I Need Some Harvesting Advice

• Thread starter nashobaTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I have two plants in ground with both flowering for 8+ weeks and in the harvest window. G13 Haze (small plant) and bud pics, and Skunk XL (tall plant) and bud pics. Loupe shows 95% cloudy trichs and 5% amber. Hoping to get opinions on harvesting. Current weather shows 90% chance rain on Monday and 50% chance on Tuesday. If experts think they’re ready, I’ll chop tomorrow but if some think they have a ways to go, I’ll chop 60% tomorrow and 40% a few days after next rains. Very minimal bud rot cut out as I find it and no PM. 😅

5F541327 50B5 456E BC4C D58EFBA81C83
46B73EB2 34C7 45B9 8C0B F62C5CDD11C5
366C1932 DFF8 411F 9DA9 57AC6C011278
7D035375 A9E7 45E9 905E 4F8FFFABB40B
3958908A 89E4 4D39 AA8D 26AFDFD59B44
8F926AFF 6BEE 43A4 A5EB 42DE895493DE
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Oh no you don’t! This is a call every grower has to make for themselves. No deflecting the responsibility! Lol! Hard to tell from pictures. A few questions to ask yourself. What do the buds stacking underneath look like? The tips are always going to look finished first. Are they good and firm and sticky icky not all soft and Larfy? And where I am at my plants will tell me when to start getting ready by their reek! If I can’t smell them from a good distance away they aren’t going to get whacked. Then there’s the pistols want to see them done all the way up and down the bud, and the trikes maybe as the final determination but I don’t plan on smoking The sugar leaves. Then when she stinks to high heaven the pistols look through, then I quit watering for a week to threaten her and get her to secrete resin to to her buds as a defense mechanism. And consume some of the shit that is stored in the leaves and stalk. Kind of a form of flushing. I know this doesn’t help you much considering where are you are growing but that’s just the way I do it. Fairly simple. This is the time mother nature decides to test the growers nerve. You’re call and good luck! A partial is probably a good idea for you. But where I’m at I’ll go without before I chop early! Lol

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Hey oldchucky, thanks for that straightforward advice. I’ve always harvested before rains if I’m close but based on your harvest conditions, I’ll try to hold off another few days because there’s very little bud rot and no PM. It’s time I give the girls what they always wanted…more growing time. But they are stinking pretty good so they’ll live on at least another 5-7 days. I’ll be checking trichomes throughout the plants. Waiting is the hardest part of growing good buds.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
No doubt! Sorry about the long winded answer but I got a few beers under my belt. A lot of it is depending on the region that you live in. I don’t have rain to worry about so I can abuse her as much as I want. Different story for you, but you didn’t just fall off the turnip truck. You’ll make the right decisions. And like you said, there is nothing wrong with a partial harvest. I’ve never taken the whole plant.I’ll take what I think is done, and start watering again for two or three more weeks if necessary to get the rest to the finish line. Enjoy your harvest!

Top Bottom