I really need help in my project of Vape Oil

• Thread starter meduser121
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
meduser121

meduser121

Hi all! I am trying to make some things at home but am lacking in equipment. Also I am quite new to all of this and am here to learn first and foremost.

I have a process I use to create clear extract for use in vape cartridges. The process starts with a BHO, Winterized in Ethanol and Purged. With around 60ml of Ethanol left after filtration, I purge over a open air heat source on low temp which slowly but surely evaporates the bulk of the Ethanol. Once the bulk is gone I stir the solution until it reaches a consistency I am happy with. By this time some partial decarbing has taken effect I believe. It bubbles quite a bit.

Here is my dilemma. I am paranoid my end product has too much Ethanol. If I proceed to purge over heat further, it will darken the oil and give it a burnt taste.

I have seen a machine called the Source Turbo, but I fear without temperature controls I'll be unable to utilize the unit to reach my goal of very low PPM Winterized Vape Oil. I was drawn to the unit because of the vac purging. A very low heat under Vaccume, I believed, would ensure an excellent purge while maintaining that beautiful light color.

If you're wondering why I am going through lengths... well I enjoy it. I consider the product to be much higher end than, say, a bunch of unwinterized rosin drenched in EJmix.

I've attached an example of the end product through my above process ie. without vac chamber etc.. It is difficult to explain the consistency. It will snap off at cold temps. Waxy I'd describe it. But hard.

I really need help in my project of vape oil
Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
First off let me say Welcome to The Farm!

We are here to help you grow better weed! 🍻 🥳

I see you have mentioned the Source Turbo. I own that very same unit and I have been very, very happy with it. Several users have been using the link below. Fair disclosure: I created the link Source Turbo Tinctures-Oils & Shatter (methanol/alcohol extraction)

Several of us use the site as a current discussion site, however there are hundreds of articles on The Farm on this topic. Most of us, like you have tried many, many different ways of producing concentrates.

The Farm even has several forums specifically on concentrates that you may want to browse through.

I you ever want to get my attention, or think i should see something, just put @AnselAdams anywhere in the posting and I will be notified. I am going to follow your posting to see how you come out.

Remember; there is no such thing as a stupid question, except the one you did not ask! If I don't know the answer, I'll help you find someone who does!

Happy Growing 😎🥂

btsouthworth44

btsouthworth44

@AnselAdams I need 100% specific instructions to produce Golden concentrate.As I have done the dryer are use partner final multiple filtrationAnd sterilizing between each filtration. I need someone show me live

Eskander

Eskander

I have a process I use to create clear extract for use in vape cartridges. The process starts with a BHO, Winterized in Ethanol and Purged. With around 60ml of Ethanol left after filtration, I purge over a open air heat source on low temp which slowly but surely evaporates the bulk of the Ethanol. Once the bulk is gone I stir the solution until it reaches a consistency I am happy with. By this time some partial decarbing has taken effect I believe. It bubbles quite a bit.
If you are running your final step as a deliberate decarb then by the time you hit the temps needed to actually do it, the ethanol has boiled off. What temperature are you getting to and for how long? Also, how are you monitoring the temperature?

Edit:
Zombie thread eh?

-Eskander

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom