I panicked and bought lacewings but I have no pests. Will they be harmful with nothing to do?

• Thread starter Dadtallica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dadtallica

Dadtallica

So long story short I thought I had some imminent pest problem happening and I panicked and bought bugs.

After a whole lot of sleuthing around the web and bugging everyone here and on Reddit, I finally came to the conclusion that it’s just a harmless secretion. I’ve been pretty lucky to have a clean environment, and optimal conditions with no pests. I put a fly strip my tent two months ago and the only thing stuck to it is German Shepherd hair.

So here I am with a fresh unopened package of 1000 lacewing eggs. What do I do with them? Will they do any damage if they have nothing to eat or will they just end up dying? If so I can just use them in my outside garden so they don’t go to waste.

Anyone need some bugs?

(Six plants, 58/53 days and F10)

I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 2
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 3
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 4
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 5
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 6
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 7
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 8
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

they will not damage the plants, i love them, put them in your garden for sure. I keep some on my house plants. i see a few of the eggs every so often. the eggs are on a small thread hanging on a leaf

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

they will not damage the plants, i love them, put them in your garden for sure. I keep some on my house plants. i see a few of the eggs every so often. the eggs are on a small thread hanging on a leaf
I waited to long and forgot and they all hatched inside the bag and died. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I felt so bad so I bought more that are on the way and I’m going to put them in my veggie garden.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

they eat more then lady bugs. i release both in my greenhouse every summer. This year i am getting lady bug food. Spray it on the plants and the stay around and reproduce. That way if aphids show up the lady bugs are in full swing

Latest posts

Top Bottom