i use canna aqua nutes and have a PK 12-14 question

• Thread starter jyip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jyip

jyip

I use canna aqua nutes in an ebb n flo tray 40gal res and use hydroton in one gal 6 inch mesh bottom pots,,under a single 1 K HPS bulb thats new,,,,,
strted with clones 3/30
flowered 12/12 on 5/13
PROBLEM #1
added PK 13-14 on 6/1 thru 6/6 @ 6ml per gal ,,,,
i thought you run the PK once the plants stop stretching from the lighting switch,,, what i think happpened is this triggered resin production cuz overnight the buds were covered,,, what I think i i did wrong,, I gave the PK too early,,,canna doesnt make it clear and i am sure its strian specific as to exact time, but in general I think you need to wait longer until bud development is fuller and most of the size is already there otherwise you get resin and not bud size

PROBLEM #2
I bought an extension cord that has the cool looking lighted end when it's plugged in and has power,,,,and it was for my flower room,, DUHHH!!,,,, this little light and also from my AC display that lights up showing the temp was enough to trigger at least 6 scratch that, nine plts,,,of my 20 plants to almost totally hermie and they have a ton of seed development which the heavier seeded plants closest to light leak,,, I never saw any male flowers and i was in there every day multiple times checkin em out,,, i only noticed after i saw a seed bract swell open on top of a cola,,,, and these seeds are almost mature,, as some are dark and hard,,,,,

QUESTION #3
I fixed all the light leaks perfectly dark now,, plants had roughly 5 weeks of this light leak, oh, they are a 8- 10 week strains, 3 strains actually,, bubblegum, millenium and the rubyreds,, do you think the other plants that are not showing seeds are justa little behind and will seed up or I should be allset as long as no light leaks again, stupid rookie mistake,,, oh well,,,, ona good note, now i have some ruby red seeds ,,
would this make the seeds feminized cuz there was no male plant to sex them up?? and would seeds carry that hermie drama and have alijkelyhood to throw hermies with these new seeds
thx for any input people

QUESTION
would DM reverse have helped me here if i caught earlier

thx again​
....stayin stoned
pEACE, Jyip

Luke Harrison

Luke Harrison

Dude don't worry about it runit through and replant. Next time through you will have your rookie issues fixed and your plants will be better. Choose one strain you like the best and just grow that one untill your more expericened at reading and understanding what the palnts are telling you. And redo the power. As for the Canna PK issue I also run there product but this is also My first run using just there nutes. I usally run Fox Farm powders with Canna. I haven't heard that PK whould stop streatch but Bushmaster will. Peace LH

jyip

jyip

thx for feedback,,,, i talked with someone on the PK and they said the proper time to run Pk13-14 is when you the buds are the size ofa dime when lookin down at them from above,,,thism came from the canna distributor,,,, i think u are right as far sa genetics,,,,, tis one was a salad bowl run, unexpected clones froma friend and some are old genetics im getin back again,illenium's had tended to hermie very easily,,,,,

im gonna run em out as ya said,and then i have all ruby reds to run this next time

i wasnt thinkin the PK stopped the stretch.,ut thought it stopped them from bulking up more,,,but its do to the seed development, not the PK timing,,thx again

K

KGBudman

PROBLEM #2​
I bought an extension cord that has the cool looking lighted end when it's plugged in and has power,,,,and it was for my flower room,, DUHHH!!,,,, this little light and also from my AC display that lights up showing the temp was enough to trigger at least 6 scratch that, nine plts,,,of my 20 plants to almost totally hermie and they have a ton of seed development which the heavier seeded plants closest to light leak,,, I never saw any male flowers and i was in there every day multiple times checkin em out,,, i only noticed after i saw a seed bract swell open on top of a cola,,,, and these seeds are almost mature,, as some are dark and hard,,,,,​
QUESTION #3​
I fixed all the light leaks perfectly dark now,, plants had roughly 5 weeks of this light leak, oh, they are a 8- 10 week strains, 3 strains actually,, bubblegum, millenium and the rubyreds,, do you think the other plants that are not showing seeds are justa little behind and will seed up or I should be allset as long as no light leaks again, stupid rookie mistake,,, oh well,,,, ona good note, now i have some ruby red seeds ,,​
would this make the seeds feminized cuz there was no male plant to sex them up?? and would seeds carry that hermie drama and have alijkelyhood to throw hermies with these new seeds​
thx for any input people​
QUESTION​
would DM reverse have helped me here if i caught earlier​
thx again​
....stayin stoned
pEACE, Jyip

I did the exact same thing. Just asked about the extension cord thing yesterday. Only 1 reply so far that inferred the light on the cord should not do that. I now disagree. I actually sat in my room during lights out. Put some tape over the display on my co2 controller but, I am using the Titan Flow-N-Gro system. That light on the extension cord only comes on for maybe 10 minutes at a time, 3 times during the dark cycle. I did not happen to be in there during the feed cycle to see this.
If it was just that light that caused it, that sucks because yesterday I chopped 6 White Rhino plants almost 3' tall cause I didn't wanna risk them doing it again. Not to mention the BALLS I BUSTED for bringing me a f'd up hermie plant.
I noticed I am also having some radiant heat issues. Thinking that may also be a contributor.

Again, same boat. I think that like me, if you didn't catch it til you saw seed, after you remove the herm you probably have a couple weeks worth of pollination you won't see for a couple weeks. SUCKS!! Depends how much pollen,went where. Also, fertility of the other plants as well. 2 WR's hermed on me. They were in 1 quadrant of my room. 2 Jilly Beans right next to them rubbing all over them are not even showing ANY signs of seeding. 12 Perma Frost in the rest of the room showing anywhere from a couple seeds to "oh that sucks,probably gonna look like somma that "sifter weed" I used to get for $50 a lid back in the day". HA HA
From what I've read, the hermaphroditing is a dominant gene and will be passed. However, if it is a light leak which caused it(environmental stress, not genetic), it's not necessarily gonna sprout male parts under acceptable conditions but, may be more likely to if her desirable conditions are not met. My understanding is this is how they get feminized seeds. However, after stressing a plant into hermaphroditing, you would use a plant which shows MINIMAL herm traits for this as using a plant with strong herm traits will produce seeds with the same.

Let me finish by saying that I AM NO PRO. Still learning and re-learning. I quit growin for about 10 years as my kids were at the stage...

K

KGBudman

Just found some of what I was reading yesterday on this. I don't think I am supposed to link anything, so I won't cuz I like it here. I will just say I Googled "hermaphrodite Marijuana plant", and went to the 420 site.

jyip

jyip

kgbud,
cool,thx for link,,, i would def take some panda filmand tape it around your ext cord plug cuz thats enuff to mess ya up,,, its gotta b pinch black darkk,,, i stay in lights out room for ten minutes unil eyes get adjusted and then i saw how much light was comin in from my fresh air vent as well,,,,but it is 100%dark, no light leaks now,,, so no more of this shit,,it sux,, im gonna have about 8 plts fully seeded and i guess im gonna learn how to make BHO wiith it all too,,,other than that alls cooll

oh, with good genetics vs bad genetics,,,, i have some good gen in there too that didnt get affected so im not gonna fucvk around with garbage genes again ever if i can help it

Top Bottom