I need some help. Nutrient issue

• Thread starter Vapidyne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vapidyne

Vapidyne

Im sure that everyone one asks this question but ive done as much research as i can and i am still without success. What is wrong with my plants? Im growing in mother earth coco with a 150watt mars hydro light. Using dyna-gro Grow and general hydroponics CALiMAGic for nutes. I started giving my plants about an 1/8tsp per gal (recommended by growweedeasy.com) and no calmag. I also ph my water to between 5 and 6 every time. I use city water and had no way to dechlorinate until today. I had major nutrient deficiency issues which i identified by the yellow/light green leaves and even some turning partially brown. (First pic)

so i upped the dose of nutes to a 1/4tsp and started adding calmag which helped for a while. The plants started growing again with new green(er) leaves. But one plant looks like its having another issue. Brown spotting on the inside of the leaf (second pic). No other plant looked as bad as this one but they were still very light green now they are doing much better (third and fourth picture). All the plants greened up after the increase of nutes but this one has me worried. Could i have the wrong nutrients? The NPK ratio on the dyna-gro nutes seems different than what most special made nutes have (lower N). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I need some help nutrient issue
I need some help nutrient issue 2
I need some help nutrient issue 3
I need some help nutrient issue 4
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Try foliar spraying cal mag.
keep that Coco moist. Don’t let it get light and dry.

Vapidyne

Vapidyne

Try foliar spraying cal mag.
keep that Coco moist. Don’t let it get light and dry.
Ive been spraying them with my watering mix every other day or so (dyna-gro and calmag). Seemed to help all the plants very quick. Im afraid of over watering them which i also read can produce similar symptoms to nute deficiency. But i will try to get all the coco damp when i water next. What do you think the issue is?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Coco always needs to be moist or you will have issues. I water daily. I’m in 7-10gal.
others in smaller pots with coco will water much much more.
give small amounts of nutrients daily and increase as they get bigger.

growsince79

growsince79

Im sure that everyone one asks this question but ive done as much research as i can and i am still without success. What is wrong with my plants? Im growing in mother earth coco with a 150watt mars hydro light. Using dyna-gro Grow and general hydroponics CALiMAGic for nutes. I started giving my plants about an 1/8tsp per gal (recommended by growweedeasy.com) and no calmag. I also ph my water to between 5 and 6 every time. I use city water and had no way to dechlorinate until today. I had major nutrient deficiency issues which i identified by the yellow/light green leaves and even some turning partially brown. (First pic)

so i upped the dose of nutes to a 1/4tsp and started adding calmag which helped for a while. The plants started growing again with new green(er) leaves. But one plant looks like its having another issue. Brown spotting on the inside of the leaf (second pic). No other plant looked as bad as this one but they were still very light green now they are doing much better (third and fourth picture). All the plants greened up after the increase of nutes but this one has me worried. Could i have the wrong nutrients? The NPK ratio on the dyna-gro nutes seems different than what most special made nutes have (lower N). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
You probably don't need cal mag. Use 1/2 tsp/g dynagrow. Water slowly to runoff and wait about three days and see if they need water.

Vapidyne

Vapidyne

Coco always needs to be moist or you will have issues. I water daily. I’m in 7-10gal.
others in smaller pots with coco will water much much more.
give small amounts of nutrients daily and increase as they get bigger.
Ok. I just put about 1gal on all my plants in order to get all the coco wet. Whats the best thing to use/ways to water so that im not making craters with my big water jug? I think one if those sprayers you can get from home depot would be perfect but i feel like there must be some way without spending that extra dough. If thats the only good way to water i might get one though.

Vapidyne

Vapidyne

You probably don't need cal mag. Use 1/2 tsp/g dynagrow. Water slowly to runoff and wait about three days and see if they need water.
From what i read about growing in coco, calmag seems to be a necessity or at least beneficial. Coco not containing micronutrients is one of the things i saw. At the very least i have it and i doubt is harming them lol.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Gotta water slow. Real slow. Especially when their babies.
I use a pump that sits in res tank. Connected to poly line. I hand pinch line to slow the flow.
pretty cheap to set up for hand watering. Don’t have to reach deep in and break back at every watering.
if you container water just pour slow.

Vapidyne

Vapidyne

Gotta water slow. Real slow. Especially when their babies.
I use a pump that sits in res tank. Connected to poly line. I hand pinch line to slow the flow.
pretty cheap to set up for hand watering. Don’t have to reach deep in and break back at every watering.
if you container water just pour slow.
Correction. if you're growing in coco they say water every day. Coco based potting soils can be watered like soil.
I will up the amount of nutes i use from now on and water everyday. Thank you so much guys. Happy growing 🤙🏻

Latest posts

Top Bottom