I think I'm over watering, What do you think.

• Thread starter JDMF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JDMF

JDMF

Hey I have a tent in veg right now and it is coming up on the third week. 4 A 5 Killer haze and 2 Blueberry strains the A 5 is from ace seeds and I'm not sure the Blueberry. The only thing I can think is that I'm over watering, right?!? Is there a chance they'll come back if I leave them be?

I think im over watering what do you think
I think im over watering what do you think 2
I think im over watering what do you think 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Those two light colored ones definitely look overwatered.

1. don't let them sit in water in the dish.
2. if you want to save them, your best bet would be to transplant into some decent soil, water to get the decent soil wet, then stop watering until the pot feels light.

Later, you'll want to feed them, depending on what kind of nutes are in the soil you've transplanted them into.

Cannabis roots need plenty of oxygen. Air and water share the same space in soil — the pore space or voids between soil particles. When you constantly fill the pore space with water, the roots can't get oxygen and they die. That's what's happening with your plants.

JDMF

JDMF

Thanks Mystic,
Very helpful.
I drained all the excess water from the saucers.
The plants are in power soil from the north east right now called Coast of Maine but would you still recommend I replant them for the purpose of helping them breathe?

TSD

TSD

Thanks Mystic,
Very helpful.
The plants are in power soil from the north east right now called Coast of Maine but would you still recommend I replant them for the purpose of helping them breathe?
Put them on an angle to tip the water line and let the excess drain out, then maybe very gently drill some he in the sides of the pots and point a gentle fan at the pots... or transplant, but they may not handle that stress well in thier weakened state... also raise the lights a little till they recover. How often have you been watering??! Also, get them up.off the floor, need maximum airflow to get them dried out... a dehumidifier would be very helpful if you have one.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Thanks Mystic,
Very helpful.
Coast of Maine is good soil. I think they need chunkier perlite in the Platinum mix, but it's good stuff.

I guess it depends on whether the plants rooted out that pot.

JDMF

JDMF

Put them on an angle to tip the water line and let the excess drain out, then maybe very gently drill some he in the sides of the pots and point a gentle fan at the pots... or transplant, but they may not handle that stress well in thier weakened state... also raise the lights a little till they recover. How often have you been watering??! Also, get them up.off the floor, need maximum airflow to get them dried out... a dehumidifier would be very helpful if you have one.
Thanks I'll try that. Every 4 days or as needed.

TSD

TSD

It should only be "as needed".
When you lift the pots they should feel very light, as if there is no water in them. That is when you water them again.

Take "4 days" out of the equation. 😊

Yeah big pots that wet with those size plants are gonna take like a week or more to dry out until they get up and growing at least.

D

dean1963

i just look if the leaves start to droop and then stick the moisture meter in the soil.
if their dry or close, i water them.
i'm a newb but my girls are always happy

Blastfact

Blastfact

Those are awful small pots. Bet there #3 nursery pots so that would make them 2.5 to 2.75 gal. #5 nursery pots are just over 4 gal and #7 are just over 6 gal. I use nothing smaller than #5 for autos and #7 to #10 for photos. They also need to be on pot elevators to keep them off the bottom of the saucers. Let them dry out a few days and don't feed or water. They will bounce back and make you proud. Plastic pots hold water better and don't dry out near as fast as cloth or air pots and will last years if taken care of. My #7 pots, elevators and saucers are 5 years old or better.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Overwatered? What makes you think that? 🤪

There is enough water in your runoff tray to water your entire pot and then on top of that looks like you've been foliar spraying or misting in addition to that. Spend the entire day today reading as much as you can on cannabis watering habits for soil grows and don't water your plants again until the pots are almost entirely dry.

JDMF

JDMF

Ok some time went by since my last post. I was patient, I let the plant tell me what it needed(which was nothing until I transplanted it). I replanted into #5 pots with Michigan Made Mix 5/27/2022
Here they are today. I'm stoked with the comeback

IMG 0320
IMG 0323 1
IMG 0322 1
Last edited:
JDMF

JDMF

Hey everybody! These are my water logged plants at 3 weeks flower. They came back, Holy Jesus they came back.
Thank you again for all the support it was top shelf.

67831620041  E031F546 DDCF 47E4 98DC A99479C41AA7
67831621877  0EF98983 DDB9 4E82 BC42 EAFD121622CC
IMG 0366
IMG 0367
Top Bottom