I need help! What’s wrong?

• Thread starter Chocodon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chocodon

Hey guys anyone know what’s going on with my plant? She’s a blue dream clone, I had this happen to one of my plants last year it happened later on so I never had to deal with it. It started on one branch and I think the other ones started to show signs last year aswell but for now it’s just this one branch and it isn’t taking over any other plants so I don’t think it could be a feeding issue I’ve just been giving them a little bit of nitrogen.
I need help whats wrong 3

I need help whats wrong
I need help whats wrong 2
BigCube

BigCube

Hey guys anyone know what’s going on with my plant? She’s a blue dream clone, I had this happen to one of my plants last year it happened later on so I never had to deal with it. It started on one branch and I think the other ones started to show signs last year aswell but for now it’s just this one branch and it isn’t taking over any other plants so I don’t think it could be a feeding issue I’ve just been giving them a little bit of nitrogen.View attachment 886534

Almost looks like a scale insect infestation. Have you scoped for bugs? Check the under side of the leaves and around the node branching. With a jeweler's loupe.

C

Chocodon

Almost looks like a scale insect infestation. Have you scoped for bugs? Check the under side of the leaves and around the node branching. With a jeweler's loupe.
I looked on the bottom of the leaves and I couldn’t see the bumps texture I could only see that they were on the top side of the leafs when the sun shined through on them because it’s thicker where the bumps are. I also don’t see any insects anywhere around up the stems, it’s just on this one branch that’s affected. There’s also a few leafs in the pictures that look like they have a few spikes mutated or pulled out, just grown in a weird way I don’t know if that can happen from bugs or maybe from stress. I haven’t topped or barely trained the plant just opened up tge branched a bit for more airflow and sunlight.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thinking outloud.

Are you spraying them with anything? Another possibility is guttation. The leaves can excrete sap at night usually around the edges caused by higher moisture levels in soil.

When you have water droplets on the leaves from either and getting high light it can burn or damage that portion of the leaf tissue. The liquid acts as a magnifying glass in a sense.

Can't say for sure but something you can possibly rule out.

Looks like a transpiration issue but could be many causes.

C

Chocodon

Thinking outloud.

Are you spraying them with anything? Another possibility is guttation. The leaves can excrete sap at night usually around the edges caused by higher moisture levels in soil.

When you have water droplets on the leaves from either and getting high light it can burn or damage that portion of the leaf tissue. The liquid acts as a magnifying glass in a sense.

Can't say for sure but something you can possibly rule out.

Looks like a transpiration issue but could be many causes.
Not spraying them with anything and like I said before it’s just this one branch, also I’m treating all my plants the same so Its really hard to figure out what’s going on, all the other ones are healthy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not spraying them with anything and like I said before it’s just this one branch, also I’m treating all my plants the same so Its really hard to figure out what’s going on, all the other ones are healthy.
Have a pic of your setup? Maybe it's sitting to close to your humidifier?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also are the leaves stacking up? Like touching eachother? That will cause very local damage like that. Because the leaf can't resipire well and builds moisture where they touch.

BigCube

BigCube

I dont know man. I'm still thinking pests. Yellow dots, holes, "chewed" edges..

What are you using to look for pests? You'll need a 50x jewelers loupe if you wana know for sure. Some phones have a good enough camera that you can take a picture and zoom in on it and see.

Could be little clear worms, could be little limpet looking things, could be a number of things.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I dont know man. I'm still thinking pests. Yellow dots, holes, "chewed" edges..

What are you using to look for pests? You'll need a 50x jewelers loupe if you wana know for sure. Some phones have a good enough camera that you can take a picture and zoom in on it and see.

Could be little clear worms, could be little limpet looking things, could be a number of things.
Yup could be.. I'm not sure at this point just trying to eliminate stuff.

Agree jewelers loupe is usually a must for spotting some pests

C

Chocodon

Also are the leaves stacking up? Like touching eachother? That will cause very local damage like that. Because the leaf can't resipire well and builds moisture where they touch.
Not sure if this is it but it is possible, this plants has been growing like crazy and I haven’t had any time to clear out the plants branches

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not sure if this is it but it is possible, this plants has been growing like crazy and I haven’t had any time to clear out the plants branches
Increasing air flow can help. I'm not sure it's your issue but doesn't hurt to correct air flow and leaves that are stacking up. I usually just pluck the ones that are if you have a lot good healthy growth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom