I need help and would love to be taunt an learn from anyone.

• Thread starter Thegrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thegrower

I'm very interested and I do a lot of research in growing I feel I know a lot then I forgot stuff and I put a lot on myself I still haven't fully learned. But Iv used espoma organic indoor houseplant food just for shits but it is in fox farm soil and I haven't used those nutritions for a long while multiple waterings. There are holes in leaves also I need help but I'd also like to know how she looked an if anyone notices anything else or to help me with anything she is 27 days old pretty much 28. I'm using 600w led grow light with veg and flower switch both on.

I need help and would love to be taunt an learn from anyone
I need help and would love to be taunt an learn from anyone 2
I need help and would love to be taunt an learn from anyone 3
BigCube

BigCube

Looks like classic tip burn. Your soil should already have nutrients in it enough to last it a while. You dont want to feed it nutrients until it's used up the stuff already in the soil.

Now that the deed is done. You can just ride it out or try flushing.
It doesn't look that bad, I would just ride it out.

Get yourself a tds pen and measure your runoff. It's a good way to tell what the levels are like I your soil.

They look good to me man 👍

T

Thegrower

Looks like classic tip burn. Your soil should already have nutrients in it enough to last it a while. You dont want to feed it nutrients until it's used up the stuff already in the soil.

Get yourself a tds pen and measure your runoff. It's a good way to tell what the levels are like I your soil.

I appreciate that a lot thank you I'm planning to buy tds and ph tester this nxt paycheck. And I will do that.

T

Thegrower

One quick question what about the holes I thought maybe water that got on the leaves but I don't know.

az2000

az2000

I've never used FF anything. From posts I've read, HF's not as nutrient strong as Ocean Forest. How much Espoma did you feed? (I think the instructions say to measure a capful in a quart. How much is that in tsp or ml? And, how many caps did you use (4 per gallon?).

It seems like the plant is burnt.

Last edited:
T

Thegrower

I've never used FF anything. From posts I've read, HF's not as nutrient strong as Ocean Forest. How much Espoma did you feed? (I think the instructions say to measure a capful in a quart. How much is that in tsp or ml? And, how many caps did you use (4 per gallon?).

It seems like the plant is burnt.
I'm pretty sure I did 5 tsp for a half gallon. It came up to 5.6 I think if I remember correctly on the exact amount I googled to get my calculations. But I'm going to do the ocean soil one on my next 2 plants. And I'm done using nutrition stuff to see if that's the case.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Turn off the flower side of the led off to allow plant stretch and nodal development, at week 5 then use the veg/ flower lights together, and at flip use both sides up till week 4 then flower side on only through finish

az2000

az2000

I'm pretty sure I did 5 tsp for a half gallon.

That would be around 600ppm. That was probably your problem. If you use 2tsp/gal, it would probably be ok. (If you use Ocean Forest next time, you shouldn't feed anything for a few weeks. I would add a lot of perlite to HF and OF. I've never used either. but they appear to be heavy/dense, slow drying. I think I'd do 50% perlite.).

Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

@Thegrower Suggest you do some reading in the basic growing section...That combined with what’s happening in front of you will stay with you better than having the community do it for you...just sayin. Good growing.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im not even going in to the to hot shit again,look it soil feed at 6.5,happy or ocean dont feed anything other than water for at least 3 weeks,at 3 weeks start 1/4 strength feed and work your way up ,when you get just a tad tip burn you back off just a little,look up cannibis hannah feed chart on goggle,it will tell you what ppm and ec to use for stages of growth,if you want to get a feed started at least a week before you flip so the plant doesnt stress when you start the stretch ,far as the perlite fad going on ,remember this the more you throw in the soil the more you have to feed point blank how it is,i dont recomend any perlite using the bag soil,there is no absolute benifit from it other than feeding all the time ,new growers read add more ,well add more if you like ,this is all you ,but new growers dont need the extra headache and what becomes of it is over and under watering,soil come in the bag with less because that is how it made and works,when it give you problem from just the bag soil is when you water all the time,even with extra perlite it still gonna happen from to much,lean your pots instead,you will get to a point were you know exactly when to water just looking at it,first time will be serious droop the next time it happens you will know before hand to water just before it does if you dig,anyway your call but for sure give that ph of feeds going in at 6.5 for soil

T

Thegrower

@Thegrower Suggest you do some reading in the basic growing section...That combined with what’s happening in front of you will stay with you better than having the community do it for you...just sayin. Good growing.
I appreciate that a lot and I do a lot of research prolly do to much and confuse myself honestly I love to learn and sometimes people explaining it is better lesrningthen trying to read and find it and guess what the problem is an maybe make it worse I wish I was close enough to a grower I could learn and watch from them hands on but I'm going to look at some basic grow sites.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I appreciate that a lot and I do a lot of research prolly do to much and confuse myself honestly I love to learn and sometimes people explaining it is better lesrningthen trying to read and find it and guess what the problem is an maybe make it worse I wish I was close enough to a grower I could learn and watch from them hands on but I'm going to look at some basic grow sites.

Don't underestimate the value of learning from your own mistakes! It's nice to have a teacher nearby, but you'll get to know everything about your grow as you go. The most important thing is getting the first seed germinating and not giving up. Take notes, take pictures, refine constantly, and you'll figure it out.

T

Thegrower

Don't underestimate the value of learning from your own mistakes! It's nice to have a teacher nearby, but you'll get to know everything about your grow as you go. The most important thing is getting the first seed germinating and not giving up. Take notes, take pictures, refine constantly, and you'll figure it out.
Okay thank you . I'm learning that's what i need to do because everyone has there own way to grow an set ups. Is there any site that you could refer me to.

az2000

az2000

Is there any site that you could refer me to.

Growweedeasy has a more topical format to find things. That seems to be popular.

The problem with searching forums is that a forum is just a conversation. There's no structure. You could have to read 10 pages only to find out something important changed (compared to the info you read in the first 2 pages). Forums would be perfect if they had a wiki, and information from conversations could be summarized as topics. Important context (like, the info is about hydro, not soil) may not be evident without reading the entire conversation. Forums aren't the right tool for organizing information for easy discovery. (Just like wikis aren't the right tool for conversation.). There's a lot of good info on forums. But, it can be time consuming if you're just trying to get a "lay of the land" orientation to growing. You can end up with wrong ideas (not knowing how a practice is for outdoor, not indoor; or for soil, not hydro, etc. It's easy to make the wrong associations because forum discussions often don't emphasize that. Or, a google search lands you on page 87, long after many of important details were provided.).

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Fox farms ocean forest is a cooler mix than happy frog, I grow autoflowers with it, your light may be to close, I'm running 600w led and 24 inches is about right, you want your plants to point up to the light without shying away from it, it looks like you may have some sort of infestation with the holes in the leaves, do you see pests? Back off your light a bit and inspect for pests.

Top Bottom