I need help ran out of grow nutrient

• Thread starter Lulubutler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Ikkt

That's a wise thing to teach one's offspring!

Glad you learned something, will take a look at the head Formula, then I'll learn something new too!
And could be useful, a guy I know just wants to start with coco so it might be good to start with something that simple.

L

Lulubutler

When ever I uses the right amount 5ml per gal they got burnt so I been using 2.5 ml a gallon and they been doing much better I just ran out of the grow bottle this run around of changing my resaver... do u think the nutrient def on the leafs could be old or do the leafs go back to normal after its fixed? my pH stay's between 5.4-5.8 and ppm stays between 500-600 do u think I should I rase it? And Im thinking I'm going to half to use the 2 bottles and calmag until I get the other nutrients in the mail igot another question I make my own co2 with yeast and sugar iv been changing them out when I change my water but I just heard all I had to do was poor more sugar in the bottle is that true?

L

Lulubutler

But just to be safe and cause I'm a paranoid person to .... how do I delete pics lol

L

Lulubutler

Also how can u tell ur giving the right amount of nutrients I know some plants can be getting less and be green and just growing slow (but for a first time grower they don't know what slow is) so I guess I'm asking how to tell when ur ppm is right ? Is it when ur ppm stays the same whike the plant drinks uo yhe water then it's perfect and when it go's up its to much go's down not enough?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Also how can u tell ur giving the right amount of nutrients I know some plants can be getting less and be green and just growing slow (but for a first time grower they don't know what slow is) so I guess I'm asking how to tell when ur ppm is right ? Is it when ur ppm stays the same whike the plant drinks uo yhe water then it's perfect and when it go's up its to much go's down not enough?

Hope this helps...

Balance
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Starting with hydro is very challenging if you are new to this. I’ve seen it go very poorly for others but hopefully it goes well. I admire your ambition. Good luck.

Also what am I lookin at here? Lol

B022A2BD 0FEA 4216 A5B6 B38CFF043D38
L

Lulubutler

I think I upload the wrong pic I got a few more questions if anyone would like to answer them sry about the mess I was changing out the water and rearanging / cleaning lol but there should be a video uploading with this hofelly it dos

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
If you look up Lucas formula you see there is no risk. It's a proven thing.
A lot of people use it seed to harvest.
But a side by side test would indeed be interesting!

Not a npk profile I would prefer but it's in the range of 1-2-2, more precise 1-2-1.9, and that's in the range of very common high P flower formulas.

With 1.5/3ml/L (1:2) Micro/Bloom you'll get around:
75ppm N
65ppm P
115ppm K
90ppm Mg
105ppm Ca
150ppm S
1.8ppm Fe

That's not so bad with a little Ca from tap water. There are nutrient lines that are way worse and nonetheless people manage to get good results.

@Chemchris
Yeah, unfortunately...
I'm always slightly paranoid on purpose as long as it's not too much work.

Me personally I never really liked Lucas as it was orig for tomatoes. It does work tho and have seen many people succeed with it. Perfect to try that or GreatfulH3ads one which is pretty similar. I always ran 8-3-(12-14) with 3 part (useless week 3) which was prob the best results I had with 3 part. The other one people run is 5-5-5 and have good success with. I can't remember what I ran in veg something like 6-1-4 i think.

All in all don't be worried about running out of grow. You can succeed w/o it. 3 part gets a little confusing as its really a 2 part with the grow acting as an adjustment for different formulas. Think of micro as A and Bloom as B if it were a 2 part. Just don't buy into the liquid or dry kool bloom when you pick up more grow (if you do), Just up the bloom instead of buying those. The main thing to take away is 1:2 of micro : bloom works and has a proven track record. Tweak from there if ya like but that works basically veg all the way through flower.

L

Lulubutler

In the video it shows a few branches/budsights iv seen a lot of videos were they lollipop (I think that's the name )and cut all those lower branch off ?

L

Lulubutler

Starting with hydro is very challenging if you are new to this. I’ve seen it go very poorly for others but hopefully it goes well. I admire your ambition. Good luck.

[/QUOTE

If u get any free time would u check out the video I posted on this thread I'm confused on a few things some iv been flowering for about 2/3 weeks now I don't feel like my buds are as big as they should be also confused on what I should do as in training while in flowering should I cute the lower flowering branches? Should I just put a net over them a weave the branches in n out? Should I take off the little branches that are coming off the main branch in the first 2 pics ? Should I tie down the big branches sticking straight up ? I feel like my plants art growing as fast and big as they should I veg them for about 3 months and I don't want to lose then or put in all this work n get popcorn buds :( I really need some advice

I

Ikkt

You are just getting started so don't expect the best possible results from your first couple of grows.

I would just let it grow as it does and take of everything at the bottom that's not getting sufficient light. It's good to get to know how your plants grow without major intervention. Leave training, scroging and the like for later grows.

About them not budding as you think they should, are they grown from seed?
How old are they?
And are you feeding them with a lot of N?

L

Lulubutler

I'm using the general hydroponic flora,micro,and grow I'm using 30ml of flora 20 of micro and I'm waiting in the grow to come in mail so I use 20 ml Cal mag put 5 gallon's they have been flowering for about 2 1/2 weeks maybe 3 I really appreciate u answering back do u know of anything I should be adding to my nutrients to help the buds out some?

L

Lulubutler

Also I fount a clear bug really really small was almost yellow like it's the first one I have seen or at least have noticed any ideas on what bug spray I can use while budding?

I

Ikkt

Too much N most probably.
You should drop the calmag, that's a lot of N. Too much N can delay flowering.

Just use 6ml micro and 12ml bloom per gallon/4L, or more, or less, it's about the ratio of 1:2 micro:bloom, that's a proven recipe. If that's not enough you can up it 8/16ml Micro/bloom.
Thats all they should need!

What water do use and is the micro hard or softwater?

L

Lulubutler

So for 5 gallons that would be 30ml micro and 60ml bloon right? And my ppm of my water is 60? I use water from the fossit

L

Lulubutler

Here is a few bud pics sry I had to use a flashlight so the grow light wouldn't make the pic pink

20190421 020513
20190421 020343
L

Lulubutler

Also should I take all the old fan leafes and leafs that' never went back to normal from my first mistake out :(

I

Ikkt

Yes, 30micro 60bloom should be a good starting point.
It's really about the 1:2 ratio, 1 part micro to 2 parts bloom. Works good for a lot of people, very simple and reliable.
It's always better to give a little less than too much, and 6/12 is often enough.

Watch the plants. If they show signs that they are hungry and need more you can slowly up the dose to 8/16 per gallon max.
Usually they don't need more than that.

No, don't cut of leafs unless they are dying or severely damaged!
If they are green they are still working.
You don't have that much leafes anyway, so you don't want to loose any more.

And stop the yeast thing. You really don't need it.
CO2 is only beneficial if everything else is near perfect and in your situation it will probably do more harm than good.
Focus on the very basics for the first few grows until you have gained some experience and knowledge!
It's not the time for experiments yet!

So, there are some questions left, :
1 Is your tap water really only 60ppm?
That would be pretty good.

2 Look at the micro bottle. Does it say hardwater or softwater somewhere?
If not, can you find how much Ca is in there?

3 What medium are they in and what size are the pots, how often do you irrigate and how much runoff do you get?
Or is it a recirculating system?

4 Measure pH and EC/ppm of your nutrient solution before you irrigate and measure pH and EC/ppm of your runoff.
Then we can figure out if everything is fine.

5 What lights do you use and how big is your tent/grow space?

They don't look that bad. Don't worry too much, if you go slow, keep it simple and focus on the basics you should get some nice buds.

And I forgot:
Identify what that bug is as fast as possible.
Look up common pests on some growing site and you should be able to figure out what it is.
You have to know, you can't just spray with something. You need the right thing for your specific pest.
Once they really start budding it's getting much more complicated.

Btw. can't watch the videos, only mobile internet atm...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have a question, are you growing in a bowl of multicoloured beads? lol

And yeah the Lucas will get you through. Ive been using GH 3 part, 2 part, 1 part and dry formulas for almost 15 years, and honestly I feel confident that there is better options out there. I've heard a lot of good things about botanicare pure blend pro and Kind trio. I'll likely try one of those next. Looking to get away from GH.

I might recommend you do the same when you get the opportunity.

Top Bottom