I put a clone in the garden

• Thread starter gabanzo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gabanzo

I put a clone in the outdoor garden 8 days ago. It looks stunted. I put another clone outdoors in a pot with miracle grow potting soil and nothing else it is almost twice as big. The plant in the garden is starting to turn purple. Please help.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Two different soils, two different results! Doesn’t sound too surprising! Two different environments for the roots!

G

gabanzo

Maybe. I've been doing this for a while and I've never seen purple leaves in a seedling. I had a tomato plant that stunted in the same garden.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Doesn’t sound great! Tough to tell without seeing it. Can always dig it up and drop it in a pot!

TreeBee

TreeBee

Maybe. I've been doing this for a while and I've never seen purple leaves in a seedling. I had a tomato plant that stunted in the same garden.
Have you considered the soil may be contaminated with something or drastically out of balance for a plant to succeed? Tomato plant in my experience will thrive in some pretty hostile situations. I had tomatos growing in the drain ditch for the grey water from my rv. Just from seeds getting rinsed down the drain didn't eat them because they were watered with shower, dish water and any cleaners I used but they did well all on their own.

G

gabanzo

Hi. It's strange the tomato plant that was stunted was surrounded by 30 other tomato plants that grew very well. I think I'm going to try moving the weed plant to another part of the garden. The tomato plant I left and it remained stunted all season.

Top Bottom