I Think He Is Trimming Too Much

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

My Son has went Trim Happy on both Autos and Photos.

Topping ok on Photos.

But he is cutting every Fan Leaf off. My understanding few at the bottom and Dead and Messed up ones. None off Autos.

I get shut up Old Man I know more than you. Trying to give my ideas without pissing him off.

oLd1

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

You’re not a beginner Old1 - you know more about this plant than you give yourself credit for that’s for sure.

I selectively prune Autos. Very minimal as any healthy leaf is a good leaf on those weirdos. LST is more my choice.

As for the photos, you are describing “schwazzing”. “Schwazzing” is the removal of all fan leaves except for the few powering the top colas on each branch. This is a highly debatable technique only deployed around the end of the 3rd week in flower. Never in veg. Some swear by it, some swear at those who swear by it.

oLd1

oLd1

I have been messing with 3 White Widows seems forever.

He trimmed all the Fan leaves told me I didn’t need a Tent. Got a Tent and they finally bloomed. But still waiting.

Went through a grow of Autos. He cut all the Fan Leaves then complained the Buds weren’t very big.

I was going to build a room he told me it was BS thinking.

Ok he helps me working around the house like putting a roof on now so I don’t want to PO him.

oLd1

oLd1

oLd1

Well he cut Sugar Leaves off the bottom. I told him what I thought. He said I was listening to you Guys too much. I told go ahead.

Now he says open my Tent when the light is on to let more air in. I told him it won't matter when we're gone. He said it should be close to cutting by then.

oLd1

oLd1

oLd1

Five months old. For a long time Son said we didn’t need no Tent.

oLd1

85267C5F C273 4687 8B93 51380E18215C
1B7A297B 0E41 49AD AD14 EF1BB3652B37
TSD

TSD

Five months old. For a long time Son said we didn’t need no Tent.

oLd1
Looks pretty sparse to me... I'd never cut that much off... I have 7 foot tall trees that are just over 6 months, given they are outdoors... but that's definitely too much Defoiliating in my opinion. The argument that the plants give more energy to the buds if there are less leaves only flies if there are still enough leaves to capture light and carry out photosynthesis.... that's 6th grade earth science lol. If you cut too much off that it thinks it's dying, it will stop budding and re veg to survive, or get so stressed out and turn hermaphrodite to pass on its genetics. I only ever trim fan leaves that are starting to die or are massive or lower branches to promote airflow... but to each thier own. Know it alls in gardening of any kind are annoying because it's a constant learning experience.

oLd1

oLd1

I’ve done many, many roofs in my lifetime. I’ve only grown weed 3 separate times. If anyone needs roofing advice, I give it. When it comes to growing weed, I listen to the experts. This site is chock full of em.
I know what your saying. My Son is going by what Guys around here are doing. Most are taking Bag Seed and Planting in the brush. Just now taking the Males out. Some are trying to grow inside. My Son is now Legal to grow.

Son is hard headed and everyone on the Internet idiots. I was telling him that Photo's had to be in the dark to bloom. Oh BS the only reason is to get different colored buds. So my Photos didn't bloom until I put them in a Tent. He is against using any Fertilizer, says it will burn the plants.

He is having a hard time with Auto's. They are doing what he thinks Photo's should do and he is treating Auto's like Photo's. Trimming and worrying on the lights.

Son Auto's are a different critter!

Thinking of doing another Photo Grow but Top them twice call it good.

oLd1

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Hey you tell him to make an online account here so he can teach us all :)

Then tell him he's lucky your disabled lol.

In all fairness, your a good dad. Sometimes you have to let them find out the hard way.

Ponky

Ponky

I feel your pain. Don't worry. Simple grows do work. Once the light and temperature is dialed in its just a matter of getting good genetics. Learning curves happen.

oLd1

oLd1

Hey you tell him to make an online account here so he can teach us all :)

Then tell him he's lucky your disabled lol.

In all fairness, your a good dad. Sometimes you have to let them find out the hard way.
I have another Son living next door. Told my wife one of these days I’ll be in Jail and he will be in the Hospital I don’t care if I have one arm.

He has found he can hide out if work is going on.

Long story but he has rules but he is making up his own dang rules. He is almost 50.

oLd1

oLd1

oLd1

I have 6 kids. Was outside the one Son comes out What you getting ready to do? Kill Chickens.

He runs back in his apartment. Comes back out when I'm cleaning up

Got a Son that owes me $8,500 but he can't pay it because of flu but now got to drive 80 miles one way to his Retirement Party.

I know my problem just letting off steam.

oLd1

Latest posts

Top Bottom