I need help

• Thread starter chiefcalen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chiefcalen

Alright, so here's my situation, my life has been absolutely ridiculous so far as everyone acts like I cannot grow, either due to the law or due to being too stuck in their own ways. Next, I'm prepared for the "you're out of luck, son" comments and the "get more experience" because, believe me, I've tried to work for every dispensary I can find an application for online, and even with my extensive experience in 15 past jobs and charges that prove I am not ignorant to cannabis, all of them keep declining me. A little about me, I started smoking bud around age 16 when I began working full-time in a factory, I found the work to be extremely strenuous and it was the first time I had seen weed. After I smoked it, all of the pain from the shift dissipated and the rest of the day seemed to be flying by due to my new experiences. I've been a heavy smoker ever since, discovering bongs while on break during my shift at Little Caesars cutting pizzas. I fell in love, still am in love to this day. I developed a keen interest in weed and began to get more and more as most people do, and as I did this other smokers and people I knew would get some from me, as was what felt natural to my conscious and my body back then. Well, I wanted to learn why cannabis calmed my anxiety so effectively, the affects of the psychoactivity from THC, how THC and cannabis can affect someone's tolerance for others, and their patience for unchangeable situations (such as, a party of 20 walking in to Olive Garden *where I work* to eat and going outside to hit the blunt to calm down for them), as well as every other possible thing about cannabis entirely. It has truly become a passion of mine that has absorbed my every waking moment. I asked the people I knew if they could show me how to grow, and I have watched, studied, and taken COUNTLESS notes from videos that I find on the internet, a particular favorite of mine being the YouTube channel From Seed to Stoned. Equipped with my knowledge and young-minded ignorance, I purchased the grow tent and equipment and started a grow operation of 15 plants smack in the center in the ghetto in an apartment of a city in Tennessee very close to Nashville. For those of you that do not know, cannabis is illegal in Tennessee, and cultivation can land someone a 5 year sentence pretty easily. Again, I was young-minded and ignorant. Eventually, I was pulled over after a reup and arrested for marijuana distribution, the entire time the cops were arresting me here I was begging and pleading with them to please let me accomplish my goals and get to a state where cannabis is legal so I can provide medicine legitimately to everyone that I can who is in need. I said that they were ruining my life and plans for the future by doing this, which was met with laughs and outrage as they congratulated eachother for the "bust" (an ounce of weed, dabs, and a scale...). Currently, I am almost off of probation. It ends in January, and I keep my nose clean and absolutely try my best to stay completely away from trouble (I've also been a victim of armed robbery, trouble isn't fun for me). I feel like, at age 23, I only have probably roughly 150, to maybe 200 harvests in my lifetime before I am in my later years pushing my 70s looking back at my life, wishing I would have just taken the chance and said F THE LAW. Every day I think about this, more time is passing and, therefore, less harvests that I could possibly do in my lifetime. I really calculated the 3 or 4 harvests from 3-4 month cycles, every year, for the years of my life to find out how many harvests would be possible, and that's seriously how much I love this plant. I'm dying here, without the ability to grow and help people get medicated, hell, its illegal to even BE MEDICATED in Tennessee, I feel so useless and it makes me hate my own life, I wake up and I radiate negative energy that I willingly allow the other people around me to soak in. I have been clean on probation and passed my test, so I know this is not just me talking under the influence. I said okay, since it's illegal here, and I'm not actively trying to do anything bad, I'm just going to go to where cannabis IS legal. So, I did the research online and looked through each state's cannabis laws, specifically about home-growing and growing for medicinal purposes, and, eventually, growing for dispensaries and producing "official" medication for everyone. I read that, in Colorado, you can grow up to 6 plants per adult, with no more than half of them in flower/veg stages, the room has to have proper ventilation, lighting, and be concealed and locked from outsiders, and I'm not supposed to sell to "non-patients". This is still more plants than most other states, from what I can tell, and California is crazy expensive with a really harsh climate. That's perfect, I can follow my dreams and still abide by the legal system if I move to Colorado! I decided to try and pick a location with an Olive Garden so it would be easy to transfer to, but not Denver since the cost of living is too stupidly high due to nothing more than the popularity, which would be helpful for connecting with "patients", but again, I genuinely love cannabis, I'm not trying to become the next El Chapo from it. I decided Colorado Springs seems like a pleasant city with a beautiful park, multiple Olive Gardens, and several amenities that Denver has, with Denver only a car ride away as well. Then, I ran into my next problem. Every landlord in Colorado it seems, not just Colorado Springs, is NOT 420-Friendly! I understand the standard reasoning, they don't want growers molding and damaging the property, but how is one supposed to even ENTER the industry if ALL of the landlords are banning the entire reason most people are going to Colorado in the first place?! This makes absolutely no sense, if anyone could help me and my SO (she also works) find a place to live for rent with an extra room to grow in, I'll gladly be a lifelong connection to you and anyone in your family and will absolutely, certainly burn a fat Dutch Master with you and take some dabs that I'll press out from my own flower. I think Tennessee wants to twist the legal system here to try and force me to stay locked away, which may sound paranoid but I am actually also a hobbyist rapper known as Killer Gwop even to the authorities here. To describe my appearance, think if Kodak Black was a white person, so deep down it feels like they're using me to gain publicity and draw more tourists and business to the area, since we aren't as popular as Clarksville. But, truthfully and honestly cannabis is my lifelong passion. I'm serious, every day is hell for me here, I slave for the city to "repent" for my charges and get absolutely no recognition as one of the top line cooks in one of the most prestigious restaurants in the city, on top of being the entertainment "puppet" for all of these absolute imbeciles who compare growing bud to meth labs. Look, we all know the money is important, we all strive on a daily basis to survive and it's the whole reason we even show up to work in the first place, but even that is no reason to keep me from this dream of mine because it seriously does not take a genius to realize that right now, cannabis is a cash crop in our country, just like tobacco was back in our history, so of course, obviously, I do not want to be sitting here wasting time online, I want to be serious and make a difference getting to that money. I'm also uploading a photo and a video of the Amnesia Haze bud that I grew here in the ghetto before my arrest, so you guys can see that I am actually for real trying to grow MEDICAL quality bud and HELP everyone. Literally none of the bud in Tennessee compares, all of it very few crystals, dark green color, etc, and I went to many different people to test that theory. The people in the old ghetto were so confident about the quality of my cannabis, I had people literally volunteering to guard my grow operation, standing outside armed and ready, with plans to petition a forced change of the law as well as developmental plans for constructing a nearby dispensary. I took it down because I told them, I don't want innocent people to die because of something that I started, and that if someone were to rob me, it's their loss because you need love for the cannabis plant as a living being to maintain exceptional quality bud, meaning they'll just get super high and then feel depressed after they can't come back. They seemed to understand my reasoning, and have accepted that to enjoy my cannabis again, it'll have to be from the comfort of a state where it is completely legal and not putting them in danger.

