I panicked and bought lacewings but I have no pests. Will they be harmful with nothing to do?

• Thread starter Dadtallica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dadtallica

Dadtallica

So long story short I thought I had some imminent pest problem happening and I panicked and bought bugs.

After a whole lot of sleuthing around the web and bugging everyone here and on Reddit, I finally came to the conclusion that it’s just a harmless secretion. I’ve been pretty lucky to have a clean environment, and optimal conditions with no pests. I put a fly strip my tent two months ago and the only thing stuck to it is German Shepherd hair.

So here I am with a fresh unopened package of 1000 lacewing eggs. What do I do with them? Will they do any damage if they have nothing to eat or will they just end up dying? If so I can just use them in my outside garden so they don’t go to waste.

Anyone need some bugs?

(Six plants, 58/53 days and F10)

I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 2
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 3
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 4
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 5
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 6
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 7
I panicked and bought lacewings but i have no pests will they be harmful with nothing to do 8
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

they will not damage the plants, i love them, put them in your garden for sure. I keep some on my house plants. i see a few of the eggs every so often. the eggs are on a small thread hanging on a leaf

Dadtallica

Dadtallica

they will not damage the plants, i love them, put them in your garden for sure. I keep some on my house plants. i see a few of the eggs every so often. the eggs are on a small thread hanging on a leaf
I waited to long and forgot and they all hatched inside the bag and died. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I felt so bad so I bought more that are on the way and I’m going to put them in my veggie garden.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

they eat more then lady bugs. i release both in my greenhouse every summer. This year i am getting lady bug food. Spray it on the plants and the stay around and reproduce. That way if aphids show up the lady bugs are in full swing

Top Bottom