I Need Pro Advices

• Thread starter dart3z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dart3z

dart3z

Don't waste your time with autos strains or cfl lighting. Here is what good seeds, genetics and a 600 watt mh hps combo can do. I get anywhere from 2 to 3.5oz a plant easily with 4-6 plants under that light at the same time. Strain depending. I only grow indicia and hybrids. No sativas.View attachment 820705 View attachment 820706 View attachment 820707 View attachment 820708 View attachment 820709
Looks nice. last 4 days i also think to buy some mh,hps lights. its much easier to find those kind of lights. But i have very tight space. I really want to know how much heat do this bulbs emmit?

dpro

dpro

Looks nice. last 4 days i also think to buy some mh,hps lights. its much easier to find those kind of lights. But i have very tight space. I really want to know how much heat do this bulbs emmit?
I run a 600watt mh/hps combo, one for veg mh and hps for flowering. Mh is not too hot but the hps does create heat. I bought a complete set that came with mh bulb,hps bulb, dimmable digital ballast good for both bulbs, hanging clips and rope and a glass inclosed hood.This hood has two 6inch hole on either side to cool and vent the heat. If setup correctly and vented correctly, you won't have any problems just good harvests. A 6 inch carbon filter is recommended but not cheap. Hope this helped.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How big is your grow area? If you think heat is going to be an issue you can look at quantum boards or cobs. Lots of ppl here have had great success with both and they run cooler then the options you listed.

Last edited:
dart3z

dart3z

I run a 600watt mh/hps combo, one for veg mh and hps for flowering. Mh is not too hot but the hps does create heat. I bought a complete set that came with mh bulb,hps bulb, dimmable digital ballast good for both bulbs, hanging clips and rope and a glass inclosed hood.This hood has two 6inch hole on either side to cool and vent the heat. If setup correctly and vented correctly, you won't have any problems just good harvests. A 6 inch carbon filter is recommended but not cheap. Hope this helped.
Today i bought 250w hps and mh bulbs. installed them but mh is not bright as cfls. I dont mind odor. Do carbon filters improve buds or its just for odor?

20180806 190137
20180806 225201
20180806 225207
dart3z

dart3z

How big is your grow area? If you think heat is going to be an issue you can look at quantum boards or cobs. Lots of ppl here have had great success with both and they run cooler then the options you listed.
0.6 square metres. It was wardrobe. W:56cm L:100cm H:215cm

dpro

dpro

Today i bought 250w hps and mh bulbs. installed them but mh is not bright as cfls. I dont mind odor. Do carbon filters improve buds or its just for odor?
IM not sure how bright a 250watt is but a 600 watt is super bright plants veg fast. Carbon filters is for the smell only. When growing high end big buds, it should reak! Carbon filters use correctly will kill all smell. Worth the extra cash

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

0.6 square metres. It was wardrobe. W:56cm L:100cm H:215cm
I'm no lighting expert at all so maybe wait for another to answer that, but that 250w puts you close to 40w/sq ft. which I think is not bad. Trying to control the heat (depending on ventilation and source of ventilation) might be a challenge. I think 600w would be way to much for that space but again I am no lighting expert. I seen @sixstring poked his head in here. If you can pick his brain on it you will get very solid advice.

Just to add I think quantum boards or cobs would really shine in a small space like that and lower the potential for heat issues.

dart3z

dart3z

IM not sure how bright a 250watt is but a 600 watt is super bright plants veg fast. Carbon filters is for the smell only. When growing high end big buds, it should reak! Carbon filters use correctly will kill all smell. Worth the extra cash
I am skipping carbon filter. It is too much money. I measured light its 8000 lumen but 315 watt cfl was 30000 lumen at same level. On the box of bulb writes it is emmit more than 300 °C but from 10 cm i dont even fell 50C

dpro

dpro

Are these the ballasts for your lights? If so I hate to tell you that these maybe the problem. Grow specific hps and mh complete kits are higher quality, digital ballasts are fan cooled, dimmable and make your bulbs put out like they should. These kits are not expensive. I paid $300 for 600 watt kit that time after time prodoses anywhere from 15 to 19oz every crop. If I we're you I would take back and look for a 400 watt set. If not try your new set up and see how it goes. If you don't think the mg is bright enough then put plants closer to the light. Plants will react to being under the right spec for veg. Good luck

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am skipping carbon filter. It is too much money. I measured light its 8000 lumen but 315 watt cfl was 30000 lumen at same level. On the box of bulb writes it is emmit more than 300 °C but from 10 cm i dont even fell 50C
If you put it in the closet and run it for 18 hrs then check the temp you will see what I'm talking about. I think most would agree the CMH might be preferable to the 250w mh/hps if the temps can be kept in check. Still think you would benefit most from QB's or Cobs. Hopefully sixstring pops in to help ya is all I can say. As for the carbon filter you can easily make a DIY one cheap for that size grow. Lots of vids on youtube and i'm sure you will find everything you need to do so right here on this forum if you search.

