I put most of the UC together today.

• Thread starter Randyb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Randyb

It's a simple enough concept but it kicks your ass doing it. I bought KY jelly and yes it helps. Those rubber seals are so tight when you're trying to jam the PVC into it. Im hurting tonight and if you have a helper, use him. I did the 12 bucket system alone and my muscles are hurting tonight. I have arthritics pretty bad in my hands and shoulders but it a 2 man job. I'll set the hoses and pumps up tomorrow which should be the easier part of the job.
The directions SUCK. They definitely need to have someone rewrite them with better photo's and descriptions as they leave a lot out and you have to figure it out for yourself.

D

DWCScroggy

hey

Congrats on the new system. Where did you order your system from.

M

MediMary

It's a simple enough concept but it kicks your ass doing it. I bought KY jelly and yes it helps. Those rubber seals are so tight when you're trying to jam the PVC into it. Im hurting tonight and if you have a helper, use him. I did the 12 bucket system alone and my muscles are hurting tonight. I have arthritics pretty bad in my hands and shoulders but it a 2 man job. I'll set the hoses and pumps up tomorrow which should be the easier part of the job.
The directions SUCK. They definitely need to have someone rewrite them with better photo's and descriptions as they leave a lot out and you have to figure it out for yourself.

I feel yah bro, I got severe degenerative disc disease and Chrons(UC to be exact).
Seems like folks either struggle like fuck or they have no problem whatsover putting them together.
Jack says he can do 90 buckets in 4 hours. Im lucky to do 4 buckets in 9 hours.
(well its not really that bad, LOL:))

Once you get it together though, its def worth it.:)

R

Randyb

90 buckets in 4 hours, oh to be young and strong again.

I did the pumps today but again the directions SUCK. They have you set all buckets up only to find you have to take the rear manifold apart to get the valve and filter setup in place. (Putting the cart before the horse) Hopefully it's all set by tomorrow and running. The air stones supplied with the system suck as well so I bought some a little better that fit well in each bucket. 2 more hours and this thing will be running.:lock:

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I know what you mean, I got it in my hands, I just unpacked mine 8XL13 and will start to put it together in a couple days. I'll eat some cookies, read the paper than have at her. Best of luck. What kind of stuff you going to feed them? Did you get a chiller? if not check out the post on the $690.00 chiller on sale before it gets taken down, I just paid $1000.00 for the 1/2 hp same make, and I thought I got a deal as there reg. $1600.00 :character0029:

:confused0054:

R

Randyb

I know what you mean, I got it in my hands, I just unpacked mine 8XL13 and will start to put it together in a couple days. I'll eat some cookies, read the paper than have at her. Best of luck. What kind of stuff you going to feed them? Did you get a chiller? if not check out the post on the $690.00 chiller on sale before it gets taken down, I just paid $1000.00 for the 1/2 hp same make, and I thought I got a deal as there reg. $1600.00 :character0029:

:confused0054:

Thanks for the heads up on the chiller, it's a great price and I hope they have one left when I call. I wont need to use it till may but for that price my ballast order will have to wait. Make sure you use KY jelly as your lub as it makes things much easier compared to dish soap which caused a friend a bubbly mess. I'm going with H&G nute's as recommended by my hydro store. He gave me a great price on the whole line so Ill give it a try.
Baring any inventory issues, I just bought myself a chiller.:)

R

RMCG

Why did you have to take the rear manifold off to install the filters?

I know they are a new addition and aren't really in the directions yet, but I just lifted it up slightly (~3") buckets and all and spun them on.

R

Randyb

I know they are a new addition and aren't really in the directions yet, but I just lifted it up slightly (~3") buckets and all and spun them on.

I tried that and it wouldn't spin around without stoping on a bucket. Did you get the 8gal or 13. It wasn't hard to do but having correct directions would have saved me the extra work.

UCMENOW Did it take much KY? Just a little bit around the orings and on the PVC. A friend used soap and he said it was a bitch.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Thanks for the ky tip.

If you remove the upper halve of the filter housing it will spin into place on the 8's. Those filters are a new add in on the systems so I'm not surprised to hear there's not good instructions yet.

I'll talk some trash to the the UC crew and let them know there's room for improvement.

B

Bobby Smith

Not everyone is an extra large human like we are :)

G

grow_dat_nasty

My first UC I used soap and water to put it together and this method sucks, my new system I just got for veg I used a natural coco butter and thing went alot easier and faster even tho I had 2 extra buckets than the first time, was still a bitch, my hands got so cut up both times, its def a 2 person job tho it was just me and the wall lol the wall was more help than some people I know would of been tho lol

Top Bottom