I need help
BigCube

BigCube

It's an old boys club. Its who you know, not what you know. You are far from the only life time stoner that isnt "ignorant of cannabis".

The reality is, cousin fred or even cousin fred's friends brothers roommate will get the job before you will.

C

chiefcalen

It's an old boys club. Its who you know, not what you know. You are far from the only life time stoner that isnt "ignorant of cannabis".

The reality is, cousin fred or even cousin fred's friends brothers roommate will get the job before you will.
I know this, so I'm doing my own startup instead of deciding to be misled by these generational growers. Yes, I WAS open to gaining more experience, until I caught wind of the dogshit holier-than-thou attitude of most growers unwilling to even pass along their knowledge to new people, like I would be willing to. Then, I decided that honestly, that bright-green, hella shiny weed you see there from me is METRIC TONS superior to that dry asf, dark-brown looking shit they keep sending down to these illegal states, so I'm not concerned about getting the job. I can work as a line cook to support myself until I have a lot of my own practice and experience and enough saved up to possibly rent or purchase a greenhouse and just expand from there. I'll make the jobs myself, because an old friend of mine once told me, "Quality work speaks for itself." Fuck the idea of "you have to be born into it". Nah, it's the same as the hopeless people that say "You're either born rich or poor." Like, yes, no duh, it takes drive and willpower to achieve something truly legendary.