dart3z

dart3z

I'm no lighting expert at all so maybe wait for another to answer that, but that 250w puts you close to 40w/sq ft. which I think is not bad. Trying to control the heat (depending on ventilation and source of ventilation) might be a challenge. I think 600w would be way to much for that space but again I am no lighting expert. I seen @sixstring poked his head in here. If you can pick his brain on it you will get very solid advice.
I did some calculation too.
Are these the ballasts for your lights? If so I hate to tell you that these maybe the problem. Grow specific hps and mh complete kits are higher quality, digital ballasts are fan cooled, dimmable and make your bulbs put out like they should. These kits are not expensive. I paid $300 for 600 watt kit that time after time prodoses anywhere from 15 to 19oz every crop. If I we're you I would take back and look for a 400 watt set. If not try your new set up and see how it goes. If you don't think the mg is bright enough then put plants closer to the light. Plants will react to being under the right spec for veg. Good luck
Its impossible to find that kind of devices here. I can raplece them tomorrow for 400 watt but my grow space is 0.6 square meter it too much think. Thank you

dart3z

dart3z

If you put it in the closet and run it for 18 hrs then check the temp you will see what I'm talking about. I think most would agree the CMH might be preferable to the 250w mh/hps if the temps can be kept in check. Still think you would benefit most from QB's or Cobs. Hopefully sixstring pops in to help ya is all I can say. As for the carbon filter you can easily make a DIY one cheap for that size grow. Lots of vids on youtube and i'm sure you will find everything you need to do so right here on this forum if you search.
I get those new bulbs for 7 dollars each and i paid 35 dollars for whole setup. Its cheaper than my CFL setup. I looked up this bulbs on web its expensive. Already ordered total 120w cree cobs in white,photo red,royal blue colours

Screenshot 20180806 234206 Samsung Internet
Screenshot 20180806 234255 Samsung Internet
scubascrog

scubascrog

Already ordered total 120w cree cobs in white,photo red,royal blue colours

.....noone chimed in with QB's yet? damn.

dpro

dpro

if the mg is only putting 8000 then yes then yes that low. My 600mh puts out 50,000 lumens so very different. Why not use both lights for veg. I am sure your plants will love it.
I did some calculation too.

Its impossible to find that kind of devices here. I can raplece them tomorrow for 400 watt but my grow space is 0.6 square meter it too much think. Thank you
As long as you don't a height resection you will be fine. Grow tents for 400watt setup is only 6 feet tall. Can't grow really tall plants but then again you don't have to. Small topped plants will grow great yeilds. I do recommend venting any heat from grow space. This is just a good growing practise and should always be done.

scubascrog

scubascrog

if the mg is only putting 8000 then yes then yes that low. My 600mh puts out 50,000 lumens so very different. Why not use both lights for veg. I am sure your plants will love it.

As long as you don't a height resection you will be fine. Grow tents for 400watt setup is only 6 feet tall. Can't grow really tall plants but then again you don't have to. Small topped plants will grow great yeilds. I do recommend venting any heat from grow space. This is just a good growing practise and should always be done.

trust me its more than a good growing practice its absolutely required lol unless you are doing a sealed room with dehumidi

dpro

dpro

trust me its more than a good growing practice its absolutely required lol unless you are doing a sealed room with dehumidi
Just harvested some Pink Tahoe grown under my 600 watt. Here are some pics of what it is capable of growing. Im pleased. Not saying it's the.best way just works for me.
IMG 20180806 175235
IMG 20180806 174639
IMG 20180806 174934

Toaster79

Toaster79

I am from TO but I am also French you rasist prick! Are you that small minded that all French are dumb or what? Really ? Not cool

Only a ture rasist dumb ass would laugh at his own rastist comment. As I can see from how much time you have spent on here, you are most likely lonely and have no friends. Sorry gotta go, got lots to do, yes I have a life. Hahahaha

It spells racist not rasist, officer Crabtree ;)

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Prob just a slow strain but the curl on the tips of the leaves tells you too much water. Pick up the pot before the first time you water it when you plant it to get an idea of how heavy it is without water. Then water it and pick it up. Try and shoot for about 80% dry or 20% heavier from what it felt like when it was dry.

Now this will kind of go out the window if its hot as shit outside/room (90f plus or some kind of C for the normal people) and you might have to water a little more as the top of the pot will dry out from evap unless you cover the soil with something like straw ( this is for outside and I just re-read it think you are inside?). As small as that plant is it prob doesnt have roots shooting down to the bottom yet getting water. Over watering will present it self as stunned growth or a nutrient problem. Common mistake when you new.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom