i need space - is she done enough?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
This gives me space now to put the other 2 veg plants into flower, and transplant the six seedlings FINALLY LOL. into the one gals and fill the veg tent back up.
gunna have to start more seeds here soon probably? Getting busy in here now, damn!

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Congrats @CosmoGrows nice job looks good!
thanks mimed!!! i appreciate all your help on this grow!

hey guys, how about this girl? another day or two? the other nugs i looked at that i couldnt gwt a steady picture had VERY dark amber trichomes.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

thanks mimed!!! i appreciate all your help on this grow!

hey guys, how about this girl? another day or two? the other nugs i looked at that i couldnt gwt a steady picture had VERY dark amber trichomes.
View attachment 954279

As long as she is done growing you got all cloudy with some amber here and there. Perfect!

The thing many dont realize is with new calyx growth comes new clear trichomes. So waiting can bring much more potency and complexity of canabanoids.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That looks dead ripe to me! Or pretty darn close, I like 5% clear & 5% amber (the 5/5 rule), well I like all cloudy and 5% Amber but I usually chop when I get into the 5/5 rule zone

Making room and holding plants back is the single biggest problem I have Cosmo, so you're not alone and it only gets worse LOL

Nice job, it's been fun following along, hope to see more pictures and hear the smoke report soon!

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

CG - just chiming in a bit late on the light situation.

Far from ideal, but in a pinch moving all of your higher powered LED's to the flower tent, and scaring up some cheap florescent shop lights from thrift stores, Craigslist, Fbook Marketplace, etc., to use temporarily in your veg tent would be one immediate and super cheap solution. You might get away with spending just $5-10 bucks on some crummy but functional fixtures.

Florescent lights are obviously less efficient, but gals veg really well with them, albeit somewhat slower, which could actually be really helpful if you have a bit of a log jam currently at the flowering stage.

They could also help provide a little flexibility in the long run. My space also is quite modest, but includes basically three grow areas. One clone/seedling space that isn't perfectly light tight (not a big deal at that stage) under 5500 T-5's. It's just a little cabinet fashioned from one of those kitchen island things you can get at places like Big Lots, this one was free on the side of the road. One 2x2 veg tent with a white LED (from a manufacturer that will remain unnamed), and one 3x4(ish) flowering space in the back of a closet under a couple of 180 watt ES-180's from The Green Sunshine Company (pricey, but awesome lights). What I especially like about the 3-space setup is the flexibility of using the middle/veg area also as a temporary flowering space if necessary of the neat flow from clone to flower gets interrupted by a longer-than-expected flowering pheno.

In any event, great grow, and thanks for the thread!

Vesti

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Also, CG, I see a poster in one of your pics from an old Allman Bros/Dead show at Watkins Glen - My first couple of jobs were in WG. I love the NY Finger Lakes area.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Hey guys! sorry its been a minute, man this flu is making my shipping job fucking nuts. STOP BUYING ALL THE FUCKING TP LOL WTF. hahaha anyways.
Harvest has been nice, the phone is charging, as always because its stupid, so im unable to grab pictures of my current dry setup. i do have a small tent hanging with a bunch of branches on the inside, and then i have a clothes line type deal running across my bedroom lol. Its a pretty ghetto setup but i really dont have any other ideas on how to dry this stuff in a better environment, im keeping my bedroom at 40% humidity and roughly 69-72 degrees.

As long as she is done growing you got all cloudy with some amber here and there. Perfect!

The thing many dont realize is with new calyx growth comes new clear trichomes. So waiting can bring much more potency and complexity of canabanoids.

You pointed this out the other day and DAMN it made a difference, i noticed exactly what youre saying, it bulked right up and i noticed a difference when she was completely finished compared to when she just very first got cloudy trichs. when she first got cloudy trichs, she wasnt ready and now i can tell by those calyxs. i get it now lol.

CG - just chiming in a bit late on the light situation.

Far from ideal, but in a pinch moving all of your higher powered LED's to the flower tent, and scaring up some cheap florescent shop lights from thrift stores, Craigslist, Fbook Marketplace, etc., to use temporarily in your veg tent would be one immediate and super cheap solution. You might get away with spending just $5-10 bucks on some crummy but functional fixtures.

Florescent lights are obviously less efficient, but gals veg really well with them, albeit somewhat slower, which could actually be really helpful if you have a bit of a log jam currently at the flowering stage.

They could also help provide a little flexibility in the long run. My space also is quite modest, but includes basically three grow areas. One clone/seedling space that isn't perfectly light tight (not a big deal at that stage) under 5500 T-5's. It's just a little cabinet fashioned from one of those kitchen island things you can get at places like Big Lots, this one was free on the side of the road. One 2x2 veg tent with a white LED (from a manufacturer that will remain unnamed), and one 3x4(ish) flowering space in the back of a closet under a couple of 180 watt ES-180's from The Green Sunshine Company (pricey, but awesome lights). What I especially like about the 3-space setup is the flexibility of using the middle/veg area also as a temporary flowering space if necessary of the neat flow from clone to flower gets interrupted by a longer-than-expected flowering pheno.

In any event, great grow, and thanks for the thread!

Vesti

@Vesti Bule Doesnt matter when and where on my thread! Im always down for late opinions on a situation i have going on. I still have the light just sitting here in pieces lol. I did get my new quantum boards in the mail. Ill grab some pics shortly. I got the HLG 288s for 49 a piece. i grabbed two. I want the ES300s so fucking bad but i cant currently afford those. They do finance tho lol. I was going to check out craigslist and stuff but nowadays, i just dont trust people. :\
I do have a t5 Fixture from..... some company thats fairly big named, i actually just found this like a couple days ago jammed in my closet. i forgot i even had it. I need to get bulbs for it.

I highly appreciate your input!!

Also, CG, I see a poster in one of your pics from an old Allman Bros/Dead show at Watkins Glen - My first couple of jobs were in WG. I love the NY Finger Lakes area.

LOL! Im from the finger lakes region in Ny, i grew up in rochester, and moved to colorado. Visited watkins glen ALOT myself, its funny, this poster is probably from before i was around man, im a fairly young 24 year old. I wasnt around back in that day but i do know allllll about the allman bros. That was the reason why i grabbed it from the thrift shop. A good little reminder of home hahaha. And it was like 2 bucks to make the grow look that much more dope? cant pass it up.

Hahaha, small world!

Congrats Cosmo!!!

Hey theyre not as big of nuggets as you grew on your auto! you killed that thing bro!... not literally. you killed it in a good way. LOL.
Anyways, appreciate it! Running full on perpetually now!

Up early for 5am transplants lol. Got 2 girls hitting flower today with the 2 girls coming out.

..... Wait i have 3 girls left in the veg tent? I didnt even realize i had 3 left.... This is getting out of hand... LOL.

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

@CosmoGrows Small world indeed! I grew up outside of Elmira, and currently not far at all from Roch.

Yea, the ES lights are expensive, and I've begun to wonder what sense there is in paying top dollar for cutting edge LED tech at at time when it is changing so quickly. The Green Sunshine Company is a really accessible and responsive to questions, the build quality is incredibly good, and I really am glad to have them.

What is annoying is that I splurged on these at a time when I had a little extra cash from some temporary work with the idea that I would use them for their 50-60,000 hours (8 years ish), but then a year later they are selling an upgrade kit - honestly, how much better can they be? 3%? 5%? Ok, so let's say I bite on the upgrade (runs about $120 for each 180, not sure about the 300's). That's another $240+ in the hole for my two 180's, and then what do I do with the old (perfectly good) light strips? A couple of drivers and heat sinks could put them back in use, but then we're talking even more money....it just never ends.

I'm currently planning to expand with a couple of 240watt Kingbrites, and can't wait to compare results.

Keep up the good work!

HighestCut

HighestCut

@CosmoGrows i guess you have been busy harvesting, but do you have any updates for us? :)

Top Bottom