C

chiefcalen

I know man, I'm sorry it's so long. I just laid my entire situation out in some vain hope that just maybe someone will finally show some kindness and direction

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I know man, I'm sorry it's so long. I just laid my entire situation out in some vain hope that just maybe someone will finally show some kindness and direction
well based on the video, i'd say congrats on the harvest!

C

chiefcalen

Thanks man but I'm still broken that I can't keep doing it until I find a place..

josefrahl

josefrahl

I believe @Deadstill was looking for workers for his farm in CO. No pay, but room and board I believe.

C

chiefcalen

Ooof. Yea, maybe I worded my post incorrectly. I'm not actually looking for a JOB in the cannabis industry, just a place to start growing it myself. I mean, I'd be more than happy to help him out if I'm also allowed to have my own growroom. I'm very happy to help other growers, seriously, it's my pleasure and I find great enjoyment in it, and also, it would satisfy my requirements as well if I had my own growroom. I'd have to obviously keep my job as a line cook to make up for the lack of pay though

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Thanks for the mention @josefrahl

Yeah I am a little busy at the moment and the original post was a little long - I didn't read the whole thing I'll admit - I just read the few lines about Colorado..

So are you looking to move to Colorado? Personally I would advise against Colorado Springs but mostly for my own personal reasons, number 1 being I hate cities anymore and Co Springs has become quite large over the past 30 years..

Second being the county where Co Springs is located- El Paso county. They're NOT grower friendly. They abide by a STRICT 12 plant limit no matter if it's medical or recreational. So by State law you can grow up to 12 plants with no more than half (6) in flowering stage, per single dwelling unit, no matter how many persons living in it. In El Paso County, this also applies to extended count medicinal licenses. So if your Doctor gives you a license to grow 25, 50 or even 75 plants - you can't grow them in El Paso County. I've discussed this with multiple El Paso County Sheriff's deputies and sergeants and this is the rule that stands in El Paso county, I don't care who tells you what or is doing what - that is the bottom line as far as El Paso County Sherriff's department is concerned. Other counties (but not all) will allow you to grow your full medical license for 50 or 75 plants if you have one.

Also, you technically can't sell your medicinal marijuana in CO without a specific license issued by the state and it's NOT cheap by any means. You basically have to be licensed as a dispensary.

But yeah there's a huge reason why we transitioned from THC/weed to industrial hemp. In general there's so much red tape and fees and BS to be able to grow medical/recreational marijuana, banks won't even touch your money, etc.. Industrial hemp still has some red tape and hoops to jump through - but it's still possible for small "mom and pop" businesses to enter the industrial hemp market and succeed..

That being said, I would suggest looking into Trinidad area (Southeastern CO). I hear they are much more weed friendly down there. Definitely stay away from Pueblo unless you like high crime rates.. And Denver is a great place to avoid if you ask me. These days it looks more like San Francisco with all the tents everywhere.... It's pretty sad, actually.

the rrock

the rrock

if you cant figure it out ,youre prolly wasting your time. There are alot of pot friendly states out there,and no easy answers, Ca is a great state but too expensive,your about 30 years too late, Oregon is a beautiful place, and no one gives a crap if your growing

the rrock

the rrock

Ooof. Yea, maybe I worded my post incorrectly. I'm not actually looking for a JOB in the cannabis industry, just a place to start growing it myself. I mean, I'd be more than happy to help him out if I'm also allowed to have my own growroom. I'm very happy to help other growers, seriously, it's my pleasure and I find great enjoyment in it, and also, it would satisfy my requirements as well if I had my own growroom. I'd have to obviously keep my job as a line cook to make up for the lack of pay though
are you F or M,growing weed is not something your gonna get rich doing, although it has added to my income for over 40 yesrs.Since the dispensaries opened it has just become a hobby for me, I made the most of it in the 90s cashwise-pre intranet

C

chiefcalen

@Deadstill I know my post is long man, I knew it would be when I made it. I wish things were different, I literally don't do anything here and get profiled by law enforcement for being a caucasian male with dreadlocks in a southern state. I'm not trying to be extra, or "too unique", or a new problem to deal with. I just want to be myself.

That being said, thank you so much for even just your advice. I have researched what other people say about Colorado Springs, and I did have a lot of concerns about the corruption with the law enforcement there. People compare El Paso County police to Nazis... and you pretty much just confirmed that belief. Lol, it's just a plant, all this red tape and government approval for something nature already gives us freely is just absolutely ridiculous in my opinion, but I don't make the laws. I also know I technically can't sell it without a license, I plan to get one in the future after becoming more practiced and knowledgeable in the industry. I know I'm not perfect, I only have done 3 harvests, so to a master grower I probably wouldn't even compare, even though I can reach medical quality.

I decided to avoid Denver, like you said, because yeah, I noticed the popularity and growth of the city since legality. I figured, if I move there, everybody in the entire neighborhood will be trying to use the electricity for their grow tents 😂 and the cost of living is just insane. Completely eliminates the purpose of growing.

Not a lot of people recommend Trinidad. I am a victim of armed robbery here in Tennessee, so my spouse and I definitely want to stay away from crime-ridden areas like Pueblo. I'll take a look at the homes around Trinidad, Colorado, and try to find a nice place to start growing while I work my usual 9-5. Again, man, as a 23 yr old dude trying to make it with the gift God has given me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your honest feedback.

Last edited:
C

chiefcalen

if you cant figure it out ,youre prolly wasting your time. There are alot of pot friendly states out there,and no easy answers, Ca is a great state but too expensive,your about 30 years too late, Oregon is a beautiful place, and no one gives a crap if your growing
I am a male but bruh I want to grow because I love it, not because I want to become a drug lord. I know what you mean though, a lot of these kids think weed is going to be "the next big thing" around when it's already been around for centuries. It's just something I truly enjoy that also could happen to bring in an income. Thank you for recommending Oregon, that was an honest and helpful response. I'm not looking to become the next big Tycoon, just want to grow and raise my family peacefully. I don't like dealing with crime and robbers, but at least if what I am doing is legal, I can defend myself more properly.

BigCube

BigCube

Like I said. It's an old boys club. Doesnt matter if you want to join in on someone's venture or start your own. It's not what you know, several people on this website alone have the capital and the knowledge to start their own venture. It's not what you know, its who you know.

C

chiefcalen

Like I said. It's an old boys club. Doesnt matter if you want to join in on someone's venture or start your own. It's not what you know, several people on this website alone have the capital and the knowledge to start their own venture. It's not what you know, its who you know.
Okay, well connect me to the right people to know, or I'm just going to force my way through this life. I only get one. I'm not playing with yall.

BigCube

BigCube

Okay, well connect me to the right people to know, or I'm just going to force my way through this life. I only get one. I'm not playing with yall.
I wish you luck. Ever consider your personality may not be compatible with the buisness? Just a thought, abrasive individuals dont tent to go very far in the buisness I've noticed. Also many of these guys are trying to build a clean trustworthy image. While you think your criminal record is proof of experience, I'm sure it's more of a hindrance than a benefit.

Reactions: TSD
C

chiefcalen

I wish you luck. Ever consider your personality may not be compatible with the buisness? Just a thought, abrasive individuals dont tent to go very far in the buisness I've noticed. Also many of these guys are trying to build a clean trustworthy image. While you think your criminal record is proof of experience, I'm sure it's more of a hindrance than a benefit.
Nah, my personality is completely fine. I proved my quality and experience through photos you can trace back to my technological devices linked to my government accounts, and I am perfectly capable of being kind to others and sharing a passion of growing while doing my best to help others to the best of my abilities. However, I do refuse to be absolutely stepped on by people who completely refuse to even so much as lift a finger to help, resorting instead to living in hopelessness and depression by accepting your defeat. Your mindset is folly, and strength is required to run a business, not just kindness. Thank you for wishing me luck, I do genuinely need it and I'm not afraid to prove my worth out there even if it costs me my life.

C

chiefcalen

But if any of you are a grower born into the industry as part of the "old boys club", I can feel your fear of competition. Know that I'm coming, without a doubt.

C

chiefcalen

P.S. I do enjoy and in fact encourage friendly competition. That's why I like other growers. However, if you're a player trying to keep everyone else out of the game.

Yeah. You deserve what's coming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom