I Want A New Roor-like Bong...

• Thread starter DankyPanky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
David Goldstein fritted discs. Usually have a rooster on them. Think the company is called Rooster Apparatus. They hit sick.

there is a vid.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Looking for suggestions, alternatives, warnings, for ones in the $100-$300 range. Something thick walled, well made, simple, beaker or straight tube. What do you like from whom, and why? Also looking for the best price (US). Thanks.
I'd avoid a straight tube, if you Maeve the ice in it as it menus the water will rise and get the bowl wet. Probally the best hit out of the two though

Newenglander

Newenglander

David Goldstein fritted discs. Usually have a rooster on them. Think the company is called Rooster Apparatus. They hit sick.

there is a vid.

This..that's what ya want. No need to deviate from the originals.

@cemchris do I know you bro? I'm feeling like I know you.....weird. turbos right?

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Go to Aqua Lab Tech. and check out some stuff. I Love the stuff from Manifest Glassworks myself, you'll find them under the Scientific glass section. They've got a sale going right now too.
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Any Roor for $52 is a knock-off. The real deal is expensive stuff. I've spent a hell of a lot of time looking at that stuff online and collecting to some degree, although I've given most of my stuff away and sold some of it. Still have my favorite bong and a bubbler for my sons to use if they're over and need something. Kinda stuck on vaping now.

GOGOCOCO

GOGOCOCO

Any Roor for $52 is a knock-off. The real deal is expensive stuff. I've spent a hell of a lot of time looking at that stuff online and collecting to some degree, although I've given most of my stuff away and sold some of it. Still have my favorite bong and a bubbler for my sons to use if they're over and need something. Kinda stuck on vaping now.

Honestly there's no way to tell without trying. And for that price I may just buy 4 and just replace anything I break with a brand new, clean bong ;)
Edit
I have ordered smaller, oil rigs, and they were thick, decent glass. I even torched and bent a stem from one at home and it didn't break.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Honestly there's no way to tell without trying. And for that price I may just buy 4 and just replace anything I break with a brand new, clean bong ;)
Edit
I have ordered smaller, oil rigs, and they were thick, decent glass. I even torched and bent a stem from one at home and it didn't break.
I've never been too convinced that the real Roor's were worth what they charge for them anyway, I'm sure the diehard Roor guys would be upset but, I've always thought a few different glass companies were way overpriced and they're one of them. I don't mind paying to have a nice piece but, some of them are just ridiculous.
Some pieces won't be real expensive but real expensive for the features you get, it's all about buying the name and I don't care about having the trendy name, I care about getting a nice piece.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I've never been too convinced that the real Roor's were worth what they charge for them anyway, I'm sure the diehard Roor guys would be upset but, I've always thought a few different glass companies were way overpriced and they're one of them. I don't mind paying to have a nice piece but, some of them are just ridiculous.
Some pieces won't be real expensive but real expensive for the features you get, it's all about buying the name and I don't care about having the trendy name, I care about getting a nice piece.

Very true on some fronts but for example. Toro Macro's. Hit like a dream. The knockoffs while waaaay cheaper dont even come close to the hit of a Toro. Not to mention I used my Macro for 2 years and sold it for 50 bucks more then I bought it for without a dome.

Junk Punk

Junk Punk

Hi,

For me, the best bongs are the simpliest, without ice chamber or any perco wich filters more thc than tar in my opinion...

Here is my bong wich costs 50 euros or about 55$, it's a 7mm, the 5mm costs about 45$.

The brand is Weedstar, i know you want an american bong but this one is german...

Here is the 5mm :
06490_420.jpg

...and the 7mm one (mine) :
06269_420.jpg

Hope it helps,

JP.

Top Bottom