i want to build a carbon scrubber! what kind of carbon/charcoal do i need?????

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danko

im building a box with an intake port under and the out take at a 90degree to the intake shootin out the room. in the box i just want to fill it with whatever i need to put in it (the focus of this thread is what to put in it)
and just screen the 2 ports from the inside to hold the carbon from falling out or getting sucked into the fan.

what kind of carbon/charcoal can i use? anyone have expierienc with this?

and how much do you think ill need? i figured id make the box like 12"x12"inches with 6inch ports.... its for a 10x10 foot bedroom

thanks dudes

convex

convex

This sites SEARCH feature is a remarkable thing - try searching for DIY Carbon ;)

L

Lost

Activated aquarium charcol. A pair of panty hose and 2 perforated pen holders of differing sizes that fit inside one another.. hehehe

D

danko

i did a search bro... no one was covering this particular question...

lost... it turns out the aquarium versions are very different from the air versions!!! there are liquid phase carbon and air phase carbon. obviously we would be needing air phase carbon! i found it, i hope this will help other people in the future. it on ebay for 40bux or so. 2 dealers. it seems worth it to me even with the $20 shipping!

K

KushMaster707

yea youll need about 12-15 lbs of carbon or so to filter that size of a room but going with more wont ever hurt unless you clog your fans with it.

N

n0dn4rb

or you can use kitty litter......

i used a diy guide to build my own scrubber and used kittly litter for my medium of choice.....I picked up the Fresh Step Multiple Cat Strength with Odor Eliminating Carbon and have been rocking it for the past year now with no problems....I change my filter out every 6 months with fresh and have never had a complaint since....

plus the kitty litter buckets can be used as hempy buckets......hope that helps....

oh and I rock my filter in a 5'x8'x8' room with 2k no problems....even with the Chemdog D

D

danko

cat litter huh? pretty good bro lol! i ordered 10 lbs of ctc-60 4mm pellets of virigin activated air phase carbon!!! cant go wrong with that im sure! it was $32 and $18 for shipping so $50 total... im sure it will suit my needs...

S

smoke1sun

At a hydro store i went to awhile back, the had carbon from can filters for sale. Me personally i used this from ebay.

i think it was from this person

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

I've tried making a couple DIY carbon filters and never seem to get the kind of results people boast. I am considering buying a filter and additional fan. HTG has a 4' inch fan w/ filter for $120 right now.

Top Bottom