I think I used too much nutrients

• Thread starter TheCatman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheCatman

I am Purple Cow indicanja soil, using fabric grow bags that are 3 gallons. Also running autoflowers. My plants are about a month-and-a-half old and I noticed pistons on April 4th. I also have the vegetable supercharger for the end of conscious oil which is only supposed to help the plant absorb nutrients. Upon Consulting my local grocery store they thought the lower yellowing leaves was because of low nutrients. I bought biobizz bio bloom and gave the tall one's micro doses. The stronger one I have it's got some buds on it already I gave an even smaller microdose like the water was microdosed in the first place and I probably squirted a half ounce randomly on the top of the soil before I watered. My ones that are 2 ft tall are the ones that got more than the others but still not even half a dose. The maker of my soil says I should not have needed those nutrients yet. He said my plants look vastly under-watered. I had to agree as I knew my password light especially since I actually have an extra bag of just the soil to test it against. Now it seems when I water tips halfway up even at the top a little bit burn like instantly just burn and things curl under and die off. Doesn't matter how dry it is when I water it looks worse after. I'm confused about what to do about the dying leaves. I am assuming that these dying leaves are absorbing the extra nutrients that the plant could not handle. Killing off leaves that maybe it doesn't think it needs. Someone told me to cut the leaves off as soon as they're past the point of no return but I am worried that by cutting them off the extra nutrients will just ruin a different Leaf? Does that make sense to anybody? So should I leave the Leafs on until they are dried and brown? Me and my friend had absolutely no issues like this growing with Fox Farm. But we are also growing a photoperiod strain. We ran into slightly different issues just conditioning and stuff. I am afraid to water my plants. I have been but at this point they don't have much else to lose than the leaves for their flowers. Again I'm running autoflowers. They're only supposed to be seven up to eight weeks for the flowering. Can my autoflowers survive without the family? Any idea about what I can do about the over nutrients?

Maxwax

Maxwax

Well. Flush the soil if you think your over fertilized and that will solve your under watering issue for now, or at least bring you to a fresh start.

Im rather new but to be honest I have maybe never seen a cannabis plant that was "under watered." Just throwing that out there. They seem to appreciate a light drying out of the soil. Ive seen over watering every day here.

Ive been in chemical lawn and tree care for 40 years and I can tell you one thing for certain when it comes to nutrients. Less is best and I am now a firm believer in quality "Living" soils. Less need for nutrients slash much less room for error and I am experienced in mixing products and understand the ramifications of fucking it up.

Temperature and humidity and VPD is important so we dont know where thats at but.

Good luck.

T

TheCatman

Well. Flush the soil if you think your over fertilized and that will solve your under watering issue for now, or at least bring you to a fresh start.

Im rather new but to be honest I have maybe never seen a cannabis plant that was "under watered." Just throwing that out there. They seem to appreciate a light drying out of the soil. Ive seen over watering every day here.

Ive been in chemical lawn and tree care for 40 years and I can tell you one thing for certain when it comes to nutrients. Less is best and I am now a firm believer in quality "Living" soils. Less need for nutrients slash much less room for error and I am experienced in mixing products and understand the ramifications of fucking it up.

Temperature and humidity and VPD is important so we dont know where thats at but.

Good luck.
I am new as well. My friend is the one that did all the work last time I just got to share in the benefits. How can I flush the soil without over-watering? What do these look like to you? I could message you as well some more pictures or video that shows the progression of what happened but here are some pictures of today. The one with the actual best bud on it that tops of you was from yesterday I don't know if I need to just start over. I've had a professional tell me to cut off all the yellow stuff and keep going. But what My worry is if the stuff is turning yellow is it absorbing the extra nutrients? Is there a purpose to leave the leaf all the way tell that dries out completely. Someone else told me there could be a disease or something. Maybe I just need to run photo. Strains

20220501 121958
20220501 121940
20220501 121920
20220430 122653
20220430 122647
T

TheCatman

I am new as well. My friend is the one that did all the work last time I just got to share in the benefits. How can I flush the soil without over-watering? What do these look like to you? I could message you as well some more pictures or video that shows the progression of what happened but here are some pictures of today. The one with the actual best bud on it that tops of you was from yesterday I don't know if I need to just start over. I've had a professional tell me to cut off all the yellow stuff and keep going. But what My worry is if the stuff is turning yellow is it absorbing the extra nutrients? Is there a purpose to leave the leaf all the way tell that dries out completely. Someone else told me there could be a disease or something. Maybe I just need to run photo. Strains
Also should I lower the intensity of my light for right now?

Latest posts

Top Bottom