I pull 1.5 lbs per 1kw with the UC

• Thread starter reggiebaseball
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

Thanks for the replies.
I do not sell growing systems.

I was not sure what the "benefit" of the UC was, that is why I started this thread. Apparently it takes a step (or three) backwards from simpler hydro systems in terms of yield, adds complexity and greater opportunities for failure, while providing the benefit or a more intimate hobbyist experience and fewer plants. The hobbyist does not care if a run blows up, does not mind if his yield to power consumption is poor- it is his hobby.

This is fine, I get it now. I initially had hoped that the new RDWC would open the door to greater yields and be a more efficient method of growing. It clearly is not.

I appreciate your replies.

I think you might have over looked that it isnt all about GPW, In some cases its pounds per plant. Given the choice I would grow 100= plants in coco. I only flower 8 plants and like to have large yields with a low plant count. I grew these in a diy 20 gallon uc with a 5 week veg. Same can be done with the blue buckets..

2_5_lb.jpg

IMG_07041.JPG

My best run was 1.65 gpw with room for improvement
If their is a better way to pull 2.5lb plants I am all ears...

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Thanks for the replies.

I was not sure what the "benefit" of the UC was, that is why I started this thread. Apparently it takes a step (or three) backwards from simpler hydro systems in terms of yield, adds complexity and greater opportunities for failure, while providing the benefit or a more intimate hobbyist experience and fewer plants. The hobbyist does not care if a run blows up, does not mind if his yield to power consumption is poor- it is his hobby.

This is fine, I get it now. I initially had hoped that the new RDWC would open the door to greater yields and be a more efficient method of growing. It clearly is not.

How bad did you fail that your this butt hurt?

T

turboz

For all those who have had a bad experience with UC, or any other hydro setup for that matter, do you know why your run failed?
Meaning:
What temp was your water at?
What was your dissolved oxygen levels at?
What ec/ppm were you running your nutes at?

I often see people try a hydro setup, fail at it, or get very poor yields compared to what they did before, and never really figure out what they did or didnt do to eff it up.

Going back to soil/coco/ebb flow eliminates some of the variables you have to keep very close control of,..... and the potential for the maximum yield (given the same light/co2).

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Thanks for the replies.

Is this guy for real?? :dull

R

reggiebaseball

Why so hostile?

We don't all have the time to write --let alone to read -- 69 page treatises on nutrient profiles and cloning techniques all day on the interweb.

I asked UC owners how they were pulling and how often they blew up,
You guys have mediocre to average yields and blow up often - confirmed.

Gettogro has awesome looking plants, but ten days ago in his own journal he was going to scrap his whole run due to root rot. Several days, hundreds of dollars in potions, and after a 27 step tea brewing process, he MAY have saved his run. He's been doing this for a while, yet he still sees the UC as a constant "educational process" that he may find interesting but I do not have the time for. This is the story I see often with the UC.

I hear vague "UC rocks" "Your plants are awesome" "2gpw is the new standard", but the actual results you can demonstrate are inferior to ebb and grow systems or individual bubble buckets!

I understand that people who spend inordinate amounts of time at something, or large sums of money on something, have a bias towards thinking it is great. In that regard the UC should satisfy you tremendously.

For those of you on the fence, I hope this thread is illustrative.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
wow.

Reggie, you are acting like a little bit of a turd, speaking from 0 XP.

You should try a DIY UC or RDWC, and see how you like it personally, instead of basing all of your decisions on other peoples experiences. You can alweays do a single plant site, and run some easy soil next to it so you can at least harvest some meds (if you make it to harvest considering mites, RA's, PM, etc.. are all players in the game as well)

EVERY system, including coco, soil, DWC, RDWC, ebb/flo, NFT... system, media, whatever...

TAKES TIME TO DIAL IN. NOT TO MENTION RESULTS ARE STRAIN SPECIFIC.

Hydro offers great results, but sterility and diligence is key. Without that, you are bound to shit the bed at some point.

turbo14

turbo14

Whoa... this guy needs a lesson in hydroponic gardening...

What is the most important factor in hydroponic gardening?

Oxygen, more importantly in water culture.. dissolved oxygen..

What does this have to do with plant growth and yield in a under current or any other deep water culture system?

Plain and simple... Plants are irrigated 24/7 with FOOD... The reason that they are able to uptake this amount of nutrients is the massive amounts of dissolved oxygen.. Essentially, since the plants are able to uptake this amount of food this frequently makes them act as if they were on "steroids"

Any decent strain - Vegged 5 Weeks and flipped.

Ionic Bloom
Ionic Boost
Awesome Blossom
Sugar Daddy
Zone
Cal-Mag.
Pythoff

Root zone temperatures most be kept in check, if you aren't using a chiller with this system... expect root rot.

G

gettogro

Why so hostile?

We don't all have the time to write --let alone to read -- 69 page treatises on nutrient profiles and cloning techniques all day on the interweb.

I asked UC owners how they were pulling and how often they blew up,
You guys have mediocre to average yields and blow up often - confirmed.

Gettogro has awesome looking plants, but ten days ago in his own journal he was going to scrap his whole run due to root rot. Several days, hundreds of dollars in potions, and after a 27 step tea brewing process, he MAY have saved his run. He's been doing this for a while, yet he still sees the UC as a constant "educational process" that he may find interesting but I do not have the time for. This is the story I see often with the UC.

I hear vague "UC rocks" "Your plants are awesome" "2gpw is the new standard", but the actual results you can demonstrate are inferior to ebb and grow systems or individual bubble buckets!

I understand that people who spend inordinate amounts of time at something, or large sums of money on something, have a bias towards thinking it is great. In that regard the UC should satisfy you tremendously.

For those of you on the fence, I hope this thread is illustrative.

I personaly think you would be better off finding your self a caregiver or a drug dealer for your pot, cuz you obviously dont want to put in the time or effort to learn how to grow for yourself. Some people like the challenge and satisfaction from growing that is hard to match from other occupations. I personally like a curve ball every once and a while to keep me on my toes. If I only had to read 60 pages of forum info to be a sucessfull grower I would get board and move on. I once was at a hydro shop and was complaining that I had a bad string of PH meters, and the employee said "why dont you just buy some dirt and be done with it" , I paused for a second and said" If it were only that easy" maybe it is, but 2 years later he is still selling dirt.....I wouldnt know cuz Im not a quiter. Not only did I save my grow, but my knowlage of growing has grown 10 fold in the past year.

Here is a 4 foot wifi i I just flipped yesterday. While I did hit some speedbumps along the way. Low plant counts and high yields, RDWC is deff the way to go .

Bla Bla Bla
SANY00235.JPG
SANY00224.JPG
SANY00255.JPG
SANY00216.JPG
SANY00203.JPG
SANY00244.JPG

BTW just having a new addition to the family
Here is the best purchase I have made in the past few weeks.

SANY00195.JPG

People like us putting in work and reading thousands and thousands posts doing the trial and error, pave the way for people to follow. Everything I have learned about growing has come from forums like this and I am very thankfull for the people before me that I have learned from. If you dont like hydroponics or dont want to learn, step aside butch...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
People like us putting in work and reading thousands and thousands posts doing the trial and error, pave the way for people to follow. Everything I have learned about growing has come from forums like this and I am very thankfull for the people before me that I have learned from. If you dont like hydroponics or dont want to learn, step aside butch...

Thats what im talkin about, preach on my brutha, I can not even imagine how many tens of thousands of pages I have read in persuit of excellence in this labor of love...

Im not a gpw guy either, lbs per plant, yield per total square footage, or yeild per light is a way more a usefull and profitable number to track

Tex

C

catchafish

I am the type of person who needs to do something to learn it. My first run was a complete loss with only 2 weeks left. My second run was ok, but this run is going to be the best yet. I credit it to first and for most, not being a quitter and secondly reading the "60"+ (more like 600) pages of journals. It sounds like Reggie has an initiative problem. Take the initiative to do better and things will change for you. If you continue to allow people to do all the work than you will never be at the front of the pack and your cries will fall on def ears...

just my .02

PS getto, congrats on all 3: recover on the rot (them roots look excellent), clean and stellar grow, and mostly on the addition to your fam...

M

mrdizzle

it really boils down to the amount of budsites underneath that light

1.5a light is the ends, the UC is a possible means, that pretty much sums up this thread

many ways to skin a cat, its riskier than coco but vegges 2-3x as fast, depends what your after

personally I dont mind a little extra veg time myself to not have to deal with water as a medium, dealt with a similar situation as gettogro and decided I couldnt risk crop failure when Im paying $3000 a month rent

vince vega

vince vega

I'm also wondering about the UC and whether it was my best bet. Thats where all similarities to this ass-hat end.
rufkm? You read all the threads I have. You know the answer to your question before you asked us to "confirm". The system is supercharged growing...things happen fast good and bad. If your in this as a hobby it might be too much for you to handle. But you knew that... you asked a question you knew the answer to, interpreted the answers to back up your coward-ass decision and then attacked Dessertsquirrel for pointing out all the foolishness. Reading your bs is like listening to my ex-wife, the diff being I can't kill you and bury you in the garden. lol
What makes you a giant d-bag is that having gathered this information from others via their 60 page threads you then attempt to belittle one of the most generous of them for supplying you with said info.
You have fucked with the wrong squirrel shit-stick. I'm appalled.
People like jack, Ben, TK, DS ucmenow... many more... these guys spend a ton of time sharing their hard-earned knowledge. Something you have no stomach for...not the hard-earned or the knowledge itself. wtf, you have the knowledge thanks to these cats. The UC is too much for you. No prob, now act on that and be thankful you hesitant ingrate. They saved you some coin and frustration.
ok...now on the uc... inho, via info I've gathered... it veges fast enough to pay for itself over a couple of rounds. It requires a chiller and mellow ec-ppm... it requires attention to detail and seems like a mind-blowing good time.
Anyone ridiculing the generosity that they have already taken advantage of should be banned. Can I get a show of hands on that simple rule of civility?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Damn reggie is right. His total absence of pics, evidence, logic, or ability to follow an argument really set me strait.

I should throw this all away.

IMGP4342
IMGP4382
IMGP4445
1IMGP4652
1IMGP4730
greendreams

greendreams

Is there any benefits of growing in a grow tent versus building a room and wrapping it with mylar material?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Is there any benefits of growing in a grow tent versus building a room and wrapping it with mylar material?

I would say being able 2 close shop & get ghost like nuthing ever happened in that room is 1 benefit of using a tent.. Other then that it's almost the same thing

Latest posts

Top Bottom