I need help! Nitrogen toxicity??

• Thread starter Paco0331
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Paco0331

Paco0331

I need some help. This is my first time growing and my plant is growing really slow, it is dark green and clawing in random spots! Also canoeing randomly! Anyone know what it could be?

I need help nitrogen toxicity
I need help nitrogen toxicity 2
I need help nitrogen toxicity 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yes, nitrogen does that.

The good thing about N is that it is very soluble in water and can be leached out of soil with water.

This doesn't seem to be too severe. If you try to leach out the N, make sure the pot has plenty of drain holes. You don't want to trade an over-watering problem for your high N problem.

Paco0331

Paco0331

Yes, nitrogen does that.

The good thing about N is that it is very soluble in water and can be leached out of soil with water.

This doesn't seem to be too severe. If you try to leach out the N, make sure the pot has plenty of drain holes. You don't want to trade an over-watering problem for your high N problem.
Thank you for the quick response man I’ve been losing my mind trying to figure it out by just reading about other peoples problems. Like I said it’s my first time so it’s good to hear that it is not anything crazy. Other than that how does she look? Any obvious rookie mistakes you can see ?

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

Hi Paco0331.
I think it looks pretty good.
Just go light on the nutes for a bit.

Paco0331

Paco0331

Hi Paco0331.
I think it looks pretty good.
Just go light on the nutes for a bit.
Hey Goodthingsgrow thanks for the feedback I appreciate it! But Ok sweet, I really wasn’t sure how bad or good it was doing in general but now that I have confirmation I feel way more comfortable. Do you think I should be transplanting to a bigger pot soon?

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

It’s hard to tell by those pics where it’s at. Judging by them you should be ok for a couple of weeks. What is the container? Does it have drainage holes?
Soil? Or a mix?
How old is it?
Got side pics?

Paco0331

Paco0331

It’s hard to tell by those pics where it’s at. Judging by them you should be ok for a couple of weeks. What is the container? Does it have drainage holes?
Soil? Or a mix?
How old is it?
Got side pics?
It is a 1g pot and yes it has drainage holes but it is a self watering pot. It is a soil and it’s 5 weeks old.

growsince79

growsince79

I would get them out of the half filled pots and put them in proper soil mixed with perlite and filled all the way. What you have now isn't gonna work well.

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

I would get them out of the half filled pots and put them in proper soil mixed with perlite and filled all the way. What you have now isn't gonna work well.
I would have to agree. Those pots are not for your purpose. Filling your puts to the top will allow for more uninterrupted growth before a repot is necessary.
Water that from the top and get it into a new home fairly soon.

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

That soil looks pretty heavy. I don’t see any perlite at all.
Maybe look into some quality soil.
Yes you should always water after replanting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom