I Organic Soil ph disaster l

• Thread starter carrerahype
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
carrerahype

carrerahype

Hi guys !

Right , I have run into a bit of a situation and I’d like some peoples opinion on this. I am new to organics but that being said ,I have been buying and using on my current run , dry feed from livingsoils uk,now the grow was steady all the way up until I fed the bloom2 and then my plants started to yellow ,severely. I test the soil condition of my 9 plants that were cannibalising themselves ,and the ph was at 4.9 to 5.6.. which is clearly why the yellowing was so bad. Now I spoke to the people at livingsoils and asked them if they use dolomite lime in their feeds and they said they do ,in the Grow and bloom ,but not the bloom2 … now ,I just do not understand why they wouldn’t use a ph stabiliser in their bloom2…. And they’re excuse was that I have nitrogen toxicity and that I need to flush them…. And they sent me out free worm castings,oddly enough. And they said they would send me some dolomite lime also . They also said that they will look into incorporating lime into their bloom 2…. So I think they have got this issue coming up a lot with their customers for them to say that ,they must have . I might add that Bio bizz ph up wouldn’t even work on this bloom2 stuff when i let it sit in water for 24hours , the crap was fighting hard to drop in ph ,and that is that. Got to ask people out there ,has anyone in the uk that reads this post tried Dr forest nutrients at all? Or does anyone know of a good source to buy ready mixed dry feed 444/284 etc in the uk? Or maybe somone knows of a good way to learn to make your own feed from organics? Looking forward to your ideas here guys .
Mike

I organic soil ph disaster l
I organic soil ph disaster l 2
I organic soil ph disaster l 3
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hey Mike,
Organics are the easiest way to grow. Once you set it up, it's nothing more than watering when needed. No feeds of any kind. Maybe an occasional tea to boost terps.
I've helped a few in the UK, but I forget all the equivilents to what we use.

Nitrogen toxicity my butt. Feed them.

Tell me how you did your soil.

carrerahype

carrerahype

Hey Mike,
Organics are the easiest way to grow. Once you set it up, it's nothing more than watering when needed. No feeds of any kind. Maybe an occasional tea to boost terps.
I've helped a few in the UK, but I forget all the equivilents to what we use.

Nitrogen toxicity my butt. Feed them.

Tell me how you did your soil.
Hi buddie ,
My soil was done up with bio bizz light mix , I mixed in ‘grow’ veg nutes (from livingsoils and a small amount of barley and worm casting,perlite.
I didn’t add lime at the start . I might not have these issues if I did. Everything was fine until I moved onto the bloom2 . They have grow ,bloom,bloom2 . And only the bloom2 doesn’t have dolomite lime in it ,so maybe that’s the reason my ph crashed . Iv been feeding them loads of worm castings every week ,and bloom2 and microbial instant teas . I’m sure it’s a lockout of ph issue

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hi buddie ,
My soil was done up with bio bizz light mix , I mixed in ‘grow’ veg nutes (from livingsoils and a small amount of barley and worm casting,perlite.
I didn’t add lime at the start . I might not have these issues if I did. Everything was fine until I moved onto the bloom2 . They have grow ,bloom,bloom2 . And only the bloom2 doesn’t have dolomite lime in it ,so maybe that’s the reason my ph crashed . Iv been feeding them loads of worm castings every week ,and bloom2 and microbial instant teas . I’m sure it’s a lockout of ph issue
I'm almost positive it's pH.

Top dress in some lime and water with BioBizz. That will help reset the soil, but you're going to have to amend it before doing anything else with it.

carrerahype

carrerahype

I'm almost positive it's pH.

Top dress in some lime and water with BioBizz. That will help reset the soil, but you're going to have to amend it before doing anything else with it.
I’m only using bio bizz’s soil with only dry nutrients from living soils ,although I do have bio bizz liquid nutrients here though left over from last run . What do you mean water with bio bizz? Also, do you think maybe mixing lime with water to penetrate the soil faster ,would be beneficial? And then also lightly adding it to the top?

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
If you have a lot of peat in your soil that’s why your pH keeps dropping so much I would guess. Its bad enough just because where it comes from but also you have to add so much other stuff to keep it from lowering your pH to the point, there is ~no reason to use it in the first place.

I had a mix with a lot of peat in it and now it’s not mich peat left (sub 20%), can’t even tell there is any and the pH stopped dropping. Either that or play with limestone forever I think.

Peat is just terrible all around.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I have to second @ComfortablyNumb — there is nothing remotely close to N toxicity going on here - just the opposite. It sounds like the customer service people are complete clowns.

Is this solution bringing your soil pH down to 4.9, or is the solution, itself, 4.9? Has a soil pH been taken?

carrerahype

carrerahype

I have to second @ComfortablyNumb — there is nothing remotely close to N toxicity going on here - just the opposite. It sounds like the customer service people are complete clowns.

Is this solution bringing your soil pH down to 4.9, or is the solution, itself, 4.9? Has a soil pH been taken?
I was thinking the same , Iv lost all faith in my supplier , I don’t even know how they are capable of getting a nutrient line off the ground . The few people Iv spoken to havent a clue …. The powdered nutrient has been dragging ph down . So I put their nutrients(bloom2) (which they left the lime out of for some reason and haven’t bothered using any bio char) or any ph stabilisers,I put it in water over night and sure enough the ph dropped dramatically.
Iv made a mix of 1table spoon of instant action lime pellets that I pulverised in blender, some rock dust , worm castings , bloom 2 ,Epsom salt bit of barley and mixed it with fresh soil and scratched it into the surface . I’m gunna wash all that down with bio fish mix and instant microbe tea granules. If that doesn’t work then Iv got a over feeding type lockout and Iv made it worse aka FUCKED.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I was thinking the same , Iv lost all faith in my supplier , I don’t even know how they are capable of getting a nutrient line off the ground . The few people Iv spoken to havent a clue …. The powdered nutrient has been dragging ph down . So I put their nutrients(bloom2) (which they left the lime out of for some reason and haven’t bothered using any bio char) or any ph stabilisers,I put it in water over night and sure enough the ph dropped dramatically.
Iv made a mix of 1table spoon of instant action lime pellets that I pulverised in blender, some rock dust , worm castings , bloom 2 ,Epsom salt bit of barley and mixed it with fresh soil and scratched it into the surface . I’m gunna wash all that down with bio fish mix and instant microbe tea granules. If that doesn’t work then Iv got a over feeding type lockout and Iv made it worse aka FUCKED.
Leave out the Epsom salt and the Bloom 2. That will help prevent over feeding.

carrerahype

carrerahype

If you have a lot of peat in your soil that’s why your pH keeps dropping so much I would guess. Its bad enough just because where it comes from but also you have to add so much other stuff to keep it from lowering your pH to the point, there is ~no reason to use it in the first place.

I had a mix with a lot of peat in it and now it’s not mich peat left (sub 20%), can’t even tell there is any and the pH stopped dropping. Either that or play with limestone forever I think.

Peat is just terrible all around.
Oh really. It’s bio bizz light soil ,And it contains white peat and black peat in it. I think Along with that peat and the fact that the bloom 2 has no char or lime in ,I think then that is what has caused this issue then… Which store bought soil or coco would you suggest?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You are not going to see improvement except in new growth and the only growth you should be getting is flower stacking, so it will be hard to know just whats happening for a bit. Unless it starts to crash and burn, you should be Ok after this.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Oh really. It’s bio bizz light soil ,And it contains white peat and black peat in it. I think Along with that peat and the fact that the bloom 2 has no char or lime in ,I think then that is what has caused this issue then… Which store bought soil or coco would you suggest?
We use LUSH with Recharge and Fish Sh!T and we amend with Earth Dust.
You can see it all with links on our thread.

SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4 | THCFarmer

carrerahype

carrerahype

You are not going to see improvement except in new growth and the only growth you should be getting is flower stacking, so it will be hard to know just whats happening for a bit. Unless it starts to crash and burn, you should be Ok after this.
Yeah I was thinking the same ,hopefully it just doesn’t get any worst . I have noticed already though ,that fruity smell increasing . Half of the crop is Barney’s blue gelato in there and anything gelato has a distinctive beautiful fruity smell to it ,and I can say that smell has increased a lot. ‘Live and learn’ I won’t see myself coming into this issue again from what Iv learned . I’m so used to bottled nutrients and never come across this issue before . It’s Just a shame that this lesson has come at the expense of 9 fully grown plants …🤣 hopefully I will salvage something from it,aye.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The fact that the smell is getting stronger is good. The terps are still increasing, so the rest should be as well.
It's going to look bad but still produce. You should get some good smoke from it.

carrerahype

carrerahype

We use LUSH with Recharge and Fish Sh!T and we amend with Earth Dust.
You can see it all with links on our thread.

SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4 | THCFarmer
Could you send me
The fact that the smell is getting stronger is good. The terps are still increasing, so the rest should be as well.
It's going to look bad but still produce. You should get some good smoke from it.
Could you send me the link for those products,please ? I click on your profile and it’s saying “oops we ran into some problems “

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We mix it all together and let it 'cook' for a week, 2 is better before planting.

LUSH

Sticky Icky

Recharge

Fish Sh!T

Earth Dust

Last edited:
Top Bottom