I need MAJOR help (experts weigh in please!)

• Thread starter QuestForZest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuestForZest

QuestForZest

It's a nute burn for sure, top fan leaves are more affected meaning an uptake or absorption of too much of one thing since you were using sulfer more recently I'd say more than likely that's your cause. Either through the roots or through the leaves themselves. Id do a complete wash of just normal water maybe with a small amount of aloe, soil flush and foliage rinse ASAP with twice as much water than normal for first water, let the soil dry one more day than normal than just water normally rest watering then water heavily again and rinse. Just back off the additives to the water for a week or two and repeat watering process, since you're growing organic no need to worry about exesive water too much, the microbes and soil life handle that and actually they prefer moisture in soil rather than drying out periods of soil, but definitely cut the extras in the water for two weeks then resume with smaller doses just to be safe. Hopefully with the ganja gods on your side you garden of weeden will be A OK.
Plants Look beautiful otherwise and I can tell they were heartbreakers before the accident. They'll turn around if you caught it in time so no worries be Happy gowmie Happy growing and hazy harvests my friend. Never give up.

Aloe is the one thing in my garden I am missing because the only source I know that's reliable is buildasoil and it's $75 for one bag. Do you have another suggestion? They have been on a light straight pH'd water diet for the past week (this happened last Friday) Today I am giving them a bit of compost tea. How do you feel about picking the injured leaves off at this point in flower (week 3)? My thoughts are that they are still photosynthesizing..but others have said it's more of a burden on the plant but haven't they been through enough already? Eekkks.

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Aloe is the one thing in my garden I am missing because the only source I know that's reliable is buildasoil and it's $75 for one bag. Do you have another suggestion? They have been on a light straight pH'd water diet for the past week (this happened last Friday) Today I am giving them a bit of compost tea. How do you feel about picking the injured leaves off at this point in flower (week 3)? My thoughts are that they are still photosynthesizing..but others have said it's more of a burden on the plant but haven't they been through enough already? Eekkks.

I wanted to let everyone know that I firmly believe that this was the over spraying of sulfur and application of plant therapy too close together. It did not get worse after I stopped spraying everything. I was fortunate enough to get a decent harvest but I hope Google crawls these images as

"Sulfur burn" "sulfur burn and oil"

Thanks for everyone's input 🤘

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Considering they are outdoors.., have you ever considered pathogens from the "rain water" ?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The thought of Hydrogen Sulfide or any of the other sulfur compounds sounds reasonable, especially if the sulfur and water react, making the Sulfuric Acid. One thing about acids is that they tend to concentrate as they lose water. The evaporating water will concentrate the acids above the original treatment levels, causing it to burn the leaves where it lingers on the leaf. As I mentioned earlier, you will often see damage just to the lower points of the leaves, since the water drains to the lower points of the leaves and gets concentrated as the water evaporates. Burning sulfur doesn't have as much of a chance of burning the leaves, but it can still happen if overdone or over concentrated. FWIW, I think that the action by which sulfur controls pathogens is by making the environment acidic enough to keep pathogens in check, but weak enough so that it doesn't affect the plant's tissues. I could be wrong about the actions, but it makes sense as transpiration from the leaves would be enough to create sulfuric acid from the sulfur fumes. Water soluble sulfur would eliminate the need for the leaf' transpiration, but could be made too strong for some plants. I'm glad to hear that the problem resolved and it wasn't a total loss!

Top Bottom