I need help defining these symptoms

• Thread starter Maltach
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Maltach

Hi, I need help figuring out what wrong with my outdoor cannabis plants. I’m growing in soil, they are 4 weeks old. I added 2 times kelp till now and 2 days ago I gave them npk (vilmorin plante verte). Day temps reach 95f
Some tips of leafs are curling down and others having different symptoms.
I will attach pictures and if someone can help I would really appreciate it.

5D1A6E83 CCA4 41EE 9FF8 58F01FA044B9
29B95C5E E8D7 41D5 9D54 935717A015FF
72831886 81A6 4340 90E6 26A2CE748F83
40D16DB3 3C1B 4153 AB33 2048F6571ACF
41D8D726 CCF2 471D ACF1 421799E6F67C
E881C81B 82A1 4B28 A279 53293BB90C94
03D008F9 E7D1 4556 897D 04C39E5CBA9B
m8ty

m8ty

How long have the small plants been in the large pots? When you put small plants into large pots it's easy to over or underwater because there is a bunch of dirt and not enough roots to properly water once a week. If you are in the right size container you should be watering about once per week. Usually magnesium is the first to show like those twisted leaves in the pics. Next time don't repot until the plants are bigger and your having to water them more than once a week in their small container. And one other tip, too much light will also make them curl like that because the plant can only process an X amount of magnesium, so try to get the plants all the morning sun and get them shade in the hottest parts of the day.

Last edited:
M

Maltach

You mean the curl can be excess of magnesium from the sun ?
Both pictures attached ( don’t have new pics ) are the setup + I removed the 4 small fans from the back and put 4 big fans to let new air pass through the tent to push hot air through the exhaust fans. And 2 small fans on ground level to circulate air.
At night I turn off all fans from 7pm to 7am.
( the tent is a must and can’t remove ).if you have any comments I will appreciate it.
Thanks

4A4EEBFB 13D1 43BD 885E FCD44DF4B8FC
BB9B3061 2165 4B2C 8CC1 E72CCD662265
BigCube

BigCube

95 is pretty hot. Wouldn't surprise me if most of that is heat stress. Some strains can handle the heat better than others. Some are just outright picky. But usually at those temps you would need co2.

If possible try to get some more air flowing through. I know some people like to roll the sides up on super hot days. If possible give that a shot.

Also with temps so high, What is your RH at? Cause lower RH can cause leathery thick leaves that look a lot like that.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

You mean the curl can be excess of magnesium from the sun ?
Both pictures attached ( don’t have new pics ) are the setup + I removed the 4 small fans from the back and put 4 big fans to let new air pass through the tent to push hot air through the exhaust fans. And 2 small fans on ground level to circulate air.
At night I turn off all fans from 7pm to 7am.
( the tent is a must and can’t remove ).if you have any comments I will appreciate it.
Thanks
leave the fans on at all times,you would probally see better results just by taking a little hand held garden shovel and around edges of pot,just break the soil a little to give more air,no clue what type soil that is,you really havent gave much info for folk to help you,i can see the top of the soil is dry as hell and looks like a lot of clay,probally wrong,outdoors is a whole difrent ballgame mate,this i know from what you said,turning them fans off will lead to PM in a big time way,leave them on till harvest and set fans to come in and go out ,only chance you will have imo,dont think the little box fans are gonna do the trick just saying they might now but when the real heat is on it gonna be on with lack of moving air,you should be able to walk in the greenhouse and feel wind slapping at your back and other end feel it pulling out,more info mate ,im just guessing from what i see but lack of info just hurts you for help if you dig

M

Maltach

Rh during daytime is between 20% and 60% and during night is very high but will solve it by tomorrow with the dehumidifiers.
My altitude is 5250ft so if I keep the fans on during night time temp will go down to 50f .
For soil I mixed red soil with terreau( black potting soil )
I noticed after moving them to big pots that there’s lot of clay in the soil can I do something now or too late ?
When all the fans are on during the day all 35 plants are moving so air circulation must be good.

BigCube

BigCube

ooof. That's a tough one. Cause you're gonna need fans going 24/7. Even if they are just internal fans to move the inside air around. That way you could shut the big fans off and just leave the internal fans running.

It also might be worth getting a heater too. How cold does it get at night?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'm not familiar with the fertilizer that you used, but the plants look like they got a hotshot of fertilizer. Fertilizers can mess with the osmotics of roots and soil, causing them to look underwatered and nitrogen excess causes leaf clawing, which I think I am seeing. Heat stress is a possibility, although I haven't dealt with it. What kind of soil are you using? Some that have nutrients added can burn plants if they aren't used to it. With a lot of evaporation, you have a better chance of nutrient/salt build up. If they are in smart pots, they should be overwatering proof... I think it is the beginning of nutrient excess. I would flush it a few times, but that is only based on what I see. There are a lot of variables, but I think it has been shocked by a combo of fertilizer, transplanting, and today being the longest day of the year.
Maybe .

M

Maltach

ooof. That's a tough one. Cause you're gonna need fans going 24/7. Even if they are just internal fans to move the inside air around. That way you could shut the big fans off and just leave the internal fans running.

It also might be worth getting a heater too. How cold does it get at night?

Reaches 50f lowest temperature on coldest night

Top Bottom