I need Some Veg/Flowering Help Please

• Thread starter Kenneth_64
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kenneth_64

Hello , Im looking for a little help please first time grower from Virginia so be gentle . Here is my Delima. I started my seeds on Feb 1 this year . they have always been a 16/8 light schedule . Up until now all is well .I am needing to transplant outdoors.

My plan is to do it June 1 even tho the longest day of the year is June June 21, 1 I think it is . on June 1, I will have 15.5 hours or daylight will my plants go directly in flower ? If so what are my options .. They have outgrown my tent and I have them in basement currently .. But cannot flower them there due to the smell.. suggestion please ? thanks in Advance

jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi

Hello , Im looking for a little help please first time grower from Virginia so be gentle . Here is my Delima. I started my seeds on Feb 1 this year . they have always been a 16/8 light schedule . Up until now all is well .I am needing to transplant outdoors.

My plan is to do it June 1 even tho the longest day of the year is June June 21, 1 I think it is . on June 1, I will have 15.5 hours or daylight will my plants go directly in flower ? If so what are my options .. They have outgrown my tent and I have them in basement currently .. But cannot flower them there due to the smell.. suggestion please ? thanks in Advance

They will flower when then get less hours of sun, so later in the summer or 12/12. Have you topped/fimmed or tied down those long branches? Also expect more growth when you switch to 12 hours light.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Strain dependent. May flower now when you put them out, or they may not.
Testing plants for outdoor is kind of my thing so how many plants do you have? All same strain? Do you like this particular smoke and wanna be able to grow it again? If so then put one plant out now and see what happens.

K

Kenneth_64

Strain dependent. May flower now when you put them out, or they may not.
Testing plants for outdoor is kind of my thing so how many plants do you have? All same strain? Do you like this particular smoke and wanna be able to grow it again? If so then put one plant out now and see what happens.
OG Kush , Yes I first topped at the 5th node when they were younger and Have since topped them again they are about 4.5 feet tall so far .I guess the biggest question I have is will 1/2 hour or so trigger flowering and in 21 days more the days get shorter naturally .

TheShortAnswer

TheShortAnswer

Should be OK to go outdoors now, days are getting longer and daylight is 14.12 hours (5/15 - I looked up Richmond, VA). Plants should stay in veg until late July/early August.

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

OG Kush , Yes I first topped at the 5th node when they were younger and Have since topped them again they are about 4.5 feet tall so far .I guess the biggest question I have is will 1/2 hour or so trigger flowering and in 21 days more the days get shorter naturally .
I do the same thing every year here in Michigan. It’s never been an issue for me, I think the intensity of the sun might help encourage them to stay in veg even though they at receiving less overall hours of daylight. Good luck! 🍀

Top Bottom