rite from the soil already has. And they have a few more products that can help but at first i just used the Mykos the shit was AMAZING and it made growing alot more fun. There Azos is awesome stuff to its beneficial bacteria great source of nitrogen. I promise this will get u to harvest at least it stepped my game tremendously. I like using happy frog soil to has alot of goodies in it. Hope it helps

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

My hydro guy gives great advice as he wants repeat buissnes, he carries happy frog, ocean forest, pro mix, and black gold, + coca or canna or whatever its called, beacuse I grow autoflowers my needs are simple, a nice cool mix, a light food, and a good flowering agent, has not steered me wrong yet.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Growweedeasy has a more topical format to find things. That seems to be popular.

The problem with searching forums is that a forum is just a conversation. There's no structure. You could have to read 10 pages only to find out something important changed (compared to the info you read in the first 2 pages). Forums would be perfect if they had a wiki, and information from conversations could be summarized as topics. Important context (like, the info is about hydro, not soil) may not be evident without reading the entire conversation. Forums aren't the right tool for organizing information for easy discovery. (Just like wikis aren't the right tool for conversation.). There's a lot of good info on forums. But, it can be time consuming if you're just trying to get a "lay of the land" orientation to growing. You can end up with wrong ideas (not knowing how a practice is for outdoor, not indoor; or for soil, not hydro, etc. It's easy to make the wrong associations because forum discussions often don't emphasize that. Or, a google search lands you on page 87, long after many of important details were provided.).

That's a good point. I've often thought it would be cool if somehow a mentorship program could be initiated where experienced members essentially "adopt" and assist new growers who want to grow with the same techniques as the mentor.

I've personally helped half a dozen or so people on here that have reached out to me via PM's to bring their plants back to health. But I'm a soiless guy, I'm less help to people running DWC or organic soil.

But it would be pretty rewarding to help a newb rock it from start to crop out. The more good growers out there the better imho.

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

That's a good point. I've often thought it would be cool if somehow a mentorship program could be initiated where experienced members essentially "adopt" and assist new growers who want to grow with the same techniques as the mentor.

I've personally helped half a dozen or so people on here that have reached out to me via PM's to bring their plants back to health. But I'm a soiless guy, I'm less help to people running DWC or organic soil.

But it would be pretty rewarding to help a newb rock it from start to crop out. The more good growers out there the better imho.
Love the info...u guys...I have looked at the FAQ on this site and it’s good but a lot is 2013. Surely thing change...wish they would update their info....it is an easier read becAue u pic and choose exact topic........😎😇

az2000

az2000

Love the info...u guys...I have looked at the FAQ on this site and it’s good but a lot is 2013. Surely thing change...wish they would update their info....it is an easier read becAue u pic and choose exact topic........😎😇

A wiki is like a FAQ, but allows all members to contribute. It doesn't depend on a single FAQ editor, or "official" answers.

Democratic info sounds scary. You can get bad info. But, collaboratively all views can be accomodated. It doesn't have to be one-way, or either/or. The real risk with a wiki is spammers, But, don't give wiki edit access until a certain number of posts/likes/time elapse (there's a way to balance those variables to weed out spammers). All edits are reversible. It's not bad if someone can't play by the rules. Their edits can be reverted, and they can be banned from wiki-editor status. Wikis have "talk" pages where edits can be discussed (like a forum, but more specific to that wiki page, the direction it's taking, how to accommodate balanced, seemingly contradictory views).

Something like that could definitely be like growweedeasy, but not in the hands of just two people. It could be community driven. Again: sounds scary because we know how opinionated people can be. It definitely wouldn't work on trollitup. But, here it might. It just depends on a stated/enforced decorum. Just a tool that is expected to be used a chartered way.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

I'm very interested and I do a lot of research in growing I feel I know a lot then I forgot stuff and I put a lot on myself I still haven't fully learned. But Iv used espoma organic indoor houseplant food just for shits but it is in fox farm soil and I haven't used those nutritions for a long while multiple waterings. There are holes in leaves also I need help but I'd also like to know how she looked an if anyone notices anything else or to help me with anything she is 27 days old pretty much 28. I'm using 600w led grow light with veg and flower switch both on.

Seems like everyone else gave you good advice, but here is something that, if you enjoy reading to learn more , an author by the name Jeff Lowenfells(sp?), does three books in particular, start with "teaming with microbes", then "teaming with fungus" followed by "teaming with nutrients" all of which are free on amazon's kindle app. I thought I new what I was talking about, then I read his books and discovered how truly ignorant I was. Dont get me wrong I knew what to use to get a good product, but had no idea why it worked aside from NPK and trace minerals. The author simplifies all the scientific mumbo jumbo and breaks it down for someone who doesnt have a horticulture degree. Basic biology knowledge helps with some of the more technical stuff, but if you havent read, it is a must read. Good luck on your endeavors, and happy growing!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

We are all here to help You! Yea I get advice from my hydro guy and as stated has never steered me wrong, I don't think I asked for anyone's help since I got here, but have tried my best to help others anytime, if I'm not shure I say so or keep quiet.

Top Bottom