I need help identifying Leaf problem

• Thread starter NakedBandit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NakedBandit

This is a bubble bucket grow. 3 weeks old these brown spots keep appearing on the older leaves. I was thinking maybe pH burn? I was dialing it down pretty low at first. Now I have it around 5.5 - 6 but it seems like the spots are persisting. Any thoughts?

I need help identifying leaf problem
I need help identifying leaf problem 2
I need help identifying leaf problem 3
I need help identifying leaf problem 4
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

This is a few pics of what classic CalMag deficiency looks like. Im pretty sure this is it. Just buy a tiny bottle of CalMag additive and start adding the recommended doses in your waterings it will help correct it. Once the leaves have the deficiency it wont go away from those leaves so you can just pluck off the ugly ones. Once you start giving the plant the CalMag it will start putting out healthier new growth up top so it will replace the ugly leaves that you pluck off.

Cannabis calcium deficiency bottom plant lack of light

Cannabis calcium magnesium problems 1

Magnesium deficiency in marijuana

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Yes LEDs. Thanks for the info! I will definitely try the calcium magnesium additive. I assume since my pH was low for a while it locked out the calcium...
That's a phosphorus deficiency. Read about both calcium and phosphorus. And their relationship. Adding calcium will likely worsen it.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
This is a bubble bucket grow. 3 weeks old these brown spots keep appearing on the older leaves. I was thinking maybe pH burn? I was dialing it down pretty low at first. Now I have it around 5.5 - 6 but it seems like the spots are persisting. Any thoughts?
don't go lower than ph5.5 in dwc or rdwc. what kind of nutrients do you use?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i don't use those nutrients. Not that anything is wrong with it. Planty of folks here use GH 3 part. What are you using for enzyme>? roots yet?

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
That's a phosphorus deficiency. Read about both calcium and phosphorus. And their relationship. Adding calcium will likely worsen it.
Here is a great example of a progressive Phosphorus deficiency:

Screenshot 20211219 1916402

Notice the lack of yellowing or chlorotic coloring? IMO this is a CalMag problem, I have to agree with @Backyard_Boogie here.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

TB
This is a few pics of what classic CalMag deficiency looks like. Im pretty sure this is it. Just buy a tiny bottle of CalMag additive and start adding the recommended doses in your waterings it will help correct it. Once the leaves have the deficiency it wont go away from those leaves so you can just pluck off the ugly ones. Once you start giving the plant the CalMag it will start putting out healthier new growth up top so it will replace the ugly leaves that you pluck off.

View attachment 1198302
View attachment 1198301
View attachment 1198300
There's no such thing as "cal mag" deficiency.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Phosphorus deficiency appears on lower older growth. Calcium deficiency shows higher up.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Take it easy fellas in no way am I trying to claim that Im 100% right. Im definitely not a know it all but based off that pic I would guess that CalMag would help correct this. I have seen that before its still a little early in that pic its not severe yet but I have seen that same thing on one of my strains before. It turns into brown crusty looking spotting on the leaves.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Who's the Googler matching leaf pictures instead of actually figuring out appearance as well as location? What a dope that one is.
Settle down Boss Man... Phosphorus Matters! I've just never seen it specifically being a problem....ever. Not in a single plant that gets fertilized.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
its so funny that none of you guys are hydro growers and are sitting here throwing shit darts at each other to show who is right and wrong. both of you need to go to your soils and take your medication instead of giving shit advice. If you read properly and had any understanding for hydro than you would understand that he said "he had his ph to low before he figured that it needs to be at 5.5/6

The older leaves show deficiency but the new growth is doing good. So, he actually is doing good right now and by telling him he needs more cal/mag and this or that then you are causing his plant to get problems. so keep your sarcastic comments to yourself and if you can't respect one or the other then move the fuck along!

N

NakedBandit

i don't use those nutrients. Not that anything is wrong with it. Planty of folks here use GH 3 part. What are you using for enzyme>? roots yet?
Enzymes? Like for rooting? I haven't rooted any clones yet. These are fem seeds. So with the calcium deficiency, should I just keep the ph in a more acceptable range and it will correct itself or do you suggest supplementing in some extra calcium and magnesium?

Last edited:
N

NakedBandit

Here is a great example of a progressive Phosphorus deficiency:

View attachment 1198446

Notice the lack of yellowing or chlorotic coloring? IMO this is a CalMag problem, I have to agree with @Backyard_Boogie here.
I was thinking calmag too...especially since I was running the ph a bit too low for the first week of life. I am working with the ph now and keeping it in a more acceptable range (5.5-6.3). I was hoping that would correct the problem on its own, but so far the problem is still showing up. Do you think I should supplement some calmag in? If so, I am following the floraseries feedchart by general hydro for their 3 part mixture, would I keep following the feedchart and just add a little bit of calmag to buffer the solution?

Top Bottom