I need help with this male plant

• Thread starter Ilike2grownow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Ilike2grownow

Here is a mazar male I’m going to get some pollen from. I’m going to use it to pollinate my other plants. But I’ve never done it before. It’s been separated from the females but I don’t know when it’s balls are ready for me to chop it and save the pollen. How much longer do you think I have until it’s ready? I’m tired of buying seeds and want to make my own. I plan on only pollinating the lower branches so I don’t mess up good bud.

I need help with this male plant
I need help with this male plant 2
I need help with this male plant 3
I

Ilike2grownow

Right now the balls are really small. I did notice one of them did open and drop a little pollen. I just think something was wrong with that 1.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Here is a mazar male I’m going to get some pollen from. I’m going to use it to pollinate my other plants. But I’ve never done it before. It’s been separated from the females but I don’t know when it’s balls are ready for me to chop it and save the pollen. How much longer do you think I have until it’s ready? I’m tired of buying seeds and want to make my own. I plan on only pollinating the lower branches so I don’t mess up good bud.
Buy bread bags with a plastic window and put them around the tops and tape the bottom shut,when enough pollen is released cut the branch ,later you can use a paint brush or Qtips to apply the pollen to the flowers you want to pollinate,if you only want to do a small amount of seeds you can cut some of the smaller branches off to avoid pollen release.

I

Ilike2grownow

Ok, when should I cut them? I have a plastic container with a lid I want to use. But I want to know when I should chop it. But the bread bag idea is pretty good. I just want the pollen released in the container and not just randomly.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

If there is no fan you could use paper for them to fall on. Myself I just clipped them off and dried then using a glove to then ran them across my trim bin screen to get the pollen I was after.

A60497BE BE26 43FF BDCA 753C633F2F23

Gorbo

Gorbo

I wait until you can see it on the leaves, then I do the paper thing.

I

Ilike2grownow

I had one open up on a leaf but it was white not yellow. Also some balls are still kinda small. Should I wait until the balls are all big until I cut it down to dry it?

AmiT

AmiT

Maybe you should plan only to wait for the pollen to fall on bags/paper, and not chopping them. I mean you should get the pollen while the plants are still straight and alive; it's not easy to know when male flowers will open, and it is not always synchronized. Better to patiently wait for the fall.

Gorbo

Gorbo

If there's pollen on the leaves, you can just hold a piece of paper under it and give the plant a shake. Its easier and you dont have to worry about getting plant matter in the pollen if your enticed to mash up unopened sacs after chopping. Unopened sacs btw in my experience have very little to no pollen. :)

Last edited:
I

Ilike2grownow

That looks like a good idea but that’ll work on the main branch. What about the side branches?

I

Ilike2grownow

I also thought why does the male release pollen so soon? I planted it at the same time as my others but my females are no where near ready. They just started flowering and don’t even have enough pistils to pollinate. Just seems like Mother Nature is off a little.

I

Ilike2grownow

Maybe you should plan only to wait for the pollen to fall on bags/paper, and not chopping them. I mean you should get the pollen while the plants are still straight and alive; it's not easy to know when male flowers will open, and it is not always synchronized. Better to patiently wait for the fall.
When you talk about the fall are you talking about them all opening at once? It’s weird that maybe only 1 opens at a time, but knowing which one is impossible.

growsince79

growsince79

I also thought why does the male release pollen so soon? I planted it at the same time as my others but my females are no where near ready. They just started flowering and don’t even have enough pistils to pollinate. Just seems like Mother Nature is off a little.
Because it takes 5-6 weeks for the seeds to get ripe.

Madmax

Madmax

Id just throw it in there with them bro.fan behind it oscilating the breeze towards your girls if your not worried bout the female donors for smoke.you can pick them out but..i went 10 weeks to make sure i got the most ripe seeds..3 small females produced over 4 thousand ...lol..more than i need but plenty for my mates.i like growsince79 idea.

T

Theoldman

Use a zip lock freezer bag under the pods and shake the pollen in the bag. Refrigerate and your good.

I

Ilike2grownow

Id just throw it in there with them bro.fan behind it oscilating the breeze towards your girls if your not worried bout the female donors for smoke.you can pick them out but..i went 10 weeks to make sure i got the most ripe seeds..3 small females produced over 4 thousand ...lol..more than i need but plenty for my mates.i like growsince79 idea.
I like your idea but if they get all seeded up then I won’t have any smoke. It would be cool to have that many seeds but I’d never be able to grow that many. I can harvest the good bud and leave the pollinated areas to go longer to make sure I get good seeds. If I knew ppl who wanted seeds then I’d do it but by myself I’ll never need that many. I can’t wait to get the seeds either, I’m going to have some great seeds. They will all be definite couch lock strains.

The male is mazar i sharif, then my females are sundae batter, mazar and 2 d’qar. All are supposedly great for couch lock.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah youd get thousands lol.my girls were only 40cm high max.clones.ea bud say inch and a half in dia produced between 30--50 seeds and i didnt even leave the male in long..he still had over half of the sacs not open.had to get him out as i had girls nxt door 5 days away from starting to bud.i didnt even get any cross pollenation from opening one door then the the one beside it..i did mist water over them once pollenated as that stops it spreading.and outside room.you will still have to b careful when you use a brush to tap that on a bud..as it will b in the air everywhere..no fan going when you do it..im not sure how much it will spread. @growsince79 taps it on so he will know how much it spreads to other buds..

Top Bottom