I want to build the perfect Grow Area 6,000 dollar limit. HELP

• Thread starter linkage4200
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

linkage4200

Ok every one. I just cant seem to figure this out, or find the right gear for the right prices. I know you all have been doing this longer then me and I can see that most of you all are pros. so any feed back would be great. I want to build the perfect grow room. I have a 6000 dollar limit. I'm going for quality not quantity. Think Ill get the intellidose and intelliclimate for starters. Im open to suggestions.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Not what I would do, just those two items will eat up more than half your budget when it is all said and done with. With all the test tanks and setup you are lookin at over $3000.00 in controllers

4k minimum, 1-2 ton a/c, a couple 6"-8" inline fans, a couple circulation fans, a scrubber...decide what style grow your goin for, soil, hydro, drip, flood, recirc, etc... that will make the direction your headin alot clearer.

Tex

L

livinglegend

you could build my room for around that price.
check it out, if you like it i can give u a list of shit.....

G

growlife

purchace the basic stuff first like
get the proper room then get
intake/exhaust ,lights and others
no need for timers or controllers
untill there is a proper room full of stuff
to control

G

GroHi

No such thing as a "perfect" room, especially not for under 15-20k & even then... it's always about compromise & balancing & keeping under max constraints.

Strongly suggest getting the core items as others have pointed, especially as a beginner & just get quality. No sense buying a Ferrari when you haven't even learned to drive yet... you'll be doing yourself a disservice. Hand mix your nutes & hand water the first crop... this will be worth more than the 6k in experience gained. Peace.

L

linkage4200

Darn it. Lol I wanted to see your ideas so maybe I could com up with a new idea. The only problem Im having now is heat and I went and got a A/C and it isnt doing much for the heat. Some one give an idea on an AC that does its job.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Your goin to need 2 tons of a/c for the 4k worth of lights and all the gadgets, a small window or portable unit just doesn't get to the level your goin to need IMO.

4k w/ vertizontal hoods =$2,200.00

1600w worth of 400w verticle side light (4) daylight blues = $1,200.00

50amp power distribution panel with (8) 220v outlets and (4)110 outlets= $500.00

25,000btu window unit a/c = $500.00

Can 150 scrubber combo w/12" fan = $785.00

Can fan 6" inline (2) $280.00 each

So there is over $6K and I am just gettin started, with no media, pots, plants, nutes, fans, meters, panda, or electrical work done.

6K is about what I spend on the very basics of a 4k-6k grow and I mean basics.

Tex

K

Kushtard

texas kid, what is your style with that setup. Seems to be pretty tooled up! Cool. I am wondering if that is the dwc or something akin setups with the trees and connected vertical tubes. Most verts are stadiums but recently I have found the dwc verts with the 400 side lights. Perpetual trees or perpetual sog always seems a debate.

L

livinglegend

a 16k BTU Portable AC will cool the room. got mine for around 4 hundred.

L

linkage4200

Yeah my idea is to put two one thousands on a light rail and get a co2 burner , ac ,dehumidifier, and all the fans that i need. I was going to get the intellidose , intelliclimate gear. Im going to be running all advanced nutes. I also got a grow tent that ill veg my stuff out in. I think Ill do a sea of green. I don't grow to sell anything so a ton of meds isn't what im doing this for. My aim is... I want enough AAA to hold the family over till the next harvest. I just want a great room. I do understand what tex means though. I can always up grade. The perfect grow room is gonna be a lot of money. Maybe I should go smaller. It cost less to go smaller. Then I can add to it.
Thank you all.

L

livinglegend

let us know what you end up doing.....
Tex's cost is high IMO. Like i said, im running a total of 5k watts in lights and got it all dialed in for under 6 g's........

the only reason i say go smaller, is because you can really focus on your plants better first time around. 2k watts is a perfect first time grow, its enough to pull some good weight to smoke on, and it just enough plants to give love to but not be overwelmed.

S

shdowlkr

I say skip the light mover and spend that money on another light...

I know plenty of guys that stay self sufficient using just a 1k in flower and still have the ability to pocket some change for their efforts. 2k would definitely sustain a large family.

I'd go with a 10x8 flower area, using 2 4x4 areas within it for flowering, could later expand to use 2 4x8 beds with 2k over each..

Veg area would be a stacked shelf using 2'x4' shop lights for each level, T5's given the option. A level up top for rooting cuts, and 2 below for veggin cuts for the flower areas.

Personally, I'd skip the advanced nutrients too.. Theres cheaper out there that do just as well or better IMO...

Medium would be coco in recirculating tables...

S

solarz

let us know what you end up doing.....
Tex's cost is high IMO. Like i said, im running a total of 5k watts in lights and got it all dialed in for under 6 g's........

the only reason i say go smaller, is because you can really focus on your plants better first time around. 2k watts is a perfect first time grow, its enough to pull some good weight to smoke on, and it just enough plants to give love to but not be overwelmed.

Living legend...do you have a thread where you detail your room build? I'd like to see how you put it together. Thanks in advance.

solarz

G

grandaddypurple

Great info and ideas every1. Giving me some thinking on how I could set something up, and what I need. Thanks and much love.

C

CannabisSativa

start off small, I say dont go over 2k , do not get a portable ac , window units or split systems are the best.

Is this going to be your 1st grow? If so I also say dont use advanced nutes ,alot of adds, etc.. Start off simple, 1 or 2 part nute system , and at most 2 additives, going need deep in nute bottles for your 1st couple runs will most likely cause new growers more problems than benefits.

capegrower

capegrower

wow...so many variables to this question. 6k..ok thats the budget
Now whats your proposed grow area? basement, attic, garage, warehouse..etc open area or closed, footprint of area, electrical amps, water source, neighbors, security and so on
Thens theres your growing ability, electrical knowledge, building, plumbing etc...
how many plants are you willing to grow? can you get clones or starting from seed?
do you want big harvests every 8 weeks or sea of green style? do you live in the south where cooling is a major issue or up north where its less??
How much time can you spend on your plants? daily for how many hours?

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

go the first time start with 2 1000 wt light i cant count on how many people go to my buddy grow shop and goes all out spending around $6000 to come back in after 3 months and say can u sale my stuff for me so good luck man and happy grow The Cali. Kid

L

linkage4200

Oh no this inst my first turkey, I just wanted to see what you all would get. Only problem is I just got one of these portable A/Cs and they suck ass.. Im going to go get a 32000 btu window A/C unit tomorrow. Right now Im running a few things. Im doing organic Subcool style dirt and flood and drain. we used to use fox farms. We picked up one of those Bc northern lights grow boxes and got all the advanced nutes so were going to run that along with everything else. If any one is intrested on how these bc boxes run Ill keep everyone up dated.

tiedye611

tiedye611

I was wondering how good those BC boxes are. Heard they get hot.

JH420

JH420

I was wondering how good those BC boxes are. Heard they get hot.

The ads for these in HT is what got me interested in farming in the 1st place. Checked around the net and not many people too happy with the purchase...it would have cost almost 5 grand by the time it came to my door. You can build an awesome room that can put out atleast 5x more budz for the same money. I guess they're ok if you need something small for an apartment/condo, and have zero construction skills and tools...still a better solution would be a tent imvho